April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-26-2011, 08:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Kaitlin,
My two pence worth...
If my wife ever replaced our bed without giving me any say in the matter I would be angry as hell. That's our bed, our marriage bed, our private place away from everybody else in the world and she just put in the trash without even asking me? It would be a violation.

I can't speak for your BF or your relationship but I do know what my reaction would be in those circumstances.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, I am going to vent again.

Yucky cold virus for most of January!

Now for the remainder of the month, freezing, not hungry, stomach rolling!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Geoffers
Hey Kaitlin,
My two pence worth...
If my wife ever replaced our bed without giving me any say in the matter I would be angry as hell. That's our bed, our marriage bed, our private place away from everybody else in the world and she just put in the trash without even asking me? It would be a violation.

I can't speak for your BF or your relationship but I do know what my reaction would be in those circumstances.
Yeah- I could see where you're coming from...HOWEVER; we did not have a the bed frame to begin with- just the bed. I did not throw anything out- simply got us a pretty headboard etc...

thank you for your input.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
Yeah- I could see where you're coming from...HOWEVER; we did not have a the bed frame to begin with- just the bed. I did not throw anything out- simply got us a pretty headboard etc...

thank you for your input.
And once again the facts make me irrelevant! I was just trying to offer an alternative view... an irrelevant one, as it turns out, but an honest one.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone. Looks like folks are still doing great, especially some of our newest challengers. Awesome!

I've been crazy busy lately, and haven't been able to work out the way I'd like for the last couple of weeks. Also, I did have a couple of what I would call cheat days, both this week. I was invited to a wonderful home cooked pot luck and just didn't feel like resisting the wonderful foods. I tried to approach them in terms of small portions, but even exercising moderate control I was only able to keep my calories around my daily burn. The next day I hosted a little football party, and again decided I could indulge in the healthier versions of football food I made, but still was well over my target calories with the couple of beers on top. That's all ok. I feel like I made a conscious decisions, and I knew that I wouldn't allow these treats to affect my long term goals.

I'm weighing in early again, and think I'll go ahead and change my weigh in day to Fridays since I go away for the weekend so often. So, given all above, I'm happy to record a 2lb loss on a short and calorie-rich week.

Have a great weekend and week everyone. Keep up the great work!
Matt

I'm ha
Old 01-28-2011, 02:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Hi everyone. Looks like folks are still doing great, especially some of our newest challengers. Awesome!

I've been crazy busy lately, and haven't been able to work out the way I'd like for the last couple of weeks. Also, I did have a couple of what I would call cheat days, both this week. I was invited to a wonderful home cooked pot luck and just didn't feel like resisting the wonderful foods. I tried to approach them in terms of small portions, but even exercising moderate control I was only able to keep my calories around my daily burn. The next day I hosted a little football party, and again decided I could indulge in the healthier versions of football food I made, but still was well over my target calories with the couple of beers on top. That's all ok. I feel like I made a conscious decisions, and I knew that I wouldn't allow these treats to affect my long term goals.

I'm weighing in early again, and think I'll go ahead and change my weigh in day to Fridays since I go away for the weekend so often. So, given all above, I'm happy to record a 2lb loss on a short and calorie-rich week.

Have a great weekend and week everyone. Keep up the great work!
Matt

I'm ha
Matt, you're doing great! I agree that planned, conscious decisions to go over one's usual calorie limit are OK, within reason, of course. I had my "day off" last saturday and at least equaled if not slightly exceeded by burn for the day. I won't do that again until next month. I think this is important to the plan as I have proven that I'm pretty much over the "all or nothing thinking" that has derailed my weight loss plans in the past.

So keep up the great work--looks like you'll be joining me in the "twos" in pretty short order!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Matt!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you both! The twos on the horizon is very exciting. It's been at least 6 years since I've seen them. I'm looking forward to visiting, but planning on spending my happy life in the ones
Old 01-28-2011, 05:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
The twos on the horizon is very exciting. It's been at least 6 years since I've seen them. I'm looking forward to visiting, but planning on spending my happy life in the ones
Matt, the "twos" are great and all, but I agree--once I hit the "ones" I'm staying there for good.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-28-2011, 05:30 AM
FitDay Member

Kaitlin, I can't explain your specific BF to you, since I don't know him. I can however say that my husband and I are happily married and we've been together 15 years. I credit much of that to our ability to communicate with each other. DH is a classic "strong-silent" type, so for us communication is work. Early in our relationship I learned that in order to see his reaction, I had to know what to look for and when there wasn't a reaction - how to prod one I could read out of him - gently. Believe me, I know where you are. One time I spent hours at the salon, got a drastic hair cut, a new color and a professional style and ta-da - (crickets chirping) not a single word from him. For heavens sake, I went in with long brown hair and came out with a short strawberry-blond bob, how is it he says nothing? Well 3-4 days later he comments that the new hair is driving him crazy because I look a little too much like an actress who plays a spy on TV (a show he never missed BTW). Okay his reaction is long overdue, and almost subtle, but it's there, you just have to be patient. I've lost nearly 100 pounds, believe me he's been silent on that issue as well (he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't right?). However I can tell you this, it's driving him the same kind of crazy that hair style did. The meals I fix, similar. He never says that he likes this or that, but I can tell you for certain which ones he gets seconds on and which leftovers aren't leftover for long.

I don't know how long you've been together, but you might just need a little more time to learn to read him better - especially if he also falls into the "strong-silent" type. I might also suggest that he needs to learn to read you a little better, and that requires a conversation. You might check out "Men are from Mars, and Women are from Venus", it's a book on communication between the sexes. While I don't agree with everything the book has to say about women, it's not a bad reference when it comes to understanding men.

Back on topic, the scale has moved down for me a little this week ADT (about damn time), so hopefully I won't blow it this weekend since my official weigh in is on Monday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.