Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
Michael,

Was it you that I remember was celebrating being able to use your wii fit balance board?

I ask because to celebrate I bought myself a wii fit. I have been using the EA Sports active. I always wanted the wii fit, but knew I was too heavy. But now that I can honestly imagine being able to use the balance board, I thought I'd bite the bullet.

If it was you, were you able to use it at all before you got under 330lbs, or did you just have to wait it out? If it wasn't you, I'll go looking for who made that post.

Matt
Matt, yes, that was me. If you do a google search, there are a few ways to "fool" the Wii into letting you use the board if you are over the 330 limit. The board itself seems more than able to support the weight--it is more a software thing.

The method I used was to find a piece of heavy packing foam about an inch and a half thick and put it beneath the board--this takes enough stress off to make the Wii think you are lighter than you are.

Once you get under 330 and get rid of the workaround, the Wii will complain your weight has changed but will adjust.

I like the WiiFit Plus Step, Bicycle and Running the best, but some of the others are fun, too. I also have Tetris Party which you can play using the WiiFit board.

Have fun!
Michael

PS I have no doubt you'll be under the 330 mark within a few weeks, anyway :-)

Last edited by mecompco; 12-07-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Michael. I actually get a pretty good sweat out of the EA sports active, but it's not exactly fun, and it doesn't really have a balance component. My girlfriend loves the Golds Gym Cardio Boxing. I just wanted to have one that had a little fun to it.

If I stick to my program I'm hoping to be able to use the balance board without tricking it by the end of January. The wii can complain all it wants, I'm gonna be doing a happy dance
Old 12-08-2010, 01:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Debbie. Welcome to this forum, I'm new here too. Detroit, that's amazing news... I'm on Metformin now, diabetes scares the bejeebers outa me. You've given me a ray of hope that I can get back to healthy numbers again... thanks.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Believe me, Tyranna, if I can do it, you can. There are all these little rewards that keep coming. I'm getting addicted to the good feelings.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop eating due to stress? It has been one of my personal shortcomings, and I'm trying really hard to stop, but I'm having an extreemly bad day (I had to have my new, and now former roommate forcibly removed from the house today), and I'm in a really bad head space!

I would normally try to work it out through some sort of exercise, but it's been suggested that I stay close to the house for a few days to make sure that she doesn't try to cause harm to me or the property!!! I'm also trying to work through a lower back issue at the moment, so there can't be a lot of jarring motion involved.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated;
You've got to find "something" to do to keep your mind off the stress and off eating. A movie, read a book, talk to friends, go to bed, read FitDay posts--anything.

If you're hungry, drink some water, perhaps have a salad--that helps fill me up.

I hear you about the back issue--I had back spasms this summer that ended me up at the hospital--worst.pain.ever. To add insult to injury, they had to go get the "big" wheelchair and a burly security guard to get me out of the vehicle and into the chair.

Hope all goes well and your "problem" is gone for good.

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 12-09-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Thanks for the advice Michael,

I ended up watching TV and talking to my other roommate most of the night (she couldn't sleep either). After rehashing the past few days, we discovered that the person that had been placed in our home by the ward Bishop, wasn't actually a member of the church at all, and that it was a good possibility that she was also telling lies about why her kids were taken from her (and possibly about her true identity???). She did let it slip that she had at least one fellony on her record (in Texas), but we didn't hear what it was for.

Unfortunatley, this woman isn't quite gone yet. She will be returning at some point tonight to pick up the rest of "her things"...We have tried to safeguard the house as much as we can, and have removed all of the items that would easily fit into a suitcase that belong to us, but there is no garintee that this will be an easy transition.

My roommate and I have requested that the Bishop and some of the Priesthood members accompany her to make sure that there are no physical altercations, and to make sure that we get the key back. One of us will also be present while she is packing/loading her stuff. We are both praying that this will be the last time we ever see her.
How did things go, Jen? Hope you got the nut case out of your life for good--no one needs that extra stress. Have a great day!

Michael
Old 12-09-2010, 08:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Happened to glance down in the shower this morning, and what did I see?

My feet!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 11:15 PM
FitDay Member

!!!! Michael!!!! That's got to be exciting. Won't be long before you see what everyone thought you were gonna say

Your post reminded me of my experience this morning. I woke up, sat in front of the computer, felt an itch on my back, and thought, "that feels strange. What's wrong with my shoulder? Oh...I have a shoulder! I have a muscle going from my neck to my shoulder. It's all firm and stuff. Where did that come from?"
Old 12-09-2010, 11:18 PM
FitDay Member

Jen...I didn't see your post, but I'm interested in others' answers about strategies for dealing with stress. I was also always a stress eater. I've just been fortunate not to be as stressed of late. I do, however, have tons of healthy stuff around the house these days, so I'm hoping that if I ever get in that mood I will munch on a bunch of celery or carrots.

Good luck with getting the roommate out of your life. You're smart to look for support and people to actually be there when she gets her stuff. I hope it went well and ends well for you.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:39 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DetroitBreakdown
!!!! Michael!!!! That's got to be exciting. Won't be long before you see what everyone thought you were gonna say

Your post reminded me of my experience this morning. I woke up, sat in front of the computer, felt an itch on my back, and thought, "that feels strange. What's wrong with my shoulder? Oh...I have a shoulder! I have a muscle going from my neck to my shoulder. It's all firm and stuff. Where did that come from?"
Ha ha--yup--I've also discovered a rib cage, collar bones, all kinds of previously hidden parts--where did those come from?

It's been a good week--very odd that all of a sudden "everyone" (I work at a school, so there are lots of co-workers) has mentioned my weight loss--hello--it took over 100 lbs before anyone noticed (or dared to bring it up)? You know you've probably let things go a tiny bit too far if you can lose 100 lbs and nobody notices

Anyweigh, was feeling "light" so weighed in this morning to a nice 4 lb. loss so at 306 I think I'm in pretty good shape to ring in the New Year at under 300 lbs. and say goodbye to the "three hundreds" (hopefully) forever.

Have a great day everyone!

Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.