The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 04:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by snafuken
Here I go again. Been away and realize I cannot succeed without a %100 commitment to this site and all it offers.
Family and friends think they are supportive ,but at the end of the day I realize it has to be me who is in control.I am so impressed with those of you who have documented your incredible successes .
I question my sanity because the answer is obvious ,yet here I am .....BACK TO WHERE I STARTED On Aug 22 ,2011.In fact I'm two lbs heavier.I have many other issues that seem to be sabotaging my plans,but I'm sure everyone has their own hurdles to deal with.
What have been your "Personal Revelations " that turned the tide towards
a workable and successful life style change for you ?
For me i made a commitment to fitday for one month....and also tried to re-evalutate the foods i like and tried to make them healthier so i do not feel like i am missing them..by drinking only water, skim milk, and coffee...by grilling, adding more vegetables, using non stick cooking spray, using turkey, chicken and seafood instead of red or fatty meats and using wheat or brown rice, bread or pasta and tried to move around more (not including exercises)
Old 01-05-2012, 08:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by snafuken
Here I go again. Been away and realize I cannot succeed without a %100 commitment to this site and all it offers.
Family and friends think they are supportive ,but at the end of the day I realize it has to be me who is in control.I am so impressed with those of you who have documented your incredible successes .
I question my sanity because the answer is obvious ,yet here I am .....BACK TO WHERE I STARTED On Aug 22 ,2011.In fact I'm two lbs heavier.I have many other issues that seem to be sabotaging my plans,but I'm sure everyone has their own hurdles to deal with.
What have been your "Personal Revelations " that turned the tide towards
a workable and successful life style change for you ?
Ken, welcome back! History has taught me that I cannot be trusted to eat "normally" if I don't track my food intake so I've made a permanent commitment to logging everything--a small price to pay, all things considered.

For me to succeed, my plan has to be convenient and easy to follow. Here's the guidelines that have worked for me (in no particular order):

Michael’s Weight Loss Plan
1) Zero tolerance for my “trigger foods” (candy, sweets, ice cream, bakery items and so forth).
2) 1500 “good” calories of “real food” a day (at least 1500 but less than 1600).
3) No soda at all, not even diet.
4) As little artificial sweeteners as possible.
5) Keep, on average, a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix.
6) No trans fats, reasonable amount of other fats.
7) Limit sodium as much as possible (not easy!)
8) At least 100 grams of protein per day.
9) Limit simple carbs (white bread, white potatoes, sugar).
10) Some sort of exercise every day, even a short walk.
11) Weigh in once a week or less often.
12) Log EVERYTHING eaten into FitDay, every day, no matter what.
13) Have one “day off” a month. Nothing off limits except “trigger foods” and get right back to normal the next day.
14) As little alcohol as possible, save it for the “day off”.
15) Drink as much water as possible (within reason).
16) Take whatever vitamins/supplements deemed necessary.
17) Don’t EVER give up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-08-2012, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

It has been 4 weeks since I started my lifestyle change. I jumped in with both feet. I cut out ALL soda. I only drink water, and LOTS of it, with the occasional coffee (black of course), juice or skim milk. I have found many "replacement foods" (lower calorie version of the same food) that I enjoy. Fortunately, I am having a pretty easy time sticking to the healthier foods. I am working out at the gym 2 to 3 days a week, and walking a lot more at work instead of staying in the office. After my workout today I stepped on the scale....down 41 lbs. in just 4 short weeks. I know I still have a way to go, but I am already feeling so much better. My knees and ankles don't hurt any more. I have taken my belt in 4 notches, and it's still looser than I normally wear it. Thank you all for the words of wisdom, whether directly to me or just in your posts that I have read. I look forward to my journey with all of you.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thats awesome results, after seeing your results after 4 weeks, it makes it so much easier to keep going....knowing that if you continue to follow your plan, you will continue to lose....at a certain point the weight loss will drop off....for me it started at month 8, but i am still losing about 12lbs a month, very reasonable in my opinion, now that i went from 440 to 286 in a period of 9 months, my motivation to get to 200-225lbs by August, 2012 is still there, i just keep following the basics that got me here in the first place. Keep on keeping on....
Old 01-10-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Today is my 8 month anniversary of making my lifestyle change (and my 34th birthday is Thursday)! Today I celebrate that I am down 118 lbs since I started this journey... In 8 months, I went from barely being able to tie my shoes with horrible back problems to now working out just about every day... I run 15 miles a week, workout with a trainer twice a week, and take yoga twice a week. I feel and have transformed into a completely different person. Thanks again for all your support...

