The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Felicity, sorry to hear about your Mom--I hope both of you mend up quickly.

Jenn, hope your Mom heals up quickly as well and is able to retain her employment.

Lynette, I know you know better than to let other people control what you do and how you feel. I'll admit other people sometimes bother me as well, but this is too important a battle to let anyone interfere with it.

IDK what advice to offer about emotional/comfort eating--I've been there and done that. I guess just to remember that it's only a minor setback and just water under the bridge. I know you'll get back on plan as soon as things improve.

I'm on vacation 'till the 3rd. so need to keep busy--I find it much easier to avoid eating if my mind is occupied. The scale is still hovering around 300 lbs.--I'm hoping to see it dip permanently into the 200s this week. I do have my planned monthly "cheat day" coming up, but not until my mini goal is firmly met.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-23-2010, 10:07 PM
FitDay Member

Felicity, sounds awful. I wish you and your mom the speediest of complete recoveries.

Jen, I wish the best for your mom and hope she comes through well and can return to work.

I'm weighing in this morning because I'm hitting the road for about a week and will be away from my scale. Speaking of which, I had to replace it because I couldn't get a measure last week from the cheap thing I initially bought. I went out and got a higher quality scale and am back in business.

Low and behold, I got a beautiful 331lbs even. That seven pounds must be over the last two weeks because I gave myself a "stayed even" when I couldn't get a measure before. Maybe my old scale was off, or maybe it's just hard work I'm assuming I was at about 335 last week.

I'm thrilled to have met my first mini goal, and will be thrilled to keep even through the holidays when I'll reach that mini goal date.

I hope everyone and the ones they love have a happy and healthy holiday.

Matt
Old 12-25-2010, 03:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Merry Chirstmas, everyone. Hope you're all doing OK, even those who are under the weather.

Matt--great job--2011 is going to be a banner year for you, I know.

My scale rewarded me with a display of 299.5 lbs. this morning--was going to take a picture but every time I picked up the camera it put me back to 300

Anyway, by next Saturday I hope to be a little more firmly in the "200s".

Have a great day, fellow Losers!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-25-2010, 06:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Congrats to everyone who has met some sort of goal this week , my scale actually went in reverse a little, but I'm hoping to fix that soon. I hope everyone has a great day, and remembers the reason for the season .
Hi Jen--glad you checked in. Don't worry about a pound or two (or three), I've seen my scale jump up 5 lbs for a day, then be back where it should be the next day. It amazes me how much natural fluctuation there can be, especially if I've eaten more sodium than usual.

We'll all hit the ground running in January when all the celebrating is done!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-25-2010, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone,

Hope you're all having a joyous Christmas so far.
I was hoping to be able to weigh myself just to see if by a miracle I made my Christmas goal, but my scales are woefully inaccurate and I usually use the ones at the gym, so never mind! I just hope that I'm never this ill around Christmas time again..
Congrats to everyone on reaching their own personal Christmas goals! May your success continue into the New Year and beyond. I am raising a glass of orange squash your way. x
Old 12-25-2010, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Joining in if it is ok with everyone.

My scale said 330 yesterday morning. However, I know I am holding a little extra water weight right now because I can feel it in my fingers. It could be worse though.

My first big goal is pretty wide. 270 - 300 lbs by July 23.

I was asked to sign up to be a teen camp counselor and although the camp is not large, I need the stamina to endure a week of it. With good all terrain shoes, inserts and loose clothing I can handle the week of dust and sleep deprivation, but I am not sure about keeping up to 85 teenagers.

I would not usually consider starting a diet or fitness regime at this time of year, but I was just asked last week.

In a way I have already started. I began portion controlling the food that I put on the table. Everyone in the family is overweight but I can only do so much for the rest of them.

I will fix up my signature later.

Annette
Old 12-26-2010, 01:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Annette, I agree with Jen in that I think smaller goals are a good idea. There is something about our minds that look at a big goal as something unobtainable--like losing 100 (or 200+ in my case). I think our brains deal better with goals that can be reached more quickly (it's probably something to do with "instant gratification" that helped us get into this predicament in the first place).

I've been doing 10% of body weight goals lately with good success. Some folks count the "10s" with major goals of 50s and 100s. I'm currently working on my next 10% to get down to 270 by April 1st.

I find it really helps to decide on a calorie level and do the math to figure out how much weight you can reasonable expect to lose given your metabolism and lifestyle.

Anyway, welcome to our 100+ thread--we all know the challanges you're facing.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-26-2010, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you Jen and Michael.

While I understand the concept of mini goals, I am not sure they are good for me. I believe I have to convince myself that I will never be finished because however I eat and move to begin losing, has to be longterm.
We do have to look at how we got this way to ensure that we do not go there again. I know my downfall is lack of scheduling. When my kids were young, I would get up in the morning and start my day, based on them. Their breakfast, their clothing, their homework, their bag lunch, laundry in, dishes out, to work on time. On the way home later that day, I would realize that I had skipped breakfast, worked through lunch and was about to grab a Timmy's donut to get me through until after whatever youth group was that night.

My allergies prevent me from picking up donuts anymore, so more often I just go without. But then I find myself grazing through the kitchen. My kitchen is not very grazable. Then best I can find is a handful of raisins.

So, today I start with just recording what I do eat. The only difference so far this morning, is I started with water instead of coffee.

Hopefully I have a plan of attack within the week.

Annette
Old 12-26-2010, 03:00 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Glad to hear you are working on your plan, Annette. Whether it's a big goal or a small one, it is the day-to-day success that is important.

I wholeheartedly agree about a permanent lifestyle change--like many here, this is not my first time at the major weight loss rodeo. I do hope to make it my last.

Like you, I am a creature of habit--I don't do so well with unstructured time (like right now, being on vacation) but I do find that journaling my food and thoughts here helps immensely.

Funny you mention Timmy's--I assume that's Tim Hortons? My daughter works at our local one. I don't do donuts, but I do get a sandwich and chili there every once in a while. Allergies aside, at least they do have some fairly calorie conscious choices.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-26-2010, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Michael,

Yes, it is Tim Horton's. We quit going there when soy became a ingredient in the donuts because it is too much of a temptation for my granddaughter, who is allergic to soy. For me, I can only go in when they are having a slow day. The more nut products being moved around, the more likely I will have hives just from standing in line.
Once my van broke down on the road, half blocking the local Timmy's. I had just had a fasting blood test, but I could not have breakfast until I got home. Now I carry nut/gluten free granola bars in my van, along with vermicelli and water for a quick lunch. As long as the van has power, I can heat water to cook it.
No, I am not gluten free, but my granddaughter is and I have her a lot when school is out.

Time to wake up the family.

Annette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.