Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! I am just checking in. I haven't posted in a couple days and wanted to get back on it. I bought my train ticket today, so as of right now I am all packed and set to move on Saturday. I am terrified! But I am also excited and eager to get started already. I have been on my own since I was 17, but this is huge for me. I never just ran away to a new town to start over. I hope and pray that everything will work out for me.

I have not kept up on my calorie charts this week and I am a litlle disappointed in myself for that. I keep telling myself to get back up there but then I just cover it up with saying im depressed. I had some Ice cream with my nephew today and thankfully he ate most of it so I only got a few bites. It was enough of a fix for me.

Well anyway as you can probably tell from my ramble I am exhausted. I have been awake for 40 hours! Thats right I haven't slept in a WHOLE work week! Goodnight everyone!

Karen
Old 04-06-2011, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kaylyn1983
Just started on Monday.

Starting weight 4/4/11 264lbs
Goal weight 12/31/11 200lbs

Bring it on!

Unfortunately, I don't have ANY time to exercise because I am in grad school full time and work more than the typical 40 hour work week, but I do what I can by taking the stairs and parking at the back of parking lots. Right now, I am mostly focusing on my food choices

~Kaylyn
Hi Kaylyn and welcome! Theres a ton of support here and we will help you meet your goal! There are a lot of easy ways to squeeze a little workout into your day. You could take 15 minutes in the morning and do some jumping jacks? Or push ups. Its easier than a lot of people think. Good luck on your journey and post often. I enjoy reading about how everyone is doing. Its a little more of a kick in the pants for me.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Good afternoon everyone. I have been lurking in the background for a while now, and have decided to join in the chats. Congratulations to all the "losers" here, your stories are an inspiration to me as I also have 100+ lbs to lose. I especially like the " 10%Challenges" that are being done. I have joined the current one ending July 4th. Good luck all!!!
Old 04-07-2011, 11:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by kaylyn1983
Just started on Monday.

Starting weight 4/4/11 264lbs
Goal weight 12/31/11 200lbs

Bring it on!

Unfortunately, I don't have ANY time to exercise because I am in grad school full time and work more than the typical 40 hour work week, but I do what I can by taking the stairs and parking at the back of parking lots. Right now, I am mostly focusing on my food choices

~Kaylyn
Kaylyn, welcome! It sure sounds like you've got a full plate (no pun intended). The more exercise you can fit into your day, the better of course. Keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-07-2011, 12:00 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by peppy35
Good afternoon everyone. I have been lurking in the background for a while now, and have decided to join in the chats. Congratulations to all the "losers" here, your stories are an inspiration to me as I also have 100+ lbs to lose. I especially like the " 10%Challenges" that are being done. I have joined the current one ending July 4th. Good luck all!!!
Glad you've decided to join us in conversation--the more the merrier!

I know you'll do well in the challenge. Make sure to keep us posted as to how you're doing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-07-2011, 01:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default im on some medications that make me gain weight

maybe its not possible for me to lose weight because im on so many medications that make it harder to lose weight. im bipolar and take several hormonal mediations. i think im eating too many carbs...even if it is only 1,000 calories. i will try more protein. still hopeful
mary
Old 04-08-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

I went several days without losing a pound, then I finally broke 325 there the other day, and now I'm down another 2 pounds this morning! That brings me to 322 and a total loss of 36 pounds. I'm on a roll!
Old 04-08-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by symphony'smom
maybe its not possible for me to lose weight because im on so many medications that make it harder to lose weight. im bipolar and take several hormonal mediations. i think im eating too many carbs...even if it is only 1,000 calories. i will try more protein. still hopeful
mary
Hi Mary. I know some drugs can make it tougher for the body to burn fat, but if you consistently burn more calories than you take in, you can't help but lose weight (the body is, after all, decidedly not a perpetual motion machine). I think the important thing is to just keep at it and results will happen.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-08-2011, 06:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
I went several days without losing a pound, then I finally broke 325 there the other day, and now I'm down another 2 pounds this morning! That brings me to 322 and a total loss of 36 pounds. I'm on a roll!
That's great!

I've kinda had a slow week myself--wavering around the 258-260 mark. It could be partially the result of my "day off" last Saturday when I drank some beer.

I'm hoping to have a good weigh-in tomorrow--have done my almost two mile loop every day this week, even jogged a bit today.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-08-2011, 10:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Plateau's and break throughs.

Originally Posted by VirusInside
That's great Virus... I am encouraged by your progress.

10 days and still no downward movement on the scale to me. I have been doing elliptical (actually increased duration) 4X week and walking 30-45 min on alternate days, not too mention yard work as the spring is here. My calorie intake is between 1000-1200 daily, creating a deficit of 1400-1200 daily. I have not changed my diet, other than adding All Bran to my Yogurt and herbal tea at night. Eating less beef and more chicken....

Oh well....I know this is just the pay back, but man, if it slows down like this now, what will happen when I actually get within 50 lbs of my goal weight. Such impatience

Os the good news is, I have not waivered from my routine and I am proud to say that I have not indulged in emotional eating. Yeah for me and small victories.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.