The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 06:40 PM
FitDay Member

im new this forum i have been on this site for 2 wks and this forum caught my eye tell me what this is all about b/c im serious about losing weigh like 100 lbs thanx
Old 01-16-2011, 11:25 PM
FitDay Member

So after letting last week slide by with absolutely no success, I'm really back on it today. Did a new class this morning and felt completely sick about half way through. I can't believe that having swine flu could put me so far back. I'm back to huffing and puffing after running up stairs, it's a nightmare!

I'm doing one class each day this week to see how I handle it, and then next week I'm going back to full routine regardless. I've been giving into cravings and letting my diet slip, but I will not allow myself to ruin my exercise routine. Even if it takes the rest of my life to reach my goal I'm going to get there!
Old 01-17-2011, 12:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21

Good day my fitday friends,

Everyone seems do be doing great with their commitments to themselves this month. Congrats....I have purchased Fitday PC as an investment in me and love the program. The ability to put recipes in the custom foods is fabulous. My hubby and I are both now on the road to healthier people.

I am doing well with my mini-goals for January:
- Track food (15 days now and still going)
- Daily Activity ( 12/15 days)
- 8h sleep (14/15 days)
- Plan meals (actually doing this with my DH 15/15 days)

My challenge is in eating enough calories. I am aiming for about a 1000 daily calorie deficiet but averaging 1200-1400. I am eating lots of cabbage soup, and salads on weekends...fruits, yogurt and veggies during the week with a 500-600 cal dinner weeknights.

Well....one step at a time....clothes are fitting better, I can put my own socks on and I have more energy...

As I am using Fitday PC, I will be on-line less, but will check-in from time to time. Be kind to yourself, remember even an athlete takes a break in training...but they always go back...
Jacqueline, sounds like you are doing great. I've been tempted to try the FitDay PC version, but I use computers in at least four different locations and I love being able to log my food and check the forum anywhere I am.

Your food choices sound good--personally, if you are satisifed at a lower calorie level, I don't see a problem with it. I'm sure you are taking a vitamin supplement of some sort to fill in any nutrients you might be short on.

Keep it us!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-17-2011, 12:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by dreamergirl27
Last night was my first real tempting day. We had company and I made one of my favorite desserts - first mistake! After dinner the drinks came out and I thought, I already really blew it with dessert, why not?? I ended up going over my calorie count hugely, but for the first time in a long time I let the day go and started over again.

Usually if I go 'off' and eating plan it is so hard to get back on track. That all or nothing thinking that I seem to have a tough time conquering. I'm happy to report that today I was back on track and all was good. Weigh in tomorrow... wish me luck!

Julieann
Julieann, that is awesome! AONT has taken me down many times in the past. I think I've put that mind trap behind me, but it's best to be vigilant.

Get right back on plan and don't look back. Let us know how your weigh-in goes, but don't despair if it's not good--I know when I eat something out of the ordinary it can mess up the scale for a day or two do to fluid retention or whatever.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-17-2011, 12:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nykolel
im new this forum i have been on this site for 2 wks and this forum caught my eye tell me what this is all about b/c im serious about losing weigh like 100 lbs thanx
Well, we're a loose-knit, wacky bunch of folks who live in NYC and frequent this coffee shop--oh, wait, that was "Friends"--sorry!

Seriously, we're all here in this thread because we have 100 or more pounds to lose (or did have). We all do our own thing eating and exercise plan wise--no rules or regulations.

This is a nice place to be as we all know the challenges of being very overweight. Of course most everyone on FitDay is here to lose weight, but unless you've been 100, 200 or more pounds overweight, you "just don't understand" some of the problems. Basically, we've all been there, done that.

So, post up if you want. We're here to support one another, offer advice and have fun.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-17-2011, 12:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WeightlossBoo
So after letting last week slide by with absolutely no success, I'm really back on it today. Did a new class this morning and felt completely sick about half way through. I can't believe that having swine flu could put me so far back. I'm back to huffing and puffing after running up stairs, it's a nightmare!

I'm doing one class each day this week to see how I handle it, and then next week I'm going back to full routine regardless. I've been giving into cravings and letting my diet slip, but I will not allow myself to ruin my exercise routine. Even if it takes the rest of my life to reach my goal I'm going to get there!
Felicity, good to see you back at it. Take it easy--you don't need any setbacks, that's for sure!

The losses will come, slowly but surely. Keep that prize in mind--imagine, you've only got 29 pounds to get into the "1s"! Now THAT will be a major milestone.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-17-2011, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to all the new posters. Personally I think it's very helpful being able to read about others taking on this 100+ pound deal. Since we all have to make a commitment to ourselves that will take months if not years, having a steady source of encouragement, especially for those days when you've lost sight of the finish line, has been really beneficial to me.

I've had a rough couple of days calorie-wise and today I find myself with a nasty giant carb monster riding my back. But I keep telling myself that it's the carb crash talking and not my stomach. Hopefully I can hold out long enough to beat the monster back into submission. My strategy is to stay busy all day and when I feel like I'm starving to death to drink a big glass of water.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:31 AM
FitDay Member

thanks michael for answering for me. i am 5'6 245 lbs i lost 2 lbs last week but gained it back i have a herniated didsc and its affecting the way i walk and i cant do a lot of exercises . is there an exercise i can do to help this problem
Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by nykolel
thanks michael for answering for me. i am 5'6 245 lbs i lost 2 lbs last week but gained it back i have a herniated didsc and its affecting the way i walk and i cant do a lot of exercises . is there an exercise i can do to help this problem
I feel for you--I have had back issues since I was a teen. Ended up at the hospital for a lower back muscle spasm this summer. Worst.pain.ever.

But, I don't know about any particular exercises. I seem to recall that building ab muscles is supposed to help your back, but I don't know how true that is. Basically taking it easy and resting is what always helped mine.

How is it walking? If you can do it, that's great. Walking is still my main form of exercise because I can do it during my lunch period at work. I do best with ridgid schedule.

Have you talked with a Dr. or PT? Perhaps someone with more knowledge will chime in here and give us more ideas. If you haven't, feel free to post in the Exercise subforum.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-17-2011, 07:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Minor Milestone

In the whole scheme of things, it's no biggie, but I was finally able to fasten my size 44 (Relaxed, of course) Levis today. Yup, they're still pretty snug over my belly, but I'm wearing 'em. Another 10 lbs. off and they'll be comfy.

I'll put my old size 60s on sometime and take that trite photo everyone likes to show off.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.