I am gunning for the 100s... can't weight (pun intended).

MeMiller and Clay, you guys are killing it! Good Stuff! You should create signatures so we can see your progress as we read your posts... It always reminds me who people are... keep up the good work.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike
Today is my 8 month anniversary of making my lifestyle change (and my 34th birthday is Thursday)! Today I celebrate that I am down 118 lbs since I started this journey... In 8 months, I went from barely being able to tie my shoes with horrible back problems to now working out just about every day... I run 15 miles a week, workout with a trainer twice a week, and take yoga twice a week. I feel and have transformed into a completely different person. Thanks again for all your support...

I am gunning for the 100s... can't weight (pun intended).

MeMiller and Clay, you guys are killing it! Good Stuff! You should create signatures so we can see your progress as we read your posts... It always reminds me who people are... keep up the good work.
Mike, can't wait for you to join me in the "ones"--it's quite nice here! Clay, MeMiller, you guys'll be here soon enough as well--keep it up, Big Losers!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-11-2012, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

I havent posted for a few days,but want everyone to know Im checking the site and logging everything as honestly as possible. Ive been doing very well,forcing myself to walk some days and simply enjoying activity other days which involves walking and standing that before losing some weight I couldnt have done. Im very encouraged by how Ive been doing since Christmas. Ive been encouraged by reading the board and friends doing what they can to support me. Truely I believe Ive turned the corner and there will be no going back. If I can do what Ive done in the past several years with 200+ extra pounds to carry,I dont think anyone will be able to stop me when I get where I am going! I look forward to the journey together.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

What a great thread! I'm glad I found you. Thank you! I broke my ankle Labor day weekend and have been non-weight bearing and sedentary for three months. I broke all three bones in my ankle (not recommended) Three months later I'm 25 pounds heavier and have no clothes to wear! I used to be able to run two to three miles. Now I can barely do 15 minutes on the treadmill. But I'm healing and I will go from 15 minutes a day to 20 minutes a day, to 30 minutes, you get the idea! Here's me:

Starting: 1/11/2012, 278 lbs (Most ever)
Current :
Lost:
Goal 1: 250 lbs 03/1/2012
Goal 2: 225 lbs 06/01/2012
Goal 3: 200 lbs 9/01/2012
Goal 4: 185 lbs 1/1/2013

Ultimate Goal 155 lbs 6/1/2013

I've lost the same weight a few times, but my approach this time is different. It's not about deprivation and loss. It's all about what I have to gain (not weight) but energy and health. My best friend is dying of leukemia at age 46. Between her illness and my broken ankle I've realized that I'm not invincible and if I want to live more than another few years, I better make some positive changes.
Denise
Old 01-11-2012, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Denise! Sometimes it takes a wake up call like that to encourage someone to get moving. Read a lot of posts and jump in anywhere. There is a lot of support to be gotten on this site!
Old 01-17-2012, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Small Victories

I take all the small victories I can get. Saturday evening I went to dinner with friends and my one and only, they wanted to seat us in a booth. For me that hasnt been an option for years,I simply didnt fit or was wedged in so tight I couldnt possibly enjoy myself. I resisted at first,but there was a large table of rowdys and the 4 of us wanted to be able to talk without screaming,so I said OK lets give it a shot. I expected to have to be reseated immediately upon trying,but to my surprise I fit. And comfortably!! Now I could never have done that 6months ago, not a chance! A small victory. Today I had to grocery shop and for some reason Im craving something. There are some things I just cant get as I dont have the willpower to not eat the entire bag/box or can. I resisted the Doritos, I resisted the $1 a carton chocolate milk(though of all I suppose that coulda been the best of a bad lot),I resisted the other potatoe chips and even rice cakes(I know a few aint bad but these have 12 so why tempt fate). In the end I got nothing that I might binge on, a small victory, I must feel good about. Fresh fruit of some sort will be my reward. The walk to and from the grocery store would have been in vain otherwise. What will tomorrows small victory be?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.