Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 01:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Okay I know I said I was going to start weighing once a week but I just couldn't help it this morning.

I'm glad I couldn't though because I finally broke 350! I'm now 349 and counting!
EEE Bucksaw! Welcome to the "Forties"--well done.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-30-2011, 08:27 AM
FitDay Member

I have decided to stand on the scale every morning so I can monitor changes. I ate 1 oz of ostrich pepperoni yesterday and the scale went up today. I had some of that same high salt pepperoni and expect either a hold tomorrow or even another increase. I need to stay aware of what causes the changes.

On the brighter side, as I dressed for church this morning, I discovered that I had not washed my clothes. Ya, I forget little things like that.
So I went through my too small suitcase and found a jean skirt that I had stopped wearing two summers ago because it was too tight. It fit. In the same suitcase was a shirt that fit, but was a little snug on my lower arms. 3/4 sleeve. It also fit.

Then to top things off, one of the ladies at church came up and quietly said I was looking good.

This leads to one of my past weight issues. I have really good willpower and weight loss is not really difficult for me as far as practicality, it is the emotional side that is an issue. When I get to a point where a man notices the changes, that is when I will struggle. I intend to come here and ask for someone to talk me through it when that happens.
Sometimes, even knowing what your issues are, don't prevent them from happening.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Annette,

Congrats on being smaller (as the smaller clothes are fitting). I too have to remind myself that this is as good an indicator as the scales...there are so many variables when it comes the to majic number we see each morning. Have a great day!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

I have just started my journey to health. I dont have many health issues but if I stay where Im at ... it wont be long. I have been counting cals and working out for one week and im down 3 lbs. I need to lose about 110 more lbs and it seems daunting. Im hungry but hopeful.

Starting Weight-Jan 22: 246lbs Current Weight-Jan 30: 243lbs
Mini Goal -Mar 16: 225lbs
Goal Weight- Mar 16 '2012' : 150lbs

Last edited by tizzykay; 01-30-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tizzykay
I have just started my journey to health. I dont have many health issues but if I stay where Im at ... it wont be long. I have been counting cals and working out for one week and im down 3 lbs. I need to lose about 110 more lbs and it seems daunting. Im hungry but hopeful.
Welcome! This place will help you. Log in every day, track every calorie you put in your mouth, and you'll do fine. Take part in the discussions too. There's a lot of support around here that's been a huge help for me. I've only been on here for 10 days now, but I'm down 9 pounds. It's a good system. It works.

Good luck, and congratulations on the good start.
Old 01-30-2011, 11:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by rainbow24
I have decided to stand on the scale every morning so I can monitor changes. I ate 1 oz of ostrich pepperoni yesterday and the scale went up today. I had some of that same high salt pepperoni and expect either a hold tomorrow or even another increase. I need to stay aware of what causes the changes.

On the brighter side, as I dressed for church this morning, I discovered that I had not washed my clothes. Ya, I forget little things like that.
So I went through my too small suitcase and found a jean skirt that I had stopped wearing two summers ago because it was too tight. It fit. In the same suitcase was a shirt that fit, but was a little snug on my lower arms. 3/4 sleeve. It also fit.

Then to top things off, one of the ladies at church came up and quietly said I was looking good.

This leads to one of my past weight issues. I have really good willpower and weight loss is not really difficult for me as far as practicality, it is the emotional side that is an issue. When I get to a point where a man notices the changes, that is when I will struggle. I intend to come here and ask for someone to talk me through it when that happens.
Sometimes, even knowing what your issues are, don't prevent them from happening.
Woo hoo--I love "closet shopping"!

I know what you mean about having others notice and comment to you. I get that a lot these days (most want to know my "secret" ). What I've learned to do is simply say "thank you". Most everyone has good intentions, I think and those that don't, don't matter. Just keep doing what you're doing and you'll be fine.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-30-2011, 11:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tizzykay
Welcome to FitDay and the 100+ thread--glad to have you.

If you get serious about it, and it sounds like you are, you can easily lose that 110 pounds by your goal date. And likely without all that much pain--you're already off to a great start!

Don't hesitate to speak up if you would like any advice or if you have questions.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-31-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Weigh in day today... and down 2 lbs!
Julieann
Old 01-31-2011, 03:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Weigh in day today... and down 2 lbs!
Julieann
Great job, Julieann--now do it again!

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-01-2011, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

How is everyone doing? I had another great week! Down 2.4 pounds
I can't believe how well I am doing this time.. it's like I am finally getting it! I am 110% dedicated and this is IT!!

I have my one cheat night a week.... does anyone else do that? Although I found that last week on my cheat night, I am feeling guilty even eating that!! Is that normal?
I know it's good to have "bad" fats.... to help your metabolism, and keep people sane!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.