Notices

10 easy steps for weight loss newbies

Old 12-12-2010, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

For the most part I agree with your list, although I feel it's missing the one step that has been the most essential in my successful weight loss journey, and that is a daily dose of exercise.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Good tips, but I agree with Almeeker. Without exercise, my weight loss comes to a screaching halt no matter what else I'm doing.

Thanks everyone for sharing. I love to read what everyone else is doing and seeing all of your successes is so inspiring to me. :-)
Old 01-04-2011, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

One rule my naturopath gave me was to eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up. It does not have to be a large breakfast as long as I break my fast.

Some of his rules, I cannot carry out though.

He does not like dairy products at all and in fact prefers soy substitutes. I personally do not think soy belongs in a household with men, children, or my daughter.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rainbow24
One rule my naturopath gave me was to eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up. It does not have to be a large breakfast as long as I break my fast.

Some of his rules, I cannot carry out though.

He does not like dairy products at all and in fact prefers soy substitutes. I personally do not think soy belongs in a household with men, children, or my daughter.
I can't eat until I have been up for a couple of hours. I usually eat right before I go to bed.

And I couldn't live without the soy products I eat everyday. Edamame are my favorite!
Old 01-08-2011, 05:20 AM
FitDay Member

I would add to the list to watch your liquid calories. Even "good" liquids, such as milk and OJ can pack the pounds on if you aren't careful. Really keeping a close eye o. those things have helped me a lot.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by claymorgan101
I would add to the list to watch your liquid calories. Even "good" liquids, such as milk and OJ can pack the pounds on if you aren't careful. Really keeping a close eye o. those things have helped me a lot.
I have never looked at milk as a "liquid." I like to add about a tablespoon of OJ to my water and call it OJ.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tig0big0

If you feel bad throwing food away, donate those canned/processed foods to your local pantry for the needy- you'll be feeding the hungry and improving your health.It's holiday season we should all be willing to give.
I do not agree with this...if it's bad for us, why should we shove this garbage on people who are needy?
Old 01-13-2011, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

I have never looked at milk as a "liquid." I like to add about a tablespoon of OJ to my water and call it OJ.
Yeah, I wouldn't suggest drinking less milk unless you are lactose intollerant...if you switch to skim, there is barely any fat and it's FULL of protein, Vitamin D and calcium!

Orange juice on the other hand is full of calories so either limit your intake or substitute for something with less calories nad the same nutrients...you can get the same benefits of OJ by eating green pepper....1 medium sized green pepper gives you 100% vitamin C for the day!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah ya gotta watch soy! Fine for someone like me who is premenopausal and needs a hormone boost! But it's a big no-no for kids! Little girls have been known to begin puberty as early as 3 just from drinking soy milk instead of cow's milk...find other sources of calcium if you don't prefer dairy! Take Vitamin D supplements!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:28 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by jdotro
I do not agree with this...if it's bad for us, why should we shove this garbage on people who are needy?
I've thought about that, we shouldn't give people "garbage" to eat. But if you were a hungry person would you rather someone throw the "food" out instead of give it to you. Empathy comes into play when making this decision.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.