The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 05:28 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys. I guess I just need to hear some encouragement sometimes. That's why I love this place so much. I'm definitely stressed, but I know I'll get there, and some good relaxation is probably just what I need. Get my mind off it, and I just bet it'll happen before I know it.

I've had to do this before, and I think this situation calls for it also... That's right. I'm putting my game-face on.

<--- Here it is. Game face.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Haven't posting in a little while but things have been going well on the eating and working out front. I have continued to lose at a steady pace, I am the lowest I have been for a very long time.

It has been a really emotional couple of weeks as I have had finally begun to deal with some personal issues which have been the core cause of a lot of my problems with food (which I have used\abused as a coping mechanism). While it has been very difficult time in my life, the future is much brighter, and I can see the silver lining on the clouds.

Virus, be patient and you will be under 300 in no time (I hope to be there soon myself!!!)

May 10, 2011 - Starting weight - 341
June 22, 2011 - current weight - 307

July 3, 2010 - Near term Goal 2 - 305
June 10, 1010 - Near term Goal 1 - 320 (Met!)
Long term goal - under 200
Total Lost: 34 Lbs
Old 06-22-2011, 08:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default I'm back!

After having swine flu at Christmas I really struggled to get my mojo back and the result has been that I've gained around 20lbs in the last 6 months. Still been going to the gym, but my food addiction came back fiercely and I was unable to control what went into my mouth. Over the last couple of weeks I went back over 250lbs and I was completely mad at myself. Since then I've been fighting tooth and nail with myself to control cravings and get back in the game. It's a struggle everyday, but I'm hoping that by caring enough to come back here, be accountable and be inspired by everyone that I'll see a reason to continue. Also, I'm getting married to Mr Boo next September 1st, and I'm determined not to be massive in our wedding photos!
I hope you'll all have me back! Glad to see some familiar faces on the board still, and new ones too! xxxx
Old 06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
After having swine flu at Christmas I really struggled to get my mojo back and the result has been that I've gained around 20lbs in the last 6 months. Still been going to the gym, but my food addiction came back fiercely and I was unable to control what went into my mouth. Over the last couple of weeks I went back over 250lbs and I was completely mad at myself. Since then I've been fighting tooth and nail with myself to control cravings and get back in the game. It's a struggle everyday, but I'm hoping that by caring enough to come back here, be accountable and be inspired by everyone that I'll see a reason to continue. Also, I'm getting married to Mr Boo next September 1st, and I'm determined not to be massive in our wedding photos!
I hope you'll all have me back! Glad to see some familiar faces on the board still, and new ones too! xxxx
Felicity, good to see you back! And congrats on your upcoming nuptials--how exciting!

In my life I've found that major life changes can be a great motivator to lose weight so keeping your mind on the wedding could be very good for you and helping to stay in control.

Now, what can we do to keep control of those cravings? I know I still get hit with the desire to pig-out once in a while and I know how it can just wash over you like a tidal wave. I get my mind onto something else immediately and that seems to work. I also have a "zero tolerance" for those useless foods that are my major weakness--basically sweets and baked goods. Now I "think" I could eat one and not go crazy, but why tempt fate? Crap like that is just useless calories anyway. Sure they taste good for a few seconds but I just don't think it's worth it.

So, welcome back to the fold, and just say the word if there's anything we can do to help.

Regards,
Michael

PS Continuing with the workouts is great--losing control of eating AND stopping exercise is a recipe for disaster (I've been there, done that, and still have the 8x T-shirts for proof).
Old 06-22-2011, 09:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by NYCMike
Haven't posting in a little while but things have been going well on the eating and working out front. I have continued to lose at a steady pace, I am the lowest I have been for a very long time.

It has been a really emotional couple of weeks as I have had finally begun to deal with some personal issues which have been the core cause of a lot of my problems with food (which I have used\abused as a coping mechanism). While it has been very difficult time in my life, the future is much brighter, and I can see the silver lining on the clouds.

Virus, be patient and you will be under 300 in no time (I hope to be there soon myself!!!)

May 10, 2011 - Starting weight - 341
June 22, 2011 - current weight - 307

July 3, 2010 - Near term Goal 2 - 305
June 10, 1010 - Near term Goal 1 - 320 (Met!)
Long term goal - under 200
Total Lost: 34 Lbs
Mike, sounds like you're doing pretty good, and congrats on the June goal!

