Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 PM
FitDay Member

Default my goals

December 14, 2010 - 277
December 14, 2011 - 150

That's a loss of ten pounds each month for one year -- to lose 120 in a year.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
I'm sorry, but I have a serious issue with parents that do that to their children ...I'm not sure which is worse, putting an average kid on a diet in the 2nd grade, and setting up weight issues for life, or having food pushed at you to "solve" every issue (good or bad)...skin your knee, a cookie will make it better!...get straight A's on a report card, go to a restaurant and have a 3 course dinner, etc.

While I didn't exactly grow up in either circumstance, food did play a big part in my childhood. My family ate out at least 2-3 times a week (which is where I got my passion for multicultural cuisine), but most of my food issues were actually self imposed. I was pretty active as a kid, but once 6th grade hit, it all went out the window

Sorry for the rant, but it really is one of my pet peeves...I see it happening over and over in my extended family (I don't have any kids of my own, but it is really disheartening to watch my cousins do that to their children)

Don't be sorry for the rant, Jen. I know, it's frustrating to look back. And I also hate it when kids are messed up by a crazy focus on their eating or bodies. I think my parents had good intentions. They wanted me to have every advantage in life, and we all know what an advantage being thin is. Of course it backfired, but that's also due to some other events that happened later in life, not solely because of the early focus on eating and weight.

The thing is what to do now? Work to change it, to be healthy, to make good decisions on what I'm eating every day. AND ESPECIALLY to not choose food in the face of some unpleasant feeling or other.

This is my pattern: Stressed? Eat. Overwhelmed? Eat. Angry? Eat. Sad? Eat. Tired? Eat. And my favorite bad feeling: feeling forced by circumstance to do something I desperately don't want to do...eat eat eat.

For today, I'm focusing on the fact that I'm a capable, competent, 53 year old woman who's done a lot of hard stuff in her life, as we all have. I can do this. We call can.

Everybody have a great day !!! I'm going to
billmorison777 likes this.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by scoop715
Please count me in for this 100+ weight loss group. I am ready to be slim and trim!
Counting you IN Scoop!!! Let's do it. I'm collecting success stories of people who've lost ~ and kept off ~ 100 pounds or more. Maybe others could too, and we could link to them here?

When I hit a down spot, it helps me to read of others who are doing what I want to do. Of course, we're all writing our own success stories right here. In a year, we'll be linking to Scoop, who lost 120 pounds and is keeping it off.

Nice to meet you!
Old 12-15-2010, 02:08 AM
FitDay Member

Here's one...

Ali Lost 100 Pounds and Kept it Off for Five Years - That's Fit

And with that, I'll hush up for the day (morning)
Old 12-15-2010, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

My name is Julie and I am finally ready to commit to weight loss for the first time in my life! 2011 is going to be MY year. MY year to focus on ME and nobody else!
I have 150 lbs to lose to get to the goal weight that I would like to be!

I find that I am a type of person that needs constant support etc... please feel free to message me and we can support one another!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and making our dreams come true!
Old 12-15-2010, 10:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Are you sure we aren't related. That pretty much sums up my entire life from 13-??!
Mine too, though I started a little younger. What the heck it wrong with us?

To make things even worse, my 17 y/o daughter is (surprise!) overweight. Sigh! With two obese parents she never had a chance.

All we can do is go from where we are right now and try to break this destructive cycle. Checking in here every day is a good start, I think.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-15-2010, 11:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by juliesaid2728
Hi Everyone,

My name is Julie and I am finally ready to commit to weight loss for the first time in my life! 2011 is going to be MY year. MY year to focus on ME and nobody else!
I have 150 lbs to lose to get to the goal weight that I would like to be!

I find that I am a type of person that needs constant support etc... please feel free to message me and we can support one another!

Looking forward to getting to know you all and making our dreams come true!
Hi Julie, and welcome!

We're a pretty friendly bunch, and all of us have know where you're at. Heck, after 8 months of 1500 calorie days, I'm almost down to where you're starting, so don't despair. Take one day at a time and the weight will peel off before you know it.

My advice is to pick a calorie level that is comfortable, a good mix of carbs/fat/protien and at a level that gives you a reasonable calorie deficit. Drink lots (and lots) of water and start exercising (it's tough to beat walking).

Keep us posted as to how things are going and don't hesitate to ask if you need help or advice.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-15-2010, 11:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by scoop715
December 14, 2010 - 277
December 14, 2011 - 150

That's a loss of ten pounds each month for one year -- to lose 120 in a year.
Scoop, welcome, and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

Don't be a stranger and keep us posted as to your progress.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-15-2010, 11:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by lynette185
Here's one...

Ali Lost 100 Pounds and Kept it Off for Five Years - That's Fit

And with that, I'll hush up for the day (morning)
Lynette, that is a good article. I'm going to start tracking down some too. Please post up any good ones you find. You and I are going to need some good advice and strategies in maintaing our losses soon enough.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-15-2010, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome, Scoop and Julie! Keep coming back and we'll be here to give support and advice. Just to underscore something Michael said that could be missed...check in here every day! Add some momentum to your commitment, and pretty soon you'll feel the wind at your back.

Good luck you two, and all.

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.