The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you on improving your appearance too Michael! I know that feels better as I have been doing the same thing. Well just today I am wearing a new skirt that is longer than I would have ever worn before. Before I had only one and that was the only one that I liked the way it fit. So I wore it sparingly. Today makes the second skirt day this week though.
Old 11-03-2011, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Been on this journey for a little over a month now. Kinda in a rut right now, because I dont see anymore weight loss. Not eating any where near the calories that i was eating before, plus I either go to the gym and workout or get a morning run in (1.5-2 miles) almost every day! Not thinking about giving up, just a little frustrated right now.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Couple weeks on Atkins and the scale is stuck around 240 lbs, but my clothes fit much better. I wore a pair of Tommy Hilfiger kakhis today that I haven't worn in months. I'm so happy cause they're my favorite pants, and they were expensive. A lot of my clothes are worn out because I hate to shop when there is nothing cute in my size. I'm looking forward to showing off my awesome fashion sense as I lose.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by marsh714
Been on this journey for a little over a month now. Kinda in a rut right now, because I dont see anymore weight loss. Not eating any where near the calories that i was eating before, plus I either go to the gym and workout or get a morning run in (1.5-2 miles) almost every day! Not thinking about giving up, just a little frustrated right now.
i was in the same place the first month....i don't weigh but once a month, but when the month got there and i saw the weight loss, it motivated me, and now i am coming up on my 7th month....what helped me the most the 1st month, was that i started feeling better, more energy, stamina, better breathing, and my clothes started fitting better, and in 6months, i went from 440lbs to 324lbs, 6x shirts to 3x, 60inch waists to 52inch, a coat i couldn't button, now looks like a tent on me.....my advise is stay on track, weight loss is slow, but if you choose to eat better and exercise, it will come, then people that you never thought, will start to notice and ask you about it...

clay
Old 11-05-2011, 11:31 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by clay7160
i was in the same place the first month....i don't weigh but once a month, but when the month got there and i saw the weight loss, it motivated me, and now i am coming up on my 7th month....what helped me the most the 1st month, was that i started feeling better, more energy, stamina, better breathing, and my clothes started fitting better, and in 6months, i went from 440lbs to 324lbs, 6x shirts to 3x, 60inch waists to 52inch, a coat i couldn't button, now looks like a tent on me.....my advise is stay on track, weight loss is slow, but if you choose to eat better and exercise, it will come, then people that you never thought, will start to notice and ask you about it...

clay
Darned good advice! NOTHING motivates like success--if you stick to the plan for a month and see a nice loss it sort of gets the momentum going.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-10-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Today is a very exciting day... I started this journey exactly 6 month ago and I am down 97 lbs. I am one that usually focused on the negative things in my life and my appearance and my weight, but I am really trying to take some time to reflect on all the positive changes I have made in the last 6 months. I think that I am going to take some time to go back and read some of my earliest posts to remind myself of how hard the journey has been.

It is sad that this message topic has slowed down considerably but I sincerely appreciate all the support I have received from so many of you during the last 6 months. The words "thank you" doesn't do it justice.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike
Today is a very exciting day... I started this journey exactly 6 month ago and I am down 97 lbs. I am one that usually focused on the negative things in my life and my appearance and my weight, but I am really trying to take some time to reflect on all the positive changes I have made in the last 6 months. I think that I am going to take some time to go back and read some of my earliest posts to remind myself of how hard the journey has been.

It is sad that this message topic has slowed down considerably but I sincerely appreciate all the support I have received from so many of you during the last 6 months. The words "thank you" doesn't do it justice.
Wow, NYCMike!! Way to go! That is a great achievement!

I have just recently gotten under the 100lbs to healthy mark on my BMI chart. You definitely have to look at your successes. Take some time to relish the victory and push forward to your next goal. Instead of going out for dinner to celebrate, buy yourself something that you have wanted for a while the same dollar value as a nice meal. That is what I have been doing.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Yes, a big congratulations to you! I know I don't post here as much as I used to. Heck, back in the day I wanted to start a 200 lbs or more to lose thread! Still, though, I understand what it's like to be way overweight and I don't intend to forget (however much I might want to) where I was not all that long ago.

So keep it up, make what you're doing an ingrained lifestyle change, don't stress, don't be "perfect" and keep it up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-10-2011, 09:21 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by clay7160

clay
Thanks for the motivation! I am feeling a lot better and I have gotten a compliment or two, which is nice but not the reason why Im getting fit! Just may be my time not to see any weight loss. I can tell you that I am getting a lot stronger, and am more motivated to continue going to the gym. By the way I never posted my weight which is 325, 50 inch waist, 5x shirts. I am eating better than I was two months ago and I do exercise 5 out of the 7 days of the week. Guys like Clay and Mike keeps me inspired to lose at least 100 pounds...The journey is what is exciting to me!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by marsh714
Thanks for the motivation! I am feeling a lot better and I have gotten a compliment or two, which is nice but not the reason why Im getting fit! Just may be my time not to see any weight loss. I can tell you that I am getting a lot stronger, and am more motivated to continue going to the gym. By the way I never posted my weight which is 325, 50 inch waist, 5x shirts. I am eating better than I was two months ago and I do exercise 5 out of the 7 days of the week. Guys like Clay and Mike keeps me inspired to lose at least 100 pounds...The journey is what is exciting to me!
Keep on keepin' on! At that weight and sticking to 1500 cals you should easily be dumping 3lbs a week. It's all a matter of perspective, I was feeling downright svelt at 325 (which, coincidentally, was just about this time last year (319 on 11/10/10)). Keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.