The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Michael, thanks so much for your reply. I think you're absolutely right about my protein intake. I'm stuck at work today but will be better prepared for tomorrow. I think I'm upwards of 3000 calories up until yesterday so going down to 2000 doesn't seem quite so formidable. I will set my goal for 1500 - 1600 though. I think it's doable on a rational level, it just doesn't seem emotionally doable just yet. Baby steps. Large, thundering baby steps but baby steps all the same.
Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by tyranna
Michael, thanks so much for your reply. I think you're absolutely right about my protein intake. I'm stuck at work today but will be better prepared for tomorrow. I think I'm upwards of 3000 calories up until yesterday so going down to 2000 doesn't seem quite so formidable. I will set my goal for 1500 - 1600 though. I think it's doable on a rational level, it just doesn't seem emotionally doable just yet. Baby steps. Large, thundering baby steps but baby steps all the same.
By all means, find a calorie level you can live with comfortably--it's better to lose slowly then to get so hungry you're tempted to "cheat" or even worse, give up. Just make sure you are eating "good" food--no junk and don't waste your calories on simple carbs, sugar, caloric beverages, etc.

Oh, and keep us posted as to your progress!

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-20-2011, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I am on week 8 and seem to be doing pretty well...

I have taken the advise of Michael and others and it does seem to get a bit easier the more time you have under your belt..

Thanks everyone..

On to week 9..
Old 12-20-2011, 03:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

it sure does, got to take it one day at a time....and each time you weigh and see it coming off, it gives you that much more reason to continue...
Old 12-24-2011, 10:12 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Merry Christmas, friends!

Hope you all have a safe and fun holiday but let's not throw our lifestyle changes totally out the window and be right back on track once things get back to normal.

On a personal note, just took a little trip down FitDay memory lane--Christmas of 2010 saw me at 298 pounds, so 116 pounds lighter this Christmas. What could be a better present?

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-25-2011, 12:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

i didn't do too bad for christmas, i still kept a 500 calorie deficit for the day, not as good as i normally do, but better than eating more than i burned...
Old 12-25-2011, 12:17 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by clay7160
i didn't do too bad for christmas, i still kept a 500 calorie deficit for the day, not as good as i normally do, but better than eating more than i burned...
Good job, Clay. I figure I'm at about a 300 cal deficit for the day, but I am estimating Christmas dinner so it might go either way.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-26-2011, 02:36 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm back to a 1630 calorie deficit today and back on track. I have to work nights this whole weekend should be easy to stay on track for the 1st of the year since i met my 2011 goal 1 month early, 2012 should be a great year....now to see how much i can lose for my 20 year high school reunion. I am thinking by my current loses that i might be able to get down between 200-220lbs by August. Can't wait for the warmer weather to start back on my fixie and mountain bike.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Hello!!! I am new to this site....I am 23 and i currently weigh 225 lbs, i was at 242, so down 17!!! i am 5' 2" and a healthy weight for my height is in the 130s...so not totally sure if i'm concidered "need to lose 100+" but i would love to have people to talk to and check in with. I've tried hundreds of ways to lose weight and always give up after losing 10 so i'm doing better this time. I think counting calories is the best way for me to go, and this site is super helpful.
Old 12-28-2011, 02:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by HanPik1
Hello!!! I am new to this site....I am 23 and i currently weigh 225 lbs, i was at 242, so down 17!!! i am 5' 2" and a healthy weight for my height is in the 130s...so not totally sure if i'm concidered "need to lose 100+" but i would love to have people to talk to and check in with. I've tried hundreds of ways to lose weight and always give up after losing 10 so i'm doing better this time. I think counting calories is the best way for me to go, and this site is super helpful.
Welcome! Please do join us, no matter how much you've got to lose. We understand where you're at and where you've been (and some of where you're going).

Oh, and congrats on what you