The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
I have being doing well with my tracking, discipline and calorie deficit...resulting in progressive weight loss over the last 3 months. On March 30th, I hit the 50lb loss mark. However by April 1st, the scales were telling me I had gained 6lbs of it back and by this am it is telling me I have gained 10lbs of it back. I weigh my self about 4 times a week so the March 30th, was not a sudden drop, but a gradual process.

I have bm's daily. I have maintained a minimum 1,000 calorie deficit every day. I exercise regularly and track everything...I have been following the Canada Food Guide and eliminated all process foods except fat free salad dressings, whole wheat pitas and whole wheat wraps. Everything else is from scratch and fresh. Sodium is tracked and low. My calories balance is 35p/25f/40c

I have had no periods since 2005 post-hysterectomy.

The scales have always been reliable. Thoughts are appreciated.
Hmmm... First of all congratulations on hitting 50 pounds! That's magnificent. As far as why you're having these regains, I'm not sure. It certainly sounds like you're doing all the right things. All I can think of to do is to go over your diet with a fine tooth comb, and make sure you're not getting any hidden calories in there. Just as an example, you don't use any "zero calorie" butter sprays or oil sprays or anything like that do you? I only ask because that's been a common problem for me in the past. They're not really zero calories, and if you spray a lot, then the calories that are there can add up fast.

Just hang in there, and keep your head up. You've done so well.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Jacqueline I think you might have to do even more exercise, and eat even more strict. Remember that fat burns calories, we are carrying around all this weight making even the easiest things a little be harder. After lose 50lbs, you won't be burning as many calories as you were when you were 50lb bigger. You might want to lift some more weights to gain more muscle. Muscle is whats going to maintain our metabolisms when all the fat is gone. So maybe instead of trying to lose weight at this very minute, you should try to GAIN some more muscle? Also that could be exactly what your body is doing actually. If I were in your situation I'd work out more and try different types of work outs and diets. Keep measuring yourself though, sometimes you'll gain weight, or stay the same weight but still be losing size. As long as you are pushing yourself with your workouts, and eating healthy I don't think you would have gained fat. Anyways I'm still a newbie, but I hope this helps.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Also today was my weigh in I am 240.6, I've lost 1.2lbs over the week. YAY
I'm losing pretty slowly right now, but I'm happy to be losing something no matter how small.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Misery16226
Also today was my weigh in I am 240.6, I've lost 1.2lbs over the week. YAY
I'm losing pretty slowly right now, but I'm happy to be losing something no matter how small.
Great work Misery! That brings your loss down to about 10 pounds now doesn't it? Keep it up, and before you know it those 10 pounds become 20.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Virus, ♥ ^-^
Old 04-04-2011, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VirusInside
Hmmm... First of all congratulations on hitting 50 pounds! That's magnificent. As far as why you're having these regains, I'm not sure. It certainly sounds like you're doing all the right things. All I can think of to do is to go over your diet with a fine tooth comb, and make sure you're not getting any hidden calories in there. Just as an example, you don't use any "zero calorie" butter sprays or oil sprays or anything like that do you? I only ask because that's been a common problem for me in the past. They're not really zero calories, and if you spray a lot, then the calories that are there can add up fast.

Just hang in there, and keep your head up. You've done so well.
Thanks for the suggestion. I do review my intake very closely. In fact, I log my food before it goes in my mouth or before I plan a meal. With regards to sprays, I avoid the whole issue by only using a micro, grill or steamer to cook my food. NO additives, sprays or fats added. All the extra taste comes from herbs or spices (fresh not processed). I am sure this is 'one of those plateaus' or things...it is just frustrating. My deficiets have ranged from -1000 to -1500 on any given day. A math wiz would say there is no way I am gaining 10lbs. The scales say different. I am wondering if we have somehow damaged the scales? Anways, I have increased my cardio today and will continue with the weights. I am still obese despite the 50lb loss and it shouldn't take so much to loose let alone maintain. Oh well. I feel good. I appreciate the support and am open to other thoughts or strategies.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
I have being doing well with my tracking, discipline and calorie deficit...resulting in progressive weight loss over the last 3 months. On March 30th, I hit the 50lb loss mark. However by April 1st, the scales were telling me I had gained 6lbs of it back and by this am it is telling me I have gained 10lbs of it back. I weigh my self about 4 times a week so the March 30th, was not a sudden drop, but a gradual process.

I have bm's daily. I have maintained a minimum 1,000 calorie deficit every day. I exercise regularly and track everything...I have been following the Canada Food Guide and eliminated all process foods except fat free salad dressings, whole wheat pitas and whole wheat wraps. Everything else is from scratch and fresh. Sodium is tracked and low. My calories balance is 35p/25f/40c

I have had no periods since 2005 post-hysterectomy.

The scales have always been reliable. Thoughts are appreciated.
Jacqueline, with that deficit, there's no way it can be fat gain. My vote is for "fluid" retention, for whatever reason. I've seen big swings like that within a day or two myself--sometimes no rhyme or reason to it. I would just keep on doing what's been working, review sodium intake, perhaps and give it a few more days.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks Michael, Virus and Misery

I just needed to vent....I know that I need to hang in there and be patient. I am so task oriented with this lifestyle change that there is an expectation of results not boomerangs

Oh well....I feel good and am motivated to continue. If the past is an indicator or predictor of the future, one day I will wake up with a huge drop and be on the downward trend again.

Have a good evening. Off to do carido again.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default update, I feel great

I started a work weight loss challence Jan 4th. I started at 266.5 I started eating 1200 aprox calories a day, excercising 5x weekly. I also started running I can't say I really enjoy it but I do get a kick out of finishing a run and a great sense of accomplishment. I did my first group 5km on Sunday and I have signed up for a 8km in Vancouver in May.
I won the weight loss challange it ended on March 29. I lost 46 lbs
and feel great.
I would like to lose another 10 lbs before the run on May 1st.
I would love to join the lose 10% by July 4th.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:30 PM
FitDay Member

I attended my first 'learn to run' clinic today. I had forgotten how good it feels when you are finished running! Ya - I think I found a bit of that runner's high today
Julieann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.