Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 01:16 AM
FitDay Member

Way to go Beaner and Virus! Those are amazing accomplishments! I am currently going through a "stuck" period. Haven't lost any for about 4 weeks now. It is so frustrating! I am trying to boost my protein up this week to see if that helps.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hang in there zahut. I know what it's like, I know that frustration. Just keep at it, and don't beat yourself up for falling off the horse. Just get right back on, as they say. Good luck!
Old 08-22-2011, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Well, I guess I meet the criteria to officialy join this thread. &
Not happy to admit that I have a 100 lbs to loose, but at least there a bunch of good folks here with support,advise,compassion and stories to share.
I've been here before and left. I'm back to stick it out to the end this time.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:13 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by snafuken
Well, I guess I meet the criteria to officialy join this thread. &
Not happy to admit that I have a 100 lbs to loose, but at least there a bunch of good folks here with support,advise,compassion and stories to share.
I've been here before and left. I'm back to stick it out to the end this time.
Ken, don't despair! Look at my case and see how much worse it could be (starring down the muzzle of close to 300 lbs. to lose). You've wisely come back to FitDay with renewed commitment and I know you can do this.

Just make sure you come up with an eating plan you can live with--one that keeps you reasonably satisfied yet gives you enough of a calorie deficit that the rate of loss keeps you motivated.

If there's anything we can do to help, just ask!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-23-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Ken, don't despair! Look at my case and see how much worse it could be (starring down the muzzle of close to 300 lbs. to lose). You've wisely come back to FitDay with renewed commitment and I know you can do this.

Just make sure you come up with an eating plan you can live with--one that keeps you reasonably satisfied yet gives you enough of a calorie deficit that the rate of loss keeps you motivated.

If there's anything we can do to help, just ask!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael,
Firstly congradulations on your own wonderful success and comitment.
An insperation indeed!
I'm one of those people who know what to do.It's just DOING IT!! I know the site is great for the lifestyle tracking but I need to use the forum more for the support the good people provide.
I'm single and although their intentions are good I beleive family and friends just can't appreciate the overwhelming emotions and demands that true comitment entails.
Love the Yoda quote.It says it all doesn't it
Old 08-29-2011, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Greetings,
Well got my first week under my belt (Sort of speak ).I'm delighted to report a 6 pound loss.I see a lot of folks show a fast initial drop,so I realize this pace won't continue forever.
I have been weighing myself every morning,and wonder if that is best ,or would it be better to jump on the scale Once Per Week? It would be interesting
to hear people's opinion on this.
All the best to everone!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 02:26 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations Ken on the great start. You are right you likely won't be able to keep up 6 pounds per week for long, but it is possible to maintain a good pace going for a long time. I have been averaging 3 pounds per week since February and Michael has been kicking a$$ for well over a year.

Most people on the forums recommend only weighing yourself once a week or less, I think the idea is that way you don't get discouraged by the daily fluctuations that happen. I personally weigh myself every day but only record it weekly.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I agree that once a week "for the record" is a good idea. I know some folks like to weigh daily once they are maintaining a weight. I find myself weighing more often now that my calorie average has been higher for a while.

If you KNOW you are keeping a good daily calorie deficit, then I don't see any problem with weighing more infrequently. If you're keeping a smaller one (or upon occasion a small surplus) then you might want to keep closer track.

In any event, keep up the good work!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DancinBear2
Congratulations Ken on the great start. You are right you likely won't be able to keep up 6 pounds per week for long, but it is possible to maintain a good pace going for a long time. I have been averaging 3 pounds per week since February and Michael has been kicking a$$ for well over a year.

Most people on the forums recommend only weighing yourself once a week or less, I think the idea is that way you don't get discouraged by the daily fluctuations that happen. I personally weigh myself every day but only record it weekly.
Thanks
Both your track records are truly inspirational !!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default A helpful book

Hi everyone, I just wanted to share a good book that I read. It was very helpful to me.

Journey inside the mind of a fat chic .. I read it on the kindle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.