April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge >

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Community
Notices

April Fool's Day 10% Body Weight Loss Challenge

Old 01-05-2011, 04:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kcolville
hahahahah- amy, i love pudding cups too! they arent really all that bad if you get the low fat/low calorie ones...ive always wondered how they would be forzen! but yet- we all need a slap here and there!

on another topic- i have recently fallen in love with making my own smoothies- LOVE! i do it for a snack or treat after dinner.

Smoothie:
good amount of ice 5-6 cubes
a dash of water
3 splenda fiber packets
1/2 cup frozen fruit (around 50 cals)
1 low fat yogurt (90 cals)

mix and blend together and you have a yummy dessert- about 12 oz! and only around 140 calories!
Yum! That does sound tasty. Don't know if i could bring myself to drink those cals, though, I do love to eat so much.

I was eating those low cal/low fat chocolate pudding cups but I like them too much. Now I've pretty much given up anything sweet and don't really miss it. I do have a low cal/low fat fruit yogurt with my lunch at work five days a week but it's not quite the same.

Regards,
Michael

PS "cool beans" is kind of a joke around our house--one of our "acquaintances" who my wife greatly dislikes used to say it all the time. Now I say it once in a while to get her goat (why is that so fun!?).
Old 01-05-2011, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
PS "cool beans" is kind of a joke around our house--one of our "acquaintances" who my wife greatly dislikes used to say it all the time. Now I say it once in a while to get her goat (why is that so fun!?).
Men! Good grief I thought it was only my husband that acted like moron just to torment his wife.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Member

hahahahah- amy, i love pudding cups too! they arent really all that bad if you get the low fat/low calorie ones...ive always wondered how they would be forzen! but yet- we all need a slap here and there!

on another topic- i have recently fallen in love with making my own smoothies- LOVE! i do it for a snack or treat after dinner.

Smoothie:
a dash of water
3 splenda fiber packets

mix and blend together and you have a yummy dessert- about 12 oz! and only around 140 calories!
Pudding cups are awesome frozen and it takes a while to eat one, unfrozen I can eat all the pudding and lick the cup clean in like 2.5 seconds, frozen it takes several minutes, maybe even as long as it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop...

I love smoothies too, a make something similar to your here but I also throw in low sugar jam. Another smoothie I've been making lately is with frozen lite almond milk and chocolate protein powder. Soooo yummy.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-05-2011 at 05:39 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Men! Good grief I thought it was only my husband that acted like moron just to torment his wife.
Ha ha--nope, I'm guilty as charged. I DO try to keep it in check to some extent, but, well, nobody's perfect.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Ha ha--nope, I'm guilty as charged. I DO try to keep it in check to some extent, but, well, nobody's perfect.
True. I don't think my DH tries to keep it in check, he seems to take great delight in torturing me.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Smoothie:
a dash of water
3 splenda fiber packets

mix and blend together and you have a yummy dessert- about 12 oz!
and only around 140 calories!
I could handle that without the splenda. In the summer, I like buying plain yogurt and just adding fresh fruit.

When I go to camp, I bring along WellBetX or SlimStyles powder. I prefer WellBetX because it is not as sweet, but SlimStyles has more flavors. Anyway, I mix it up in a cup and let it sit. Then when everyone else is loading up on sugar mid-day or late night, I am eating a tasty pudding and topping it off with a glass of water.
Old 01-05-2011, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

great ideas for the smoothies ladies! and i think i may stick a pudding in the freezer tonight- see how it tastes tomorrow!!

i'm pretty dissapointed in myself currently- i attend a wednesday meeting from 12:30-3..everytime there is a pretty good assortment of treats. Normally i can walk away from food..but this is different. I HAVE to be at these meetings for work and the sweets are literally at my fingertips- i caved and ate 300 empty calories... Every week i tell myself- next week i am not eating any of it..but it never works.. HELPPP!
Old 01-05-2011, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

Minty sugarless gum, or mints like Tic Tacs, buy bulk and keep them in your desk for such occasions. Mint always makes me feel like I've brushed my teeth and now I shouldn't eat anything else. The mint sometimes also masks the yummy food smell a little. Smell is huge trigger for me.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:17 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Minty sugarless gum, or mints like Tic Tacs, buy bulk and keep them in your desk for such occasions. Mint always makes me feel like I've brushed my teeth and now I shouldn't eat anything else. The mint sometimes also masks the yummy food smell a little. Smell is huge trigger for me.
That's a great idea!
Old 01-06-2011, 12:25 AM
FitDay Member

great ideas for the smoothies ladies! and i think i may stick a pudding in the freezer tonight- see how it tastes tomorrow!!

i'm pretty dissapointed in myself currently- i attend a wednesday meeting from 12:30-3..everytime there is a pretty good assortment of treats. Normally i can walk away from food..but this is different. I HAVE to be at these meetings for work and the sweets are literally at my fingertips- i caved and ate 300 empty calories... Every week i tell myself- next week i am not eating any of it..but it never works.. HELPPP!
Ah, the work place... They always bombard you with horrible snacks and treats. That is such a temptation for me also. They always have cookies or chocolate sitting out... Darn them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.