The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
I'm having a blah day that seems to want to be solved by large amounts of junk food. Relationship yuck, friend fallout... and not a great week overall. Someone talk me down from the ledge!!!

Julieann
Julieann,
We all have rough times. It really sucks. I'm so sorry. Try to keep your mind off of the junk food. Do something to keep your mind away from everything. Read up on healthy eating, that always gets me pumped about losing weight and sticking to my goal, I always learn something new. Go for a walk, or do some Yoga. Even cry a little if you have to. Junk food won't solve the problem! Do you have any pets? Going outside and playing fetch with my puppy always puts me in a better mood. Try cleaning. Cleaning always helps me to clear my head. I feel like if I have a clean space, it's like having a clean slate. If you feel like you need the sweets, it's okay to give in a LITTLE, It's not going to kill you in the long run. But I would suggest trying something healthier if you feel you really need that food fix. Celery with a little peanut butter, or some salty almonds. Indulge a little but not to where it will ruin everything you've done. And remember that you are doing this FOR YOU!!!!
Old 03-26-2011, 08:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Thanks a lot Michael. I just hope I'll be able to maintain whatever I lose. I'm planning on sticking with Fitday for the long term, not just to lose the weight.
You and me too, brother! I can lose weight like a son of a gun, and gain it almost as fast. But, I have NEVER in my life been able to maintain a particular weight level.

I've pretty much figured out that I, for whatever reason, won't ever be able to eat "normally" (at least w/o years of therapy) so the next best thing will be to continue to track calorie intake and exercise for the foreseeable future.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-26-2011, 08:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
I was setting my next goals and realized I am now below a BMI of 40. Officially, I am no longer extremely obese...just obese. LOL. I didn't even realize that there were different categories of obesity.

Feeling good.
That's great! I'm just obese too, which is nice. I actually found out that there is also "super obese", which is a step up from being "morbidly obese". I don't know if there's anything above "super" (and never want to find out!).

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-26-2011, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having a blah day that seems to want to be solved by large amounts of junk food. Relationship yuck, friend fallout... and not a great week overall. Someone talk me down from the ledge!!!

Julieann
I'm really sorry you are having such a rough week. Something that helps me when I'm really wanting to quit something is remembering that this moment is zooming by. In a month you probably won't even think about this week, then soon you'll just forget. Maybe think back to the "relationship yuck, friend fallout" but you won't have the same emotional connection with it because it will be "in the past" by then.
So just look at yourself in the mirror really hard.. think back to a year ago. Can you remember everything you've done in 365 days? If you can remember all the times you've followed through with your goals, and work hard to succeed.. At the time it was probably really hard.. but now if you think about it.. 1 year went by really fast. Every day is quickly ending right after it starts. When you're looking in the mirror at yourself, remember where you will be in 1 year. Thinking back to march 2011. You will be healthier, more confident, more beautiful, wiser, and this whole "health and fitness" thing will be 100x easier because your body will crave healthy foods, your mind will be stronger, you will have built more healthy habits.. You will look back and laugh about wanting junk food. "ha I haven't had junk food in forever, what did I find so great about it" or something like that.

Now since we are here in this moment right now, it seems hard. Just lay down, watch TV, phone someone, go for a walk, do anything except eat junk food. Before you know it today will be gone too. If this won't work for you.. How about you find a healthy recipe for something your craving, low-cal version then you can eat lots and fit it into your calorie limit. One thing I love now is low-calorie brownies. Instead of butter use apple sauce, and leave out 1/3 cup of the recipe's sugar. You can do this for almost any baked treats. Or you can leave out all of the sugar and use Stevia if you have some. Baking/cooking you're own junk-food when you seriously think you need some, really takes your mind off of it, plus you can make it better and healthier. It isn't the end of the world if you indulge sometimes just try not to go too far over your calorie limit.

Hope this helps and hope you feel better soon.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:57 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone, I'm off the ledge for now. Went for a walk, and ended up finding a low cal icecream bar that kept the rest of the cravings at bay. Relationship is over... jury's still out on the other.
Julieann
Old 03-27-2011, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Julieann
Julieann,

Sometimees life sucks....when we can come to terms with controlling what we can and not worrying about the rest there tends to be a peace of mind. I have had a horride last couple of months with three deaths in the family (great aunt, uncle, and brother) and the separation of my in-laws which resulted in my 79 year old mother in-law moving in with us and my husbandd quiting his job to take care of her (and me). So 2 kids in university and I am now the sole wage earner for the newly formed family of 5. NO PRESSURE.

Anyways, I would not have been able to handle it all, it I wasn't taking care of me. With the wieght loss, I have more engery, stamina and ability to deal with stress. The fact that you are on this site and seeking help is wonderful. There is a smaller version of you wanting to get out. Take it one day at a time.

As Michael says :"the all or nothing attitude is discturctive". No one is perfect,. One bit, one step, one day at a time.

We are here to help. Chin up.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Turning it up a notch...

Since January my workouts have been balance ball workouts for core, conditionaing and stretchng. In February I added the elliptical (10 min)and worked up to 24 minutes in the month of March.

Starting today, I will turn it up a notch, by moving to Intervals Lvl 2 on the Elliptical for 24 min. And I will add dumb bells to the arm work on the balance ball.

Steady as she goes....feeling good.

Happy spring my fitday friends.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

im going to weigh myself tommorrow...super nervous to see what that number on the scale reads. wish me luck. i will let you know how it goes.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:28 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by symphony\'smom
im going to weigh myself tommorrow...super nervous to see what that number on the scale reads. wish me luck. i will let you know how it goes.
Weigh-ins still give me a little feeling of suspense! Let us know the results--I'm sure it'll be good.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-27-2011, 03:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by symphony\'smom
Awesome, mine is tomorrow to!
Good luck!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.