Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Just to post a quick update on my own progress, I've lost another pound this morning. That puts me at 311, and a total loss of 47 pounds. This is the most weight I've ever lost in my life.

I lost a good 40 pounds back in high school, but I'm actually still heavier NOW, even after 47 pounds, than I was when I started back then, which was 280. That's pretty depressing.
I've just got to take it one pound at a time. I'll get there.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael and VirusInside, I'm glad to be back!
You are both doing great still !!!! Congrats on losing so much weight over the last month!!!
Old 05-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Thanks Michael and VirusInside, I'm glad to be back!
You are both doing great still !!!! Congrats on losing so much weight over the last month!!!
hey I posted a few days ago looking for you!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Just to post a quick update on my own progress, I've lost another pound this morning. That puts me at 311, and a total loss of 47 pounds. This is the most weight I've ever lost in my life.

I lost a good 40 pounds back in high school, but I'm actually still heavier NOW, even after 47 pounds, than I was when I started back then, which was 280. That's pretty depressing.
I've just got to take it one pound at a time. I'll get there.
You're doing great--I truly think that a more or less gradual loss is the way to go, rather than super-low caling it and starving yourself (as I've done in the past). Keep it up and we'll be celebrating your moving down to the next "Century" in a few weeks!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-09-2011, 10:20 AM
FitDay Member

Awe thanks mike!, You'll be seeign a lot of me again
Old 05-10-2011, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Skiboy1
Pissed off. Did 6 hours of swimming, 1.5 hours with my trainer, 3 hours of water aerobics and ate an average of 1500 calories last week and lost zero pounds!

Boy, I wan to hit it harder next week but my trainer said I should eat the 1500 and back off the exercise next week. That seems wrong. Comments?
Spent the last 4 days eating around 1500 - 2000 calories and doing light garden work with no extra exercise. Lost 2 pounds in 4 days. Who would have guessed?
Old 05-10-2011, 09:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Skiboy1
Spent the last 4 days eating around 1500 - 2000 calories and doing light garden work with no extra exercise. Lost 2 pounds in 4 days. Who would have guessed?
Yup, sometimes there's just no rhyme or reason to it. That's why it is the weekly/monthly average that I think is most important. My weight swings up and down but the trend is always down so I don't worry about it (and continue to try to only weigh once a week at most).

Congrats on the two pounds, BTW!

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-10-2011, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello my fitday friends

Misery - glad to see you are back.
Mike - as always you are encouraging and the voice of reason
Congrats to those staying the course regardsless of the day to day results.
Welcome to the 'newbies' or the 'restarts', this is a great place. Be kind to yourself, make a plan, work the plan and key your focus on the downward trend. There is lots of help and encouragement here.

TTYL or sooner
Old 05-10-2011, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Bubbs, and everyone again for your support and welcoming me back.

Today I did really well with my diet, I also realized that counting my calories is something I should do at the very end of my day. I counted just now at 9pm and I've eatten under 1000 cal today and I'm not hungry at all. For some reason when I keep constant track I usually struggle to stay under my 1300 limit. So I'm going to keep doing it at the end of my day and see if it works for me. Over the last month i've eatten mostly low carb and 100% unprocessed foods, also no added sugar and barely any grain products. I think thats how I managed not to gain weight while I wasn't exercising (not even a little bit of walking) . Still kind of physically lazy from being depressed, so I still haven't been working out. It just keeps slipping to the bottom of my priorities even though it should be at the top. Will exercise tomorrow for sure to get myself back into the routine. I expect to have a pretty good loss when I first start exercising again. Anyways just wanted to post about today, and will post almost everyday again to keep myself focused. Maybe will help other people to.

Last edited by Misery16226; 05-12-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: missed a day of chatting here lol
Old 05-10-2011, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default GO Girl

Good for you Misery.

As we live and change we need to continually assess what works for us. I find once I get a pattern, it suddenly doesn't work anymore as our bodies adapt (just like weight training) we need to adjust regularly.

With regards to logging your food at the end of the day. Give it a try, but be careful. I found that I when I logged at the end of the day that I would some times underestimate and would be less than 1000 cal for the day and trying to make healthy choices to keep it in the 1000-1300 range late at night (not a good habit for me).

With regards to the exercise, take it one day at a time. You did great before. You took a holiday and now you are BACK!

Good luck...keep the course.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.