Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 02:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by clay7160
I'm back to a 1630 calorie deficit today and back on track. I have to work nights this whole weekend should be easy to stay on track for the 1st of the year since i met my 2011 goal 1 month early, 2012 should be a great year....now to see how much i can lose for my 20 year high school reunion. I am thinking by my current loses that i might be able to get down between 200-220lbs by August. Can't wait for the warmer weather to start back on my fixie and mountain bike.
Clay, that's great. I'm at camp and eating three times my usual amount.

I'll be right back on plan when we get home Friday and don't plan to weigh in for at least a week. My 30th reunion is this summer, looking forward to it. I'm at least 100 pounds lighter than I was in high school. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-01-2012, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello

Like so many others, I am doing the "New Year's Resolution" thing. But instead of making it my goal to lose a set amount of weight this year, I'm going to focus on changing my habits and setting a good example for my kids. Losing weight is the goal, but feeling better is the biggest goal.

I know you can all relate....I'm tired of hurting all the time. I'm tired of asking my kids to get me stuff because I'm too lazy to get up and do it. I'm tired of not being able to buy clothes without it being like an expedition to a foreign country. My kids can't ride bikes because I can't keep up with them.

I actually love exercise. Weird, right? I love to hike. I bet I will love it even more when I weigh less!

Right now, I'm at about 235. I'm only 5 feet tall. My first goal is to get under 200, and I will make it happen! BTW, I love this calorie tracking program. It's easy to use, and it shows me what I'm doing.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Everyone! I wanted to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Things are going great on my end, 2011 was the best year of my life and I think 2012 is going to follow suit. Thanks again for all your support during the last year.

This holiday season has been particularly rough on me but I am pretty happy to report that I haven't gained any weight. I have been working out and running like a machine which is keeping the weight in check. I also have not resorted to my old binging ways, so I am happy about that. Looking to get back onto my regular plan going forward.

Take care!

NYCMike
Old 01-02-2012, 07:29 PM
FitDay Member

Thought Id join in,having just joined FitDay on the first of January. A friend recommended the site to me.
My story:
I definetly do better when Im accountable,even if its to folks I only know through the internet. My issues are simple,I love to eat and I prove physics,A body at rest tends to stay at rest! Ive seen an endocronologist and my issue is not glandular. I generally have little trouble losing weight,my problem is keeping it off. Ive yo-yo dieted for more than 30 years. In setting my goal weight here,once again I see some ridiculously low weight is supposedly right for a guy my size. Im 6ft2 for me a good weight is around 220-230pounds. At that I could run 3miles in 18minutes and was strong as a bull...I was also only 18-19 years old then and its the last time I was a reasonable weight.
The highest weight Ive ever been is 550 pounds. To weigh in for that I had to go into the bowels of the hospital into a storage room and use a counter weight scale. Since dropping below 500,there is a digital scale I can be weighed on. I see the dietician there regularily. I am NOT on a set diet.
This time I just couldnt take the pain and all the health issues I was facing. I went back to a Dr at the same clinic Id always gone to. He handed me a 1200 calorie diet and said come back in a month. Yaaa ummm no,been there done that. Lost 90pounds in 3 months last time I did that and then as its nowhere near sustainable I gained back double when I stopped and tried to eat like a human. I switched Drs and he is much better. He set me up with a dietician and I do appointments with her monthly.
This go round I started at 470 pounds,significantly down already from my highest weight,80 pounds to be exact. I had poor circulation so my legs were ridiculously swollen. The calf was almost 30inches around! My legs wept and became infected a couple of times a year. That is crazy painful!! I even had the poor cousin of flesh eating disease. I had fluid on my lungs and couldnt walk much more than 10ft without being winded. Add to all that I had a stepMom who had MS and father whose back had deteriorated so much he could nolonger help her,so I was looking after both of them,lifting their body weights to do some things,as well as meals and other such things. Sometimes I could barely care for myself let alone them. My step-Mom passed last March, and Dad just got worse from there. I couldnt take it anymore and moved out in May. He passed in June.
As at June 1 I was back to 470pounds and in horrific shape physically again,much as I had been a year earlier.(Id gone down to 409 pounds before stopping). June 1 I moved in with a very special friend and really committed to weight loss with her help. Tracy has meant the world to me and is awesome support,something till then Id never had with me fulltime. In late December just before Christmas, I visited the dietician for another weigh-in. I was down to 396 since June! I havent been below 400 pounds in so many years I really dont know when it was,but at least 15. Gone are the swollen,weeping legs,the Dr tells me Ive pulled myself back from the brink of diabetes,he has taken me off blood pressure pills as my BP is 140/80 now without meds. All other levels commonly measured are in good,safe, healthy ranges. So that is where Im at.
My method of losing weight is eat less do more. Sounds simple...has been so far. Tracy insists I cant lose the weight for her, and while she does police me and help me,she leaves the ultimate choices up to me saying that eventually I have to do this on my own. Im doing very well,and I am trying to make what I do every day now my new normal,so that what I have to force myself to do now,I will eventually do without thinking. I eat less and abit differently,but dont deprieve myself of anything. Tracking things here should help me make some different choices. I walk every day 30-40minutes and feel good at the end lately so am going to up that to 60min 3 or 4 days of the week depending on how Im feeling,but will maintain 7 day a week walking. I use weights for about 15min a day right now and will build that up as Im able(low weights many times). I am going to try snow-shoeing soon for the first time,which Im told is a great workout. Easy does it at first. Despite being big Im able to do more than people think. Ive recently did a 3mile walk and only last night,shovelled(push mostly) an 8 car parkinglot and driveway here at home which took about 90minutes,going at an easy pace. I dont overdo that,I know the dangers. I am a birdwatching fool and volunteer with The Canadian Peregrine Foundation doing everything from rescues,to public education(Ottawa Sportsmans Show in late Feb,Toronto Sportsmans Show in March),to helping at our Raptor Centre. I run a migrating bird of prey count in Toronto every fall for 3 months. I get out to birdwatch as often as possible,so I walk alot then. I enjoy photography too and have 3 cats to help Tracy with,so Im not lacking for things to do! I am on my computer alot to pass the time right now in the winter. Generally I dont eat while at it as Im a slop! LOL Well thats me. I'll be around every day!
Weights:
Highest ever ................................550lbs size 68 pant
Start Weight in June 2011...............470lbs size ?? had no jeans that fit,lived in trackpants
Dec 23rd lowest weight in 15 years...396lbs size 56 pant
Mini-goal by end of Feb...................375
Final Goal no set date......................220-230lbs
Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Frank, welcome to the thread. It's great being under 400--I was thrilled when I made it and it's amazing how much better you feel.

