The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

Cool I don't run...

It seems everytime I have tried, I end up with some kind of strain or injury....being overweight isn't gentle on the joints.

However, I have invested in a club level elliptical and my hubby has a stationary bike. We workout together

So in January I struggled with 5 min. But felt great. I worked up to 20 min within 5 weeks. By mid March I was doing 24 min and tried level two. This week I have now done 30 minutes at level two, three consecutive days and counting. It feels great. I am not running, but have a good cardio for me, my size and my body.

I am going to stay off the scales a few days. I don't need anymore negative feedback this week.

I read a good bumper sticker today....if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
I thought, well doesn't that just say it all. So, I continue to plan my meals, plan my workouts and track all ins and outs. Wishing you all a great week.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

I've been stuck at 325 for a good little while now, but I finally broke it down to 324 this morning, so hells yeah! I was pretty frustrated with that though, because my stupid scale is so incompetent. When I first got on it said 322 and I was all ecstatic, but knowing this scale I knew I better double check... and when I did it showed 324. Then once more and it showed 324 again, so I know that's the more accurate reading. Either way a loss is a loss, and I'm happy.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
I've been stuck at 325 for a good little while now, but I finally broke it down to 324 this morning, so hells yeah! I was pretty frustrated with that though, because my stupid scale is so incompetent. When I first got on it said 322 and I was all ecstatic, but knowing this scale I knew I better double check... and when I did it showed 324. Then once more and it showed 324 again, so I know that's the more accurate reading. Either way a loss is a loss, and I'm happy.
Good for you for breaking 325 !
Did you do anything different to get the scales moving again?

My weight loss has been pretty slow lately and infact it looks like I might be gaining some, my weight this morning was 1.5lbs higher than it was on Saturday even though I have been careful to make sure I have been maintaining a calorie deficit.
I am not sure at this point if I should try and wait it out, or if I should change something up in order to kick start the losses again.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

I didn't change a thing, nothing intentionally anyway. I just waited it out is all. I totally wouldn't worry about a pound or so being gained throughout the day. My own weight has been known to fluctuate as much as 3 or 4 pounds on a bad day. It always comes back down though. That's actually one, and maybe the only, advantage of weighing myself everyday. I end up getting a pretty good idea of how my weight reacts to diet changes, cheats, exercise, etc, on a day to day basis. I just keep my eye on that overall trend, and try to stay positive. It gets frustrating, no doubt... but nothing feels better than breaking a long plateau. It's such a huge sigh of relief.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Default ugh

i dont know what im doing. i gained one pound. im 458lbs. i feel like just stuffing my face with 2 large pepperoni pizzas. its been two weeks of 1,000 calories. how is this possible????????????
Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by symphony'smom
i dont know what im doing. i gained one pound. im 458lbs. i feel like just stuffing my face with 2 large pepperoni pizzas. its been two weeks of 1,000 calories. how is this possible????????????
How accurate is your scale? Is my first thought. I don't think it's physically possible to gain fat eating that amount at your weight (which is pretty much where I was 11 months ago).

It IS possible to retain several pounds of fluid--I do from time to time but if you're just starting out at 1000 cals you should be shedding pounds like nobody's business.

Would you mind making your food logs "public"? We can take a look and see if anything there jumps out.

Are you able to do any exercise? And how much water are you drinking? Within reason the more the better.

Whatever you do, you can't give up. Hey, if I can do it, so can you!

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-06-2011, 12:15 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by symphony'smom
Awe, sorry about that number increasing, but I really don't believe that you gained any fat. Weighing soon after you wake up (before you eat or drink anything) because you can gain a few pounds from a day of eating drinking and even walking. Our bodies can swell a little, holding onto some water. Also if you are around that "time of the month" you can gain about 1-10lb from water-retention. Sorry if that's going too personal but it could play a big role in not seeing your REAL weight.

Whatever you do, please don't give up and don't eat that pizza!!!! I recommend you go out and buy some pita bread and a jar of pizza sauce (bake a pita with some pizza sauce and whatever toppings you want on top, and it's delicious) Much less calories+fat then the real thing. At 458 you should be seeing some pretty fast results, but everyone's body is different, maybe your body will take a little while to respond to this. If you are eating a large percent fat, carbs, or protein.. try playing around with those ratios? Usually a high protein diet is best.. but everyone is different. Are you drinking a ton of water ? The water will help you to stop retaining fluids (ironically more water means less fluid retention)

I think soon your drop will be pretty major. Take advantage of the "body" part of this site. Measure yourself so that even when the scale says you've gained or stayed the same, you will see you've lost inches. It really helps me right now to measure, since I'm losing my weight very very slowly at the moment. It's nice to see that I'm mostly getting smaller. I think this would benefit you a lot. I hope you get to see your effort paying off soon, hang in there!

Last edited by Misery16226; 04-06-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:18 PM
FitDay Member

Also Congrats on the loss Virus!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 02:08 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Misery!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:09 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Brand Spankin' New!

Just started on Monday.

Starting weight 4/4/11 264lbs
Goal weight 12/31/11 200lbs

Bring it on!

Unfortunately, I don't have ANY time to exercise because I am in grad school full time and work more than the typical 40 hour work week, but I do what I can by taking the stairs and parking at the back of parking lots. Right now, I am mostly focusing on my food choices

~Kaylyn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.