Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 02:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by laujlauj
I love this thread of 100+
I started to feel like a lerker just reading everone's posts. So I am posting to introduce myself. I am 39, female and tired of sitting out when I should be out and doing everything I want to do.

Jan 4/11 was 265.5
Feb 1/11 now 248.5 and feeling great
Hey, welcome, and I'm glad you decided to "un-lurk"!

Looks like you're going great-guns! Keep it up.

This is going to be such as great spring and summer for us "big losers" I just can't wait.

Don't be a stranger.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-02-2011, 02:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
This discussion of self-image really hits home with me too. I have a terrible time relating my appearance to other fat people, or people in general. I almost always would see someone who were much bigger than me, and thought that's about what I look like. On the few occasions when I was with someone I trusted, I would ask "am I that big" and they would look at me funny and say, hell no. I have to admit I never believed them. I thought they were just trying to be nice.

I also often had the experience of people's shock when I had occasion to tell them what I weighed. They would say that i carried it well, but again, I always thought they were too skinny to really know what 250, 300, or 350lbs really looks like. Now that there's biggest loser, I think more people know what these sizes really look like (with the dreaded shirts off).

When I look at myself in the mirror, I don't see a difference after losing 32lbs. But I see the difference in the way my clothes fit (or no longer fit). I have a strong memory of what my legs looked like when I was 170lbs, and I'm hoping that my few thinner memories kick in and I'm somehow able to adjust my vision.
Ha ha--yes, I don't think most "normal" people have any clue about weight. I've had people ask me how much I've lost--"50, 60 pounds?" LOL! Nope, closer to 160!

It's funny how excess weight looks different on different people. Even to us who've "been there and done that".

Of course I can see a difference in my appearance, and I surely feel 1000% better but I'm still me. Or, perhaps I'm not, to get philosophical a bit .

To some extent, we are who we think we are. Sometimes I feel like a "fraud"--I'm getting close to looking somewhat "normal", but, inside is that 400+ fat guy lurking. Man, a shrink could probably have a field day with that.

We are also, in part, affected by our interactions with others. Let's face it, people deal with us differently depending upon our physical appearance. I know we should never let what others think effect our self-worth, but it's really hard not to.

I think that's enough rambling for now--more later!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 AM
FitDay Member

Wink

Wow....this has been quite a thread. I am so impressed with the honesty, self-discosure and individual progress. Clearly there is a mnd-body connection on so many levels. I second Michaels' prediction....there are lots of great things ahead for this group....stay strong, stay focused and love yourself...

Most of all thanks to all for the generosity in your stories.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

I'm with Jacqueline - it has been very helpful to simply know I'm not alone in feeling some body image confusion. Thanks to all for sharing!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

This is an awesome thread!! Thank you all for opening up.

For me, as far as image, I was in denial. I would see people my size, and think I'm not that big, no way. I go to the same place almost every Saturday night, and there was a woman who was similar in appearance to me, hair color, age, and yes she is large. But I always thought she was way bigger than me. Until one night she wasn't there and someone confused me for her. I was shocked, and of course my skinny friend said no way was I that big. But even if I'm not quite that big, I'm too dang close or it would never have been mistaken.

I don't feel like a fat person, although I have been most of my adult life. When me & hubby met I was 18 and 118lbs. (I starved myself for 6 months to get to that weight) And it has steadily went up ever since, with a huge increase after menopause.

Right now I feel like a fat skinny person, I guess would be the best way to describe it.

Also, when I lose and people notice and comment on it, I get embarrassed. I guess I don't want any attention brought to how big I am.

Michael.....You're right, this would be a shrinks dream..
Old 02-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

I don't quite have 100 lbs. to lose (trying for 75) but I just wanted to say that I love this thread, and I love hearing that there are other people like me out there...

I've always sort of been in denial about my weight, as I've always been a little chubby - I played 4 sports in high school but still was never really a lean, mean, muscle machine. For some reason I just got on myself as "chubby" or "curvy" and stuck with those monikers even as the weight crept up and up. It wasn't until I saw a recent picture of myself that my eyes just boggled. I was like "who is that fat girl, and why does she look like me?" Her clothes were tight and bunched in all the wrong places and all stretched out, and she had no waist to speak of, and her arms looked doughy. Surely that wasn't me!! Then I stepped on the scale (which I hadn't done for a good year) and the number was over 200 (and I am a short-ish girl), and I almost fainted on the spot.

