Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 04:31 PM
FitDay Member

Location: Born in Deutschland Now I reside in the East Coast of the USA
Thumbs up 105+

Hiya! 19 years old, but that doesn't mean my struggles are harder, easier, different, or less important!

found out my heaviest weight ever on february 27th 260lbs. Couldnt believe it. I guess Im slightly lucky that I carry my weight a bit better. I knew if I wanted to so badly live the longest life possible with avoidable illness, and giving myself the opportunity to feel good about myself, and having no fear of looking in a mirror, and looking good to myself, and my lovely fiancee. I want to be able to enjoy my body while its young, and give myself the opportunity to be healthy and age well, using my body to its fullest! 3 weeks after my first weigh in at 260. I found out that I lost 13lbs! 247. In my signature, you will see my goal weight, but lately I think I might make it between 130-145. It will be a long, difficult, journey. But in the long run it will be the most beneficial thing I've ever done. It will make everything less stressful, more enjoyable, and a bit easier to handle.

Diet= 1200 cals
Work out Plan- Working out 6 days a week. 3 days all dualbiking and 3 days biking/weight lifting(gotta make sure my body is thin, and toned!)

My third weigh in is this upcoming Monday. I plan on weighing in every 3 weeks, because I don't want to get discouraged. Its a fact that the body loses weight at a different amount each week no matter how hard, or how little you work.

I'm so excited and grateful to share my journey with you all, and to share in our stories. Especially seeing as though the only people who know about my journey are myself, my nutritionist, and all you lovely dreamers and doers.

Good luck to everyone! Our day will come!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:17 AM
FitDay Member

had my saturday weigh in today and manged to lose another 3lb meaning ive finaly dipped under the 200lb mark now weighing 198lb so thats 80lb gone and 20lb left to go
Old 03-31-2012, 05:09 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by acky81
had my saturday weigh in today and manged to lose another 3lb meaning ive finaly dipped under the 200lb mark now weighing 198lb so thats 80lb gone and 20lb left to go
Awesome! Welcome to the "Ones"--it's a great place to be.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-31-2012, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Smile hello?

Hi- I am not very techie, and am just learning forums. Hope I am posting correctly. I am hovering at about 300 lbs, started insulin in December 2011, and have brought my blood sugars under control but haven't lost any weight. I get zero support from the family and am learning, sadly, that this is a journey I have to take alone, no one can do it for me. I am looking to develop cyber buddies to walk this journey along side me.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 PM
FitDay Member

You posted correctly. I currently weigh 280 pounds and have little support from my family as well. I will be your buddy in this journey if you would like.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:21 PM
FitDay Premium Member

while you will have a lot of support here...i found that by taking change in my own hands and not counting others to work out, or eat right, i found myself in more control of my destiny, and sometimes i eat before going eat with friends, and sit and shoot the bull with them, while they eat fried foods and such, other friends, will go to places that have stuff for me to eat guilt free....i always try to have a small plan for the day, and sometimes a plan b, if needed to get me thru the day....i am 5 days from my year anniversary date, and as of 11 months i am down 182lbs...and that i did for the most part on my own...with the help of support from fitday, and a select few other sources.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Broke 200!!!!! Woo-hooo.... kind of surreal. I am visiting Atlanta where I lived for many years and people are seeing me for the first time and are not recognizing me... it feels great.

I think that while to succeed in this is a journey you must find the strength within yourself but you are NOT alone. Come on to this board and vent and post and let it out... many people will provide you that support, and boost that you might need. I haven't been on here lately as much as I used too. When I started this journey, I was posting a lot, and getting a lot of support from people on here. You are NOT alone.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:49 AM
FitDay Member

wow, saying amazing job seems hollow. extraordinary accomlishment. keep up the good work.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:27 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike
Broke 200!!!!! Woo-hooo.... kind of surreal. I am visiting Atlanta where I lived for many years and people are seeing me for the first time and are not recognizing me... it feels great.

I think that while to succeed in this is a journey you must find the strength within yourself but you are NOT alone. Come on to this board and vent and post and let it out... many people will provide you that support, and boost that you might need. I haven't been on here lately as much as I used too. When I started this journey, I was posting a lot, and getting a lot of support from people on here. You are NOT alone.
Mike, congrats and welcome to the "Ones"! I remember my excitement at reaching that milestone. Do you have a final goal in mind?

I've gotta say I've found the battle getting considerably more difficult these days now almost two years into it. I've been on average around 189 since November--down a bit, up a bit and so forth. I'm sure I could stay here fairly easily but would really like to knock off another twenty and stay there.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 04-04-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael (I am very impressed at how you have lost what you have lost and kept it off for so long now, keep it up!!!). Losing has definitely gotten harder. I am not really on a diet at this point (I try to keep my calorie range between 2200-2500 and I make healthy choices... I am constantly meal planning). I am going to just keep doing what I am doing and eventually I think my weight will level out (I'm guessing that will happen in the upper 170s, low 180s...so like 20 more, we'll see).

I'd really like to get to down 150 to celebrate the 1 year mark. I have 5 weeks so it should be doable. I am not going to be upset if it doesn't happen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.