Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 06:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Originally Posted by Misery16226
Good job both of you for having such dramatic results. All of my clothes fit pretty much the same still lol.
Well, remember, I'm over a year on this journey now--it didn't happen overnight. You'll have to update your wardrobe soon enough!

Regards,
Michael
Yep. I didn't start noticing any real difference until I'd lost around 30 pounds, if I remember correctly. It's soooo gradual, and we're all different anyway so there's no standard rate or anything. You just have to get in a groove and not think about it for a while. Then, before you know it, it starts happening. And it has to be the greatest feeling in the world to fit into that old pair of pants. It really is euphoric.

Almost a year ago exactly, I bought a pair of dickies pants, that I was sure would fit (42 waist), and when I got them home they were too small. I couldn't even get them past my hips. Talk about depressed... I was going to return them, but just never got around to it. And I'm glad I didn't, because as of now, not only do I wear them fairly regularly, they're becoming TOO BIG!!! I love it!

Long story short, just hang in there, and your clothes will start growing soon enough.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Well... I fell off the wagon for a wee bit there. I'm back again, but going to wait til monday to weigh in... trying to recover a bit before I face the scales. lol

Last edited by dreamergirl27; 05-18-2011 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Well... I fell off the wagon for a wee bit there. I'm back again, but going to wait til monday to weigh in... trying to recover a bit before I face the scales. lol
Welcome back aboard--need a hand up?

And I hear ya' about taking a little "grace period" before getting back on the scales--personally, I hate to see a gain, even if I know it's only temporary.

Keep us posted as to how you're doing!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-19-2011, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

My weight loss has seemed slower lately. Oh well, I finally hit 308 today, which makes 50 pounds lost to date!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
My weight loss has seemed slower lately. Oh well, I finally hit 308 today, which makes 50 pounds lost to date!!!
Hoooray!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 08:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
308 is great--I bet you'll be in the "twos" in a couple of weeks! And, I wouldn't be suprised to see a big-loss week in your future--that's what tends to happen to me; slow for a few weeks, then a big drop--who knows why? In any case, "slow and steady" will get us to our goals.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-21-2011, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all!

I have to thank you all for the encouraging posts I have read in the past, they have made me "gird my loins" to get moving on my weight loss and I can actually say I have lost 1/4 (25lbs) of the weight I want to lose. NO make that I am going to lose!!!
Old 05-21-2011, 05:02 PM
FitDay Member

Default 110 pounds to lose

Hello all - i am new here, this is my first post.

I started on FitDay in 2006, briefly, and then forgot about it. I was about 210-214 pounds then, and i thought that was bad!

Now here it is, May 2011 and I logged back into FitDay after 5 years - now at 260 pounds.

My goal is to lose 110 pounds.
Today i shopped for very healthy food at the store. That is my first step. Not sure where to go from here!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

It's good to know I'm not the only one with a long road ahead. I'm glad to hear of all of your success! I am currently 250lbs. I plan on getting married May 5, 2012 and I want to look my best. I'm afraid to set a weight loss goal, because I have a tendency to set my goals way to high. I just want to be healthier and feel/look great on my big day.

Eventually though I would like to be 140lbs, but I don't like a year is enough time to achieve a goal that large.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Today was the first weigh in after the 2 month hiatus.... I was down 1 lb!!!! Happy Dance!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.