Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Hi everyone,

I haven't been able to read any of the posts since my last one on the 31st, but I thought I would let you know that I'm still alive...I'm having a horrible time trying to stay on any type of eating plan, as I'm still not able to prepare any of my own meals, and most of the stuff that we are eating has multiple ingredients, so I'm not sure how to log them .

It looks like I will be here until the end of March, or the beginning of April, but I'm hoping to have a computer with internet access soon .

Hope everyone is well
Jen
Sometimes you just have to guesstimate those multiple ingredient foods.

It looks like just when you get back home to normal, I will be leaving to look after my mother.

My one advantage in looking after my mother is that her dietary needs are very similar to my own and I will be cooking.

Hope to get to know you sometime in May or June.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:21 PM
FitDay Member

Good to hear from you, Jen. I hope everything went well with your mom's surgery, and her recovery goes well.

I'm sorry to hear this has been so frustrating for you. It can be really hard to track when you're away from home and getting a lot of unfamiliar ingredients. Just do your best, and try to find like foods in the search feature.

If you're away from your tools, and have limited choices about what you eat, just try to focus on portions, and getting some exercise.

Stay strong and positive if you can. You're doing a great thing to take care of your mom, and I hope you find a bit of time to take care of yourself.

Matt
Old 01-14-2011, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone, Michael suggested I check this thread out and I have read a few comments but couldn't read them all. This sounds like a great group for me. I started over again by joining Fitday 1/4/11 and my goal was to lose 100lbs by next 1/5/12. That's a year and it's also when I turn 50 yrs old. So this is definitely the year I need to get it together and get this weight back off. I lost 65 lbs before on WW (3 yrs ago) and it's all back. I did very well on that program but cannot make the weekly meetings. This site offers daily/hourly/ moment by moment support and I think this is more of what I need. I have to share my daily success already today. The lady in my office that is the "food pusher" came around saying she brought Krisp Kreme doughnuts for everybody. She says "I know you probably don't want any but I wanted to let you know they are in my office" I was so proud of my MIND when I realized my first thought was "That won't make me into the person I want to be!" Wow I am amazed that I didn't start to do the math to see if I could work one in. I made it through this temptation and I can do this, I know I can.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jwonsch
Hey everyone, Michael suggested I check this thread out and I have read a few comments but couldn't read them all. This sounds like a great group for me. I started over again by joining Fitday 1/4/11 and my goal was to lose 100lbs by next 1/5/12. That's a year and it's also when I turn 50 yrs old. So this is definitely the year I need to get it together and get this weight back off. I lost 65 lbs before on WW (3 yrs ago) and it's all back. I did very well on that program but cannot make the weekly meetings. This site offers daily/hourly/ moment by moment support and I think this is more of what I need. I have to share my daily success already today. The lady in my office that is the "food pusher" came around saying she brought Krisp Kreme doughnuts for everybody. She says "I know you probably don't want any but I wanted to let you know they are in my office" I was so proud of my MIND when I realized my first thought was "That won't make me into the person I want to be!" Wow I am amazed that I didn't start to do the math to see if I could work one in. I made it through this temptation and I can do this, I know I can.
Janice, glad you made it over here. We're all in the same boat--100+ to lose so we understand the challenges!

There's no reason you can't say goodbye to that extra 100 in a year--perhaps less if you work it hard. Have you done the math to see what calorie deficeit you'll need to maintain to support that amount of loss in that time frame?

Congrats on passing the pastry by--moments on the lips, years on the hips, as they say.

As a (reforming) compulsive eater and carb freak, I find it best to just simply abstain from deserts/sweets entirely. There is nothing really "off limits" in my plan, as long as calories remain in check, but that stuff is like an alcoholic having "just one beer" to me. So, best to avoid it.

It sounds simplistic, but I've found the words "No, thank you" to be very effective when offered junk (and working in a school, there is a lot of it). It takes a bit of practice, but it gets easier and easier. Eventually, most people will get the hint and stop asking.

One last bit of advice, and having been down this road before, I'm sure you already know to focus on losing that next pound and don't worry about the 99 that come after it. Losing one pound is easy--then just repeat as neccessary!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-14-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Yes Michael it's true I like the new math 1+1 will eventually = 100 and I think I will add "No thank you" into my morning journal. "No thank you" to things that don't make me a better person! Yep I think I can get ahold of that. Hey I'm writing my next years birthday song... Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me I now like what I see Happy birthday to me. Maybe I can sing that on my birthday next year.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jwonsch
Yes Michael it's true I like the new math 1+1 will eventually = 100 and I think I will add "No thank you" into my morning journal. "No thank you" to things that don't make me a better person! Yep I think I can get ahold of that. Hey I'm writing my next years birthday song... Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me I now like what I see Happy birthday to me. Maybe I can sing that on my birthday next year.
Janice, I like it!

I'll be 47 in May, and somewhere around 170 pounds lighter than I was last May. I probably won't be totally happy with what I see, but definitly an improvement!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-14-2011, 06:29 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow Getting my feet wet

Hi everybody! I decided to get my feet wet and attempt a post. A little about me: I was thin until I got chronically ill at 32. I was put on steroids and antidepressants and gained over 100lbs in a year. Losing weight has always been ellusive to me. Having begun my life as a thin person I have spent a large amount of time hating myself and how I look since I got sick. I also wasn't accustomed to "watching what I ate". I resented it and became rebellious, only hurting myself and gaining more weight because of it. I've finally calmed down and I actually realize it will take me almost a year and a half to lose my weight and that I will be fighting this battle for the rest of my life. That is a tough pill to swallow for me. But here I am for better or worse. I have to admit I do need support...also hard for me to admit. So I came here because counting calories is the only way Ive had success in the past and it's cheap. Look forward to getting to know a few of you. I like the saying 1+1 eventually leads to one hundred or in my case 127.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Xoey! You found the right forum/board everyone here knows the battle you are facing. You don't have to do it alone. You can get back to the person you once were and hopefully your health problems will get better too as you do this. I feel confident if you continue to share with people with the similar challenges you will find the strength you are longing for.
Psalms 16:11
Old 01-14-2011, 07:01 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Jumping In

I have been putting off my list of resolutions until I could really come up with some that made sense to me. I knew this morning that I wanted to be a part of the 100 lb club by the end of the year, meaning I wanted to lose at least 100 lbs by year end.

I was searching for resources and support on the internet and came across FitDay and this thread. I am glad I found you guys. I know this 100+ journey with people who are of have been in my shoes will be a supportive one. This year, I will get to my goal no matter what but it is so nice to have others on the course with you. Good luck to each one of you.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:10 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 1bellama
I have been putting off my list of resolutions until I could really come up with some that made sense to me. I knew this morning that I wanted to be a part of the 100 lb club by the end of the year, meaning I wanted to lose at least 100 lbs by year end.

I was searching for resources and support on the internet and came across FitDay and this thread. I am glad I found you guys. I know this 100+ journey with people who are of have been in my shoes will be a supportive one. This year, I will get to my goal no matter what but it is so nice to have others on the course with you. Good luck to each one of you.
Welcome! And yes, you've come to the right place. When I started back in May I was well over 400 pounds--last Saturday I was at 293. And if I can do that, I know you can too. So there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel!

You need to come up with an eating plan that you can stick to that provides you with a decent calorie deficeit per day. In other words, you need to burn more calories than you eat.

Eventually, when you're physically able, some form of exercise will help keep the weight coming off and help increase your metabolism.

If you need any help, please don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.