Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 09:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I just calculated my 4th of July goal and I hope I'm not weird but that is scary! Since I am over 300 I need to lose 31.3 lbs in just over 3 months. I have never set a goal like this before and am a bit scared of it, but I am going to do it. The worst thing that can happen is that I will still lose a bunch but maybe not actually reach the goal. I will still be healthier for what I did lose. Right?
Sounds like you are already doing great! What diet or plan are you following?
Old 03-30-2011, 10:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
I just calculated my 4th of July goal and I hope I'm not weird but that is scary! Since I am over 300 I need to lose 31.3 lbs in just over 3 months. I have never set a goal like this before and am a bit scared of it, but I am going to do it. The worst thing that can happen is that I will still lose a bunch but maybe not actually reach the goal. I will still be healthier for what I did lose. Right?
April, you can DO IT--I have faith in you! We're all going to do this together and hit summer a whole lot lighter. So, get ready--we start on Friday!!!

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-30-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Hi everyone, and welcome to all the new folks,

I did my weigh in a day early this week, and it will probably be my new day (of all things, my mother doesn't want to miss American Idol again!!!!!) I was down another 2.6#s this week, that makes my total loss to date 20.2 .

I finished my fast a day early though. Going protien free for that long wasn't doing well for my head or my body . I did manage to accomplish the task at hand though...I passed several gall stones with no pain .

Now I'm totally in on the 10% chalange...I figure if I can do 20#s in about 2 months, I should be able to do 23 in 3 .

Hope everyone has a great week
Jen
Jen, that's great! I'll post the new challenge threads on Friday so we can get going.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-30-2011, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

What a great thread. You all are amazing. Virus, I could feel the helium in your post.
Welcome aboard Ladyfinger, you're going to love it here. I've got my menu for the week set and I'm ready to go. Did slip on a melted ice cube in the kitchen and bummed up my knee; looks like the exercise will be upper body type for a while. But that's OK, it's still the right direction.
Lois
Old 03-30-2011, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Amazing People!
I have been on FitDay for over a week now and am super impressed with this thread. It is so nice to hear other people's successes and struggles with trying to lose 100# +.
My weight has always yo-yoed over the years, but in the past 5 years I have gone from a size 16 to a 26
I finally decided that it is time for me to look after me. I went to a medical weight loss clinic in my area on March 19th and stepped on the scales for the first time in 2 years. I wasn't greatly surprised to see that I weighed in at 310.5 #. I was given a 1400 calorie eating plan to follow, which tells me how much protein, carbs and fat I am to eat every day.
The first week I followed my plan pretty closely, with a day higher and a day lower than what I should actually be consuming, but it pretty well evened out over the week. When I went on March 24th for my weigh in I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had lost 4.1 #.
I traveled over the weekend to see my brother and his family. It was to celebrate 3 birthdays (my bro, his wife and daughter). Needless to say, I went WAAAY over the 1400 calorie mark on Saturday and Sunday. And I followed it up with another "large" day on Monday. I have done much better with following my plan Tuesday and today but I am a little scared to step on the scale tomorrow
I know I have a loooooong way to go to reach my goal weight and I can only take it one day at a time. I keep reminding myself that I didn't gain all this weight overnight and I won't be losing it all overnight either.
Anyways, thought I would introduce myself a little. I look forward to doing this journey with all of you!

-truly_tasha
Old 03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

hi ladyfinger38
i hope u do well with your weight loss. this site has really helped me and i hop it helps you too.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

michael...how do i join your challenge?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:33 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by symphony\'smom
michael...how do i join your challenge?
OK, I've just posted the new Challenge threads--one for discussion and one the "official" check-in thread.

Just copy the last post, open a new reply and paste it in, then add your username to the list in alpha order. Every time you check in, copy and paste then update your line. This way we always have the latest info.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-31-2011, 04:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Ladyfingers38
Sounds like you are already doing great! What diet or plan are you following?
The thing that I am doing the most is eating yogurt for breakfast, salad for lunch with all veggies except 1oz of cheese & fat free low cal dressing, a small snack usually mid-morning, an apple or orange in the afternoon and then eat dinner with the family. I eat whatever they are having, just less of it than I would have before. Most nights I have no snack or if I really need something I will have a bowl of cereal with 1% milk or sugar free popsicle.

I walk 30-45 min every day on my lunch break (weather permitting) then a few nights a week I work out on our home gym lifting weights both with arms & legs and I do some strengthening/balance exercises to increase flexability in the evenings sometimes too.

The biggest thing that I have done is not to deprive myself of something that I want. Just to have only a little of it. Don't take the bag of snack with you...put some in a bowl and go sit down with it. Or have hubby eat half of what I am making

So far so good!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement! It truly helps!
Old 03-31-2011, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by truly_tasha
Hello Amazing People!
I have been on FitDay for over a week now and am super impressed with this thread. It is so nice to hear other people's successes and struggles with trying to lose 100# +.
My weight has always yo-yoed over the years, but in the past 5 years I have gone from a size 16 to a 26
I finally decided that it is time for me to look after me. I went to a medical weight loss clinic in my area on March 19th and stepped on the scales for the first time in 2 years. I wasn't greatly surprised to see that I weighed in at 310.5 #. I was given a 1400 calorie eating plan to follow, which tells me how much protein, carbs and fat I am to eat every day.
The first week I followed my plan pretty closely, with a day higher and a day lower than what I should actually be consuming, but it pretty well evened out over the week. When I went on March 24th for my weigh in I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had lost 4.1 #.
I traveled over the weekend to see my brother and his family. It was to celebrate 3 birthdays (my bro, his wife and daughter). Needless to say, I went WAAAY over the 1400 calorie mark on Saturday and Sunday. And I followed it up with another "large" day on Monday. I have done much better with following my plan Tuesday and today but I am a little scared to step on the scale tomorrow
I know I have a loooooong way to go to reach my goal weight and I can only take it one day at a time. I keep reminding myself that I didn't gain all this weight overnight and I won't be losing it all overnight either.
Anyways, thought I would introduce myself a little. I look forward to doing this journey with all of you!

-truly_tasha
Welcome to the thread tasha! Way to go losing 4.1lb so far! You seem to have a good attitude, and good plan! Don't be nervous to step on that scale, you are doing great! I can't imagine having all those birthdays to go to but my brothers birthday, and Easter are coming up and I'll probably have some cake and chocolates. I think everyone enjoys those junk-foods once in a while. It's nothing to be worried about, you probably wouldn't gain weight from it if you eat healthy all the other days. Maybe won't lose weight as fast though. I'm going to try and fit cake and chocolate into my calories budget by eating very light&healthy on those days. Anyways you've come to the right place and everyone here is very helpful and supportive Were all in this together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.