As one who has had a life-long history of abusing food, I hear 'ya. Guys like us just need to learn to deal with life/stress/whatever in other ways. Obviously, like drugs and alcohol, misusing food can have disasterous results.

Keep up the great work--you'll be in the "twos" before you know it!

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Felicity, good to see you back! And congrats on your upcoming nuptials--how exciting!

In my life I've found that major life changes can be a great motivator to lose weight so keeping your mind on the wedding could be very good for you and helping to stay in control.

Now, what can we do to keep control of those cravings? I know I still get hit with the desire to pig-out once in a while and I know how it can just wash over you like a tidal wave. I get my mind onto something else immediately and that seems to work. I also have a "zero tolerance" for those useless foods that are my major weakness--basically sweets and baked goods. Now I "think" I could eat one and not go crazy, but why tempt fate? Crap like that is just useless calories anyway. Sure they taste good for a few seconds but I just don't think it's worth it.

So, welcome back to the fold, and just say the word if there's anything we can do to help.

Regards,
Michael

PS Continuing with the workouts is great--losing control of eating AND stopping exercise is a recipe for disaster (I've been there, done that, and still have the 8x T-shirts for proof).
Thanks Michael! It's been tough, but I'm not a person who likes to waste money so I've been dragging myself to the gym no matter what! I've made friends at the gym as well and I continue to enjoy my classes so it's made it easier. And even though I had been eating really badly, I was determined not to return to the stage where it hurt to run up stairs!

Good to see you're still here and being successful in your weight loss!!! You must look fab. x
Old 06-22-2011, 11:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
Thanks Michael! It's been tough, but I'm not a person who likes to waste money so I've been dragging myself to the gym no matter what! I've made friends at the gym as well and I continue to enjoy my classes so it's made it easier. And even though I had been eating really badly, I was determined not to return to the stage where it hurt to run up stairs!

Good to see you're still here and being successful in your weight loss!!! You must look fab. x
Yes, eating well and not exercising is OK. Exercising and eating poorly is not as good, but still better than eating poorly and not exercising--it takes longer to get into serious trouble. I know you're back on track now and that is great. I'm glad you've not given in to the "all or nothing thinking" that has derailed so many (myself included) in the past. In the whole scheme of things, 20 pounds is nothing and I'll bet you see that gone in a month or two (if not sooner).

I did post a "before" and "during" pic back around the 5th of May on my one-year anniversary of the lifestyle change--it's over in the Success Stories subforum. I'm about 20 lbs lighter now than in that pic so I'll take another "during" shot soon.

Regards,
Michael
Old 06-23-2011, 04:00 AM
FitDay Member

A tip that I find useful is. GO to Hardee's (yeah I know, but bear with me!) Order the Turkey Burger PATTY ONLY. Here where I live it is only $1.25 I eat the patty, get my protein and feel full! For a buck and a quarter!

You must specify patty only and they will have a bit of a time finding it the first time, BUT it is there! I know tell them where to look and they find it.. (you have to select turkey burger and then other!)

All my best!

Bill in KC
Old 06-23-2011, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Yes, eating well and not exercising is OK. Exercising and eating poorly is not as good, but still better than eating poorly and not exercising--it takes longer to get into serious trouble. I know you're back on track now and that is great. I'm glad you've not given in to the "all or nothing thinking" that has derailed so many (myself included) in the past. In the whole scheme of things, 20 pounds is nothing and I'll bet you see that gone in a month or two (if not sooner).

I did post a "before" and "during" pic back around the 5th of May on my one-year anniversary of the lifestyle change--it's over in the Success Stories subforum. I'm about 20 lbs lighter now than in that pic so I'll take another "during" shot soon.

Regards,
Michael
Yup, you look fab! Awesome job!!!

I've not been in serious trouble thankfully, and I half expected to backslide at some stage. Can't be too upset about 20lbs, it could've been much worse as you said. Plus I've not gained enough inches for it to make a visual difference. My fitness level is pretty good and I'm not afraid to sweat and hurt during workouts. I'm doing things now that I never thought I could, and loving it!
Old 06-23-2011, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Michael, things are going well. I went from 18 months of disaster mode to 6 weeks of 'normalcy' and it feels good and I am NOT going back to where I was... period.

I want to see these before and after pics of you, I need the motivation... where are they again? I looked in the success stories but couldn't find the thread you were talking about...

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.