Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 11:21 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by FrankCPF
I take all the small victories I can get. Saturday evening I went to dinner with friends and my one and only, they wanted to seat us in a booth. For me that hasnt been an option for years,I simply didnt fit or was wedged in so tight I couldnt possibly enjoy myself. I resisted at first,but there was a large table of rowdys and the 4 of us wanted to be able to talk without screaming,so I said OK lets give it a shot. I expected to have to be reseated immediately upon trying,but to my surprise I fit. And comfortably!! Now I could never have done that 6months ago, not a chance! A small victory. Today I had to grocery shop and for some reason Im craving something. There are some things I just cant get as I dont have the willpower to not eat the entire bag/box or can. I resisted the Doritos, I resisted the $1 a carton chocolate milk(though of all I suppose that coulda been the best of a bad lot),I resisted the other potatoe chips and even rice cakes(I know a few aint bad but these have 12 so why tempt fate). In the end I got nothing that I might binge on, a small victory, I must feel good about. Fresh fruit of some sort will be my reward. The walk to and from the grocery store would have been in vain otherwise. What will tomorrows small victory be?
Frank, those booths are pretty comfy, eh? I don't know how many times in the past waitresses would try to stuff me into a tiny booth--HELLO!

Congrats on avoiding the goodies! I'm almost two years sweets-free and it does get easier. The bad news is that I was REALLY bad at camp this weekend--but, I'm right back at it and THAT is a major difference between this time and previous weight loss journies for me.

Keep it up, and keep us posted!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Bye Bye 10 pounds! Halfway to my first min-goal!
Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default This Retread is back

Good day fitday friends,

My last post was September 22nd. I have not been tracking input or output since then but consciously tried to maintain (other than the holidays). I am up 10lbs. And ready to turn the switch on and finish the weight loss journey. Wish me strength and courage to succeed.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Good day fitday friends,

My last post was September 22nd. I have not been tracking input or output since then but consciously tried to maintain (other than the holidays). I am up 10lbs. And ready to turn the switch on and finish the weight loss journey. Wish me strength and courage to succeed.
Jacqueline, good to see you back!

Hey, 10 pounds is "nothing"--you'll take that off in two or three weeks now that you're back on track. It could have been MUCH worse (and would be for me if I stopped tracking for that long).

Don't be a stranger!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-19-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

Hello All,

I'm a retread to this site beginning again after another failed attempt at losing weight...sigh...but at least I'm here. I'm a 54 year old female living in the beautiful State of Utah. I work full time at a desk job and since I work out in the boonies, my company provides a free hot meal every day for lunch which comes with a fresh baked dessert. Herein lies my weight gain. Willpower has not been in my vocabulary for the past 3 years.

So I am back now once again making the conscious effort to lose 100 pounds. My current weight is 250 and I'm 5'5".

I'm looking forward to sharing in the encouragement I see you all giving each other.

Jeanette
Old 01-19-2012, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi ovlady! How generous of your company to provide hot meals...not a perk we get too often in my experience. Dessert would be a temptation for me too! At my last job we had potluck/pitch in meals about twice a month. I gained a lot of weight that way.

I need to lose about 120 lbs to get to a healthy BMI. I'm 5 ft even and I currently weigh 235. I'm down 10 lbs so far. I have to say, this website is a great tool for weight loss. I also do not restrict myself from any food, but I count it in my calories for the day. Maybe that will work for you so you can take advantage of your company's benefit. Or maybe bring your lunch three days a week and eat at work twice a week? I would have a hard time not eating dessert if I ate the meal provided. I know you will find a solution that works for you!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Jacqueline, good to see you back!

Hey, 10 pounds is "nothing"--you'll take that off in two or three weeks now that you're back on track. It could have been MUCH worse (and would be for me if I stopped tracking for that long).

Don't be a stranger!

Regards,
Michael
Thanks Michael.

Wow.......look at your progress. You must feel fabulous. I am so impressed and inspired.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

As of Jan. 18th after my workout I weighed in at 505 lbs. Down from 558 at the Dr. office on Dec. 11th. 53 lbs. in 32 days. I feel great! However, after my workout last night (Jan.25th), I'm still at 505. Could I have hit a plateau this soon? Maybe I'm just impatient? I have been keeping my calories around 1500 - 1700, depending on if I work out that day. and I have been hitting the gym 2 - 3 times a week, plus walking a lot more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by memiller1; 01-26-2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by memiller1
As of Jan. 18th after my workout I weighed in at 505 lbs. Down from 558 at the Dr. office on Dec. 11th. 53 lbs. in 32 days. I feel great! However, after my workout last night (Jan.25th), I'm still at 505. Could I have hit a plateau this soon? Maybe I'm just impatient? I have been keeping my calories around 1500 - 1700, depending on if I work out that day. and I have been hitting the gym 2 - 3 times a week, plus walking a lot more. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Well, my loses were never really "linear". I'd tend to perhaps lose a pound, maybe two, sometimes none in a week. Generally, the next week I'd see a BIG drop--five or six pounds sometimes, especially when I was in the 400s.

Remember, it takes a calorie deficit of 3500 to burn one pound of fat ON AVERAGE. Not every pound of fat is the same, and not every body seems to lose at exactly the same rate.

Also, I can still have weight swings of several pounds from one day to the next, due I suppose to fluid retention. If you happen to weigh in on a day you're "up", that might be part of the problem.

And of course, like S&^%, plateaus do happen to the best of us. If you KNOW you've kept a major calorie deficit, then you WILL lose weight--that's the magic of tracking everything in FitDay.

So I guess my advice it to keep doing what you're doing for another week and see what happens. If you're still not losing, perhaps consider a different calorie mix--I know it shouldn't matter, but some people do seem to lose more quickly on various carb/fat/protein calorie mixes.

Oh, and drink more water!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the advice Michael. Ultimately, I'm sure I'm just being impatient. Regardless, I plan on sticking with it to see what happens before I change anything. I continue to drink about 7 or 8 bottles of water a day. If nothing else, I will schedule an appointment with the trainer & change up my workout if needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.