Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 06:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Happy Friday indeed. I lost another pound, which brings me to *drum roll*
TEN pounds lost. Finally hit the double digits! Look out goal weight, 'cause I'm comin' for ya.
Woo hoo! In the "forties"--good work!

Now let's see another 10!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-04-2011, 09:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
This describes me to a T . I was in denial about how large I was until I started working at a thrift store about a year ago. I told one of my coworkers that I needed a nice pair of slacks for an interview. She held us a pair and said that I would look good in them. I told her that they were way to big to fit me, and she said that they were just my size...To prove her wrong, I held them up against my body and went hip to hip...To my horror, she was right, they were just my size .

As for people complimenting me on my loss, that has always made me backslide and start eating like a banchee again. I know that I'm not a healthy weight, and I know that I want to be thinner and more attractive to men, but I have some psychological fear attatched to some childhood abuse issues. I was thin when they happened, and I started eating to stuff my feelings (and make myself less atractive to men to protect myself from further abuse). Now I'm trying really hard to overcome those issues so that I can be who I know I am inside this "fat suit".

I'm sure that this post is TMI for some, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one with some sort of story on this thread . Still looking through old posts, I may be back again today .
I've had so many similar things happen to me. I have a couple of relatives that are rather large. When we all got together for Christmas and I was given the same gift as all the other fat girls, in a different color, I knew that other people saw me as fat. I on the other hand was still living in a land of denial.

I also have had similar issues in hiding myself in a fat suit. Every time I've been a size 6-8 in my life has been marked with a stalker. Living life in a state of terror is very very stressful, and I'm a stress eater.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
This describes me to a T . I was in denial about how large I was until I started working at a thrift store about a year ago. I told one of my coworkers that I needed a nice pair of slacks for an interview. She held us a pair and said that I would look good in them. I told her that they were way to big to fit me, and she said that they were just my size...To prove her wrong, I held them up against my body and went hip to hip...To my horror, she was right, they were just my size .

As for people complimenting me on my loss, that has always made me backslide and start eating like a banchee again. I know that I'm not a healthy weight, and I know that I want to be thinner and more attractive to men, but I have some psychological fear attatched to some childhood abuse issues. I was thin when they happened, and I started eating to stuff my feelings (and make myself less atractive to men to protect myself from further abuse). Now I'm trying really hard to overcome those issues so that I can be who I know I am inside this "fat suit".

I'm sure that this post is TMI for some, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one with some sort of story on this thread . Still looking through old posts, I may be back again today .
It's funny (not funny haha) how small things like a comment or a piece of clothing stick with us. But , hey if thats what it takes to get us in going in the right direction, then so be it.

Don't feel weird about thinking you gave TMI, I'm sure we all have our reasons for letting our weight get out of control. Not really sure what mine is, other than too much food and being a couch potato.

Just do the best you can, you'll get there.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
I have decided to stand on the scale every morning so I can monitor changes. I ate 1 oz of ostrich pepperoni yesterday and the scale went up today. I had some of that same high salt pepperoni and expect either a hold tomorrow or even another increase. I need to stay aware of what causes the changes.

On the brighter side, as I dressed for church this morning, I discovered that I had not washed my clothes. Ya, I forget little things like that.
So I went through my too small suitcase and found a jean skirt that I had stopped wearing two summers ago because it was too tight. It fit. In the same suitcase was a shirt that fit, but was a little snug on my lower arms. 3/4 sleeve. It also fit.

Then to top things off, one of the ladies at church came up and quietly said I was looking good.

This leads to one of my past weight issues. I have really good willpower and weight loss is not really difficult for me as far as practicality, it is the emotional side that is an issue. When I get to a point where a man notices the changes, that is when I will struggle. I intend to come here and ask for someone to talk me through it when that happens.
Sometimes, even knowing what your issues are, don't prevent them from happening.
You know one of the things I didn't realize is that I would be embarrassed when people complimented me on my weight loss. I'm not easily embarrassed, so it was a bit shocking to realize that all that attention was totally unnerving. But this time it's not a diet and it's not about being skinnier, or better looking, I just want to be healthy and strong and able to keep up with the kids. This little difference in objective has been really key for me. I don't give a rip about beauty, it's skin deep and often totally disappointing, but I can be all about "healthy" and gun-ho because that is for me and my family, so we can lead happier, healthier, longer, stronger lives.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys. Just an update. I feel terrible today. I caught one wicked stomach virus that's been going around. It hit me all at once, late last night. I got very little sleep (running to bathroom every few minutes makes it hard to fall asleep). I can't remember the last time I was this sick. I don't think I'm gonna be getting a decent diet in today. Just the thought of food is nauseating. Anyone have any tips to keep my strength up, or speed up recovery?

Thanks.

Ugh I feel miserable.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:16 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Hey guys. Just an update. I feel terrible today. I caught one wicked stomach virus that's been going around. It hit me all at once, late last night. I got very little sleep (running to bathroom every few minutes makes it hard to fall asleep). I can't remember the last time I was this sick. I don't think I'm gonna be getting a decent diet in today. Just the thought of food is nauseating. Anyone have any tips to keep my strength up, or speed up recovery?

Thanks.

Ugh I feel miserable.
Sorry to hear you've caught the bug

Other than the usual advice "take it easy and stay hydrated", I don't have much of anything.

Just do the best you can until this passes. Hope you feel better soon!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-05-2011, 05:34 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael. I've gotten pretty dehydrated today. I've actually lost 5 pounds in a day. I'm not going to chart that though, 'cause I know it'll come back once I get better and start eating better. All I've had today is some Chicken noodle soup and Gatorade. It's definitely better than it was last night, or this morning. I'm hoping I wake up feeling great. Assuming I can get some sleep tonight.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just starting my 100++ pound journey

Hello, everyone! I started my journey on January 6th, 2011. I weighed in at 370 pounds. I am a 5'10" woman. I want to ultimately get down to 195 pounds. I weighed in on Feb. 4, 2011 and weighed 359, so 11 pounds down!! WHOO Hooo!! I am curious how you get the signature at the bottom of your posts that has a running total of your weight losses. Could someone help me with that? My goal right now is to be at 340 by April 1, 2011. I am limiting myself to 1800 calories a day and walking a mile each evening on my treadmill. So far, so good. I will be incorporating a kettle ball and Wii boxing and other Wii workouts soon. I love hearing everyone's successes on here! I really feel like I found the jackpot with FitDay! It is helping me change my lifestyle, not just be on some DIET.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ferndills
Hello, everyone! I started my journey on January 6th, 2011. I weighed in at 370 pounds. I am a 5'10" woman. I want to ultimately get down to 195 pounds. I weighed in on Feb. 4, 2011 and weighed 359, so 11 pounds down!! WHOO Hooo!! I am curious how you get the signature at the bottom of your posts that has a running total of your weight losses. Could someone help me with that? My goal right now is to be at 340 by April 1, 2011. I am limiting myself to 1800 calories a day and walking a mile each evening on my treadmill. So far, so good. I will be incorporating a kettle ball and Wii boxing and other Wii workouts soon. I love hearing everyone's successes on here! I really feel like I found the jackpot with FitDay! It is helping me change my lifestyle, not just be on some DIET.
Hello ferndills! You and I have very similar weight loss goals. You're off to a great start. I know you can do it!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:53 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ferndills
FitDay works. 160 pounds, more or less, gone in nine months for me--hard to argue with that.

So welcome--hope you stick around and keep us posted as to your progress.

To created your sig, simply click the "User CP" in the blue bar and choose "signature" on the menu to your left. You need to create/update the sig yourself--it isn't automated.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.