Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 12-19-2010, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Michael, you're really inspiring! I was planning to "try" to do this on my own, but realized I'd be better about holding myself accountable if I put myself out there for all of fitday to see. 10% for me would be 13 pounds - sounds easy, right? Well I've been stuck recently (Christmas cookies may have something to do with it). 13 pounds will put me at my "ideal" weight.
starting weight 134.7# 12/19
goal 122# by April Fool's.

Last edited by nottango; 12-19-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nottango
Michael, you're really inspiring! I was planning to "try" to do this on my own, but realized I'd be better about holding myself accountable if I put myself out there for all of fitday to see. 10% for me would be 13 pounds - sounds easy, right? Well I've been stuck recently (Christmas cookies may have something to do with it). 13 pounds will put me at my "ideal" weight.
starting weight 135.1# 12/19
goal 122# by April Fool's.
Welcome! How exciting to be that close to your "ideal" weight. A pound a week seems like a reasonable goal. Watch out for those baked goods--I've sworn off them entirely. And remember the words of Master Yoda, "Do or do not. There is no try".

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-19-2010, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

This summer MUST be the summer I can go to the beach and not be self-conscious about my body. 6 PACK ABS!!! LETS GO!!!
Old 12-19-2010, 01:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Alex, that's great--nobody's gonna kick sand in your face at the beach THIS summer!

And I hope the 6 pack works out--I have 12 pack abs, personally

Keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-21-2010, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

I'm surprised more people aren't jumping aboard for this goal!
Old 12-21-2010, 01:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by AlexBarkerFitDay
I'm surprised more people aren't jumping aboard for this goal!
'Tis the season, I think, Alex. Just wait 'till after 01/01 and I wager we'll see more folks getting on the wagon.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-21-2010, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

LOL New Year's Resolutions are so overrated...

We're going to have to get some more people to take on the challenge and we're going to work hard to keep them motivated. I suppose helping others through the journey helps us stay on track.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

I am in! My name is Kaitlin and i am 6"1.5 and currently weigh 197- so my goal is to get to 180. i workout about 3-4 times a week but have not lost any weight. However i just ordered a little "fitbook" off of amazon.com which i can track all of my food intake in...which will help a bunch. I know i can log into on here but it is easier for me to just jot it down...

I have been checking in under the "exercise" forum with the wednesday club but feel like i need some extra support...

I have been struggling to loose any weight for about 2 months now going on three. I blasted through summer dropping almost 20 pounds but holidays, snow, and holiday food has kept me just maintaining. i am tired of being 197- ready to see the scale go down.

I will check in on mondays as well....can't wait.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Alex- a cruise shouldent be an obstacle! they give you so mnay options (which could be a downfall) but lots of healthy stuff too!!
Old 12-22-2010, 04:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
I am in! My name is Kaitlin and i am 6"1.5 and currently weigh 197- so my goal is to get to 180. i workout about 3-4 times a week but have not lost any weight. However i just ordered a little "fitbook" off of amazon.com which i can track all of my food intake in...which will help a bunch. I know i can log into on here but it is easier for me to just jot it down...

I have been checking in under the "exercise" forum with the wednesday club but feel like i need some extra support...

I have been struggling to loose any weight for about 2 months now going on three. I blasted through summer dropping almost 20 pounds but holidays, snow, and holiday food has kept me just maintaining. i am tired of being 197- ready to see the scale go down.

I will check in on mondays as well....can't wait.
Kaitlin, glad to have you! 1.5 lbs a week should be doable if you work at it. Have you figured out a calorie level yet? It sounds like you had great success this summer so you know what you need to do.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.