I can't wait to see you get to the threes and twos, it only gets better.

Eat less and move more, it worked for me and I'm glad you've embraced the simple concept--why so many people have to make this complicated is hard to understand (note, I said simple, not "easy" ).

Anyway, I sure hope you stick around so we can all enjoy your success--keep us posted.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2012, 02:36 AM
FitDay Member

I have started off 2012 trying some new things. I started a video diary wearing a sports bra and shorts, so it is all hanging out there. Also, I had a friend take 3 pictures (front, back, side) wearing the same thing and I will do this on the first of every month. These two actions alone were scary. My last new action is food journaling. I have not been successful doing this in the past, but a friend showed me an app for my phone that scans the bar code on the food and lists all the nutritional content. I am excited, I can do that, it is so easy.

I lost 28 pounds last year and have kept those off for the last 6 months, so I know I can do more. My eating habits definitely changed for the better last year and I got into a routine of going to the gym.

I wish everyone a Happy and Healthy New Year!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Measurement Surprises

I decided to do a few measurements,aside from my waistline,and was pleasantly surprised.
Back when I worked at a bank,my dress shirts had 22inch neck.
Checking yesterday mine is 18.
I can recall teasing the ladies saying I could shame them all with my 72inch chest measurement and upon yesterdays measurement I am 55...still larger then all of them luckily for their backs! LOL
My calf which I measured when it was all swollen from such poor circulation was 30inches back before I dropped from 550pounds to my current 396. It is now 23inches.
All are very encouraging and I will keep track from time to time as to progress on all fronts.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Great job Frank!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy This is difficult ...Starting over

Here I go again. Been away and realize I cannot succeed without a %100 commitment to this site and all it offers.
Family and friends think they are supportive ,but at the end of the day I realize it has to be me who is in control.I am so impressed with those of you who have documented your incredible successes .
I question my sanity because the answer is obvious ,yet here I am .....BACK TO WHERE I STARTED On Aug 22 ,2011.In fact I'm two lbs heavier.I have many other issues that seem to be sabotaging my plans,but I'm sure everyone has their own hurdles to deal with.
What have been your "Personal Revelations " that turned the tide towards
a workable and successful life style change for you ?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:43 PM
FitDay Premium Member

04/08/2011 440lbs Starting weight, 5'10", 37 years old

05/08/2011 420lbs -20lbs

06/08/2011 396lbs -24lbs

07/08/2011 376lbs -20lbs

08/09/2011 358lbs -18lbs

09/09/2011 340lbs -18lbs

10/07/2011 324lbs -16lbs

11/10/2011 307lbs -17lbs

12/01/2011 299lbs -8lbs

01/01/2012 286lbs -13lbs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.