The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

I am just checking in here I am new to the board, and ideally have approx 120 pounds to lose. I need to set some goals, and get to work, but I wanted to say hey and introduce myself

My name is Amber, and I am 23. I am about 5'11" and 319 pounds.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:01 PM
FitDay Member

Default Trying to get a routine

Hello Felicity, Sister Jen, Matt and Lynnette et al.,
I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I'll keep her in my prayers.
Sister Jen - Hope you find a job - your'e on the prayer list, too. Have you ever tried to sell your Christmas bakery to a restaurant?
I'm now at 276.4 and have lost only 2 pounds so far this month. My goal is to weigh at least 267 by the end of the month.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:35 PM
FitDay Member

Well, my Mum is now in hospital being treated for Pneumonia and Pleurisy. We've been told it's very unlikely she'll be out before Christmas so it has been postponed in my house. I'm on babysitting duties while her partner is by her bed 24/7, so I'm unable to get to the gym or even leave the house with my little brother because of the snow. I'm thoroughly miserable!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by scoop715
Hello Felicity, Sister Jen, Matt and Lynnette et al.,
I'm sorry to hear about your mum. I'll keep her in my prayers.
Sister Jen - Hope you find a job - your'e on the prayer list, too. Have you ever tried to sell your Christmas bakery to a restaurant?
I'm now at 276.4 and have lost only 2 pounds so far this month. My goal is to weigh at least 267 by the end of the month.
Great to see you checking in. Losing nine pounds in 10 days is pretty aggressive. It CAN be done and I hope it works for you!

Have a great day.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-20-2010, 12:10 AM
FitDay Member

Felicity...I'm so sorry to hear about your mom and your situation. You're all in my thoughts. It sounds like you're really jumped in to do your best to take care of everyone. I hope you can find just a little time for you through the process. Even if it's just sitting in a quite place for a half hour while babysitting, or doing some in-home activity. Anything that makes you feel like you're taking a little care of yourself will help you get through the stressful time.

Scoop, best of luck with your goals. We're here for you if you have any questions.

Be well all,

Matt
Old 12-20-2010, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! I spent most of the weekend packing.. we're moving on December 29th! lots of lifting, moving, etc! Yay for exercise! hahaha

Weight in day was this morning.. I am down 3 lbs from last Monday morning
It feels great!!!
Thanks everyone for the support
Old 12-20-2010, 12:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by juliesaid2728
Hi Everyone!
I hope everyone had a great weekend! I spent most of the weekend packing.. we're moving on December 29th! lots of lifting, moving, etc! Yay for exercise! hahaha

Weight in day was this morning.. I am down 3 lbs from last Monday morning
It feels great!!!
Thanks everyone for the support
3 lbs. a week is great! That's about what I average myself--of course, we wish it would come off faster, but I've learned that faster is not always better. Keep up the great works and hopefully the move goes smoothly.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-20-2010, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning people ~

Sounds like lots going on with everyone. I hope those who are dealing with family and personal stuff can get some resolution and/or peace with it all. Amber! Welcome, glad you're here.

Heck, I'm glad we're all here! Look at us, hanging out here, doing the deal on a daily basis, and IT'S EATING SEASON! Is that commitment or what? Diet season doesn't even start until January 1, so something positive's going on with each of us, don't you think?

Here's a little inspiration for the morning.... -300 pounds, changed her life. I hope everyone has a great day, or if it can't be a good one, hang on to sane eating because there's no problem so bad that bingeing can't make it worse.

YouTube - Woman shed 300 pounds!

lynette
Old 12-20-2010, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Great job, Lynette! Keep up the good work.

That life exercise can be the best exercise. I kicked my butt in the gym this weekend, but I have a long to-do list tonight, cleaning, laundry, etc, and I know it's going to be a better workout than I've had in days.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Phew! Just got back from my daily walk. Added a little more distance today and still finished up within 20 minutes and it felt good. Man, I can work up a sweat, even if the temp is 12*F with the wind chill.

Went out with friends before a Christmas party yesterday. I hate not knowing which restaurant we'll be going to ahead of time so I can plan what to order. The waitress swore they had no calorie info available so I had to guess. Luckily, it turns out their baked onion soup w/cheese wasn't too bad--everything else was monstrous (and expensive).

I guess I've lost my taste for restaurant food--I can eat much better at home for a ton less money.

Then, I had to decline twice my friend's insistance that I try the boneless buffalo wings and the fresh bread. Sometimes, as they say, "no means no". And to boot, this fellow is way over 300 pounds (bigger than I am now) and spent the rest of the evening telling about this new diet shake stuff he was going to start selling and lose weight on (while he put away bread, a steak, plate of fries slathered with catsup, six (really!) large glasses of regular Coke and most of a plate of buffalo wings). I'll believe it when I see it.

I didn't have the heart to tell him that the LAST thing I want to burn my precious calories on is some horrid tasting diet shakes.

At the party that followed I declined the home made chocolate cheesecake and other desserts with ease. I'm getting pretty good at declining any dessert or bakery item--it's best for me to just abstain. I'm quite good at abstinance, not so good on moderation, if you know what I mean.

Oh, declined to partake of any home-made peanut butter balls my co-worker brought in today, and I used to love those things. If you say "no" often enough, sooner or later people will get the hint that you're serious.

I guess that is enough rambling for today. Looking forward to weigh-in next weekend--I guess that would be Christmas day--that would be a nice day to see 299 (or less) show up on the scale.

Have a great day everyone!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.