Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Would you offer feedback on my fitness log? Would you offer feedback on my fitness lo >

Would you offer feedback on my fitness log? Would you offer feedback on my fitness lo

Community
Notices

Would you offer feedback on my fitness log? Would you offer feedback on my fitness lo

Old 04-16-2018, 08:07 PM
FitDay Member

Default Would you offer feedback on my fitness log? Would you offer feedback on my fitness lo

I am wondering if you guys can offer any pointers on what I'm doing wrong. I don't feel I eat too much, but I'm way over my calorie goals of 1500-1700 calories.

I just wanted to mention that the soy nuts are actually soy nut butter (this is a trigger food that I tend to overeat and it's very fattening! I had it as a midnight snack because I was still feeling starved) and the chicken breast (10 oz.) was split into two different meals.

I guess I'm wondering what the "low hanging fruit" in my diet is that I could easily cut out.
Old 04-17-2018, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator

The soy nut butter is going to take up a big space in that food allowance if it's all you say. Maybe find a substitute 'treat' that is much less caloric. Then compare your daily calorie counts before and after you make that switch.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:42 PM
FitDay Member

hello
Old 04-18-2018, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

LOOKING BETTER is really about making small and very strategic changes. Moderately paced fat loss combined with strategically toning or building muscle in exactly the RIGHT places results in a vastly more attractive body than simply losing a lot of “weight” very quickly.

First of all, muscle is what gives your body it’s shape. It’s been scientifically proven that the attractiveness of the human physique is determined by the ratio of one body part to another — and those ratios are universally consistent across cultures and across generations.

By adding tone (firmness) or size to muscles in just the right places while whittling fat off your body at a healthy rate, you’ll look sexier, more confident and more powerful in a much shorter period of time.

The other thing to keep in mind is that weight loss on the bathroom scale does not always equal fat loss. Water and muscle glycogen (muscle fuel) also constitute part of that weight loss. And extremely rapid weight loss can mean that a lot of muscle mass is being flushed down the tubes along with the fat.

As you already know, losing muscle, especially from key areas like the shoulders and butt, actually makes you look worse even though you’re lighter than you used to be!

Hope it helps!
Old 05-03-2018, 05:33 PM
FitDay Member

It is interesting to read your fitness blog.