It's amazing how something just defines you, and defines you, and defines you and it takes something really big or unexpected to really make you wake up and really -look-. I've lost about 8 lbs. this month and while I'm feeling better, I see no difference in that mirror, and I'm hoping one day my eyes will let me. Thanks everyone for being so honest, it's so helpful
Old 02-03-2011, 05:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by taubele
I don't quite have 100 lbs. to lose (trying for 75) but I just wanted to say that I love this thread, and I love hearing that there are other people like me out there...

I've always sort of been in denial about my weight, as I've always been a little chubby - I played 4 sports in high school but still was never really a lean, mean, muscle machine. For some reason I just got on myself as "chubby" or "curvy" and stuck with those monikers even as the weight crept up and up. It wasn't until I saw a recent picture of myself that my eyes just boggled. I was like "who is that fat girl, and why does she look like me?" Her clothes were tight and bunched in all the wrong places and all stretched out, and she had no waist to speak of, and her arms looked doughy. Surely that wasn't me!! Then I stepped on the scale (which I hadn't done for a good year) and the number was over 200 (and I am a short-ish girl), and I almost fainted on the spot.

It's amazing how something just defines you, and defines you, and defines you and it takes something really big or unexpected to really make you wake up and really -look-. I've lost about 8 lbs. this month and while I'm feeling better, I see no difference in that mirror, and I'm hoping one day my eyes will let me. Thanks everyone for being so honest, it's so helpful
Hey, in a month or two you'll see a difference. I bet you can feel it already, even if it doesn't show.

My wife is about your height, my daughter an couple inches shorter. One could stand to lose 175 to 200 and the other a good 75 to 100. I congratulate you on taking care of this before it got totally out of hand!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-03-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Stopping in to introduce myself. This thread is awesome! I found FitDay a few years ago but never got serious until a year and a half ago. I decided to stop putting my life on hold and get on with it. I talked to my doctor about getting pregnant. She was supportive, and also supportive with my decision to embark on a weight loss journey. For several months I followed her plan and lost about 30 lbs. Then my life changed drastically- weight loss was no longer a priority.

Now that I'm back on track with life in general, it's time to get back on track with weight loss. My doctor recommended keeping my calorie intake at 1200 daily and supplement with prenatal vitamins high in iron.

My highest weight was 285. I am currently around 250, and my goal is to reach 150. I haven't seen 150 since age 16!
Old 02-03-2011, 05:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Guys and Gals, I would love to join the group. I have about 150 lbs to loose. My first goal is 100lbs in 6 months. I am super motovated and have never done it this way, the right way. In the past I have always relied on diet pills and just not eating to lose weight, just to have it come back on once I started eating again, Duh... My current weight is a whopping 311 lbs, I'm 46 years old and 5 feet 4 inches. I'm actually carrying around an extra human being! I have a 4 year old son, and we only have eachother, so I really need to get on it. I'm only on my third day, but this site has been fantastic so far, I was just looking online for a calorie counter and stumbled upon "Fitday" what a great tool for all of us. I have a very limited support system, so I'm reaching out to all of you. This is my motovational phrase that I say to myself over and over "Nothing that I want to eat is more important than my health or my son" simple as that! I also think about August 1st and being 100lbs lighter, and feeling comfortable about frolicking on the beach with my son.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:49 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mamafoxy
Hi Guys and Gals, I would love to join the group. I have about 150 lbs to loose. My first goal is 100lbs in 6 months. I am super motovated and have never done it this way, the right way. In the past I have always relied on diet pills and just not eating to lose weight, just to have it come back on once I started eating again, Duh... My current weight is a whopping 311 lbs, I'm 46 years old and 5 feet 4 inches. I'm actually carrying around an extra human being! I have a 4 year old son, and we only have eachother, so I really need to get on it. I'm only on my third day, but this site has been fantastic so far, I was just looking online for a calorie counter and stumbled upon "Fitday" what a great tool for all of us. I have a very limited support system, so I'm reaching out to all of you. This is my motovational phrase that I say to myself over and over "Nothing that I want to eat is more important than my health or my son" simple as that! I also think about August 1st and being 100lbs lighter, and feeling comfortable about frolicking on the beach with my son.
Welcome to the club! I've only been here a couple of weeks myself, but I can tell it's a great place. Be sure to log in everyday, and track all your foods, and you can't go wrong. I'm down 9 pounds so far. There's a lot of support on these forums as well, so don't be a stranger.

Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.