The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 12:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 88 in 22

Was nosing around my stats and grabbed a quick screen shot of my weight-loss graph. Here's what 88 pounds in 22 weeks looks like:

Hope to see graphs like this from everyone!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-21-2010, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

So my Mum has potential swine flu. Which, if confirmed I will need to be checked for as well. For now I am actually being advised to stay in the house for the potential sake of others. I have Christmas shopping to do!!!!
Gives a whole new spin on the term 'got the trots'!
Old 12-21-2010, 01:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
So my Mum has potential swine flu. Which, if confirmed I will need to be checked for as well. For now I am actually being advised to stay in the house for the potential sake of others. I have Christmas shopping to do!!!!
Gives a whole new spin on the term 'got the trots'!
Felicity, take care of yourself--your health is the best present for your friends and family. Hope neither of you have the really nasty strain of flu and that you get well soon!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-21-2010, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Hi Amber, Welcome

I read on another thread that you were getting a trainer (and a meal plan), do you have any idea what type of diet you are going to be aiming for, or what your time frame is?
Hi there Jen

I know that she follows an eating clean plan, and I would like to be down 100 pounds by Jan 1st of 2011. I am down nine pounds as of this morning. This trainer helped my aunt go from 250 to 135 in 8 months, and come in 2nd place in a national body transformation challenge. She also came in 1st in a body building competition that year So I have plenty of motivation and example that it can be done. lol
Old 12-21-2010, 04:51 PM
FitDay Member

I hadn't noticed this thread before, but 100lbs is exactly my long term goal so that works out perfectly.

I started at 305lbs in mid-August, and my goal is 205lbs (no specific date yet, but hopefully mid-spring). That will take me from a BMI of 36.2 (severely obese) to 24.3 (normal). As of today I'm at 263lbs (31.2), so 58 more to go.
Old 12-22-2010, 06:34 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome.

The main thing is I am just eating less, which sounds simple but tracking it with fitday helps me stay accountable. I used to drink lots of sugar soda too (3-4 cans a day) and now I just drink water. That alone is 500-600 calories per day. I wouldn't say I'm eating completely healthy but I am at least eating better than I used to, and in much smaller quantities.

I started out just walking for exercise the first 2-3 months, but then I hit a bit of a plateau so the last month I've been doing some body-weight strength training (crunches, squats, pushups), and the weight is coming off again.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:59 PM
FitDay Member

Today was a very hard day! I am so busy with work trying to get everything finished up before going on holidays for two weeks.. that I didn't take very much time to eat... I should be eating between 1600 and 1800 calories a day... and I only hit about 1000 today. I hope this doesn't impact my week too much!!

How is everyone doing? All set for the holidays?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Amber and Trav. Good to see you in the land of support and motivation. I wish you great success.

Hang in there, Julie. I know I have occasional days like that, but I really try to make sure I pack my snacks for work. I even have some stashed in my desk. Sometimes you just can't break away but you can throw something in your mouth.

I've found that the number of calories is a factor but also how/when I eat. I'm no expert by any means, but a goal for me is to get my metabolism started early, as soon as I get up, and do my best to space my eating throughout my day in the hopes that it will keep working for me.

Health and happiness everyone!
Old 12-23-2010, 01:06 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning everyone ~

Sorry to hear about the swine flu and being housebound. Boo. Bad time of year for that.

And mom needing surgery with 12 weeks off... is there a short term disability available for her? Most bigger companies have that. If not, that completely sucks. No one can predict when they're going to be sick/injured and need time off. It shouldn't cost someone their job.

Welcome to the new people ~ very happy you're here.

And here's what I know about me: all of that emotional eating I used to do that I thought I was cured of? Not.

New favorite bad feeling? Pi@@ed off. Angry. Full of Rage.

I lost it with the two guys who work for me (long story, but short version, they're like a couple of junior high kids, constantly gossiping back and forth, and MAKING STUFF UP to get the other one all riled up and irritable). Had a hollering, door slamming fit and was so angry I was shaking.

So what did I do? I ate at it. Makes sense, doesn't it? (no, I know it doesn't)

I rarely ever get angry like that, but it definitely triggers the urge to eat. So there's my confession of the morning and I feel better having said it. It's so crazy, it's hard to talk about it with anyone. Who gets mad and eats at it?

I'm not doing it today, and I'm going to have a good one. Hope all y'all do too.

Here's a little inspiration from a guy who's lost 300 pounds.

Watch Me Lose 300 Pounds – A weight loss blog

Enjoy the day, everyone.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Heya,
Just a quick update for those interested..
Well, my Mum definitely has swine flu. It was confirmed today.
And I have a massive inner ear infection. I'm in total agony, and bern told that the tablets won't stop the pain for up to 48 hours. So I'm basically spending all my time bursting into tears each time I sneeze/cough/burp etc. It's the most pain I've been in, ever! And truthfully, it's comfort food all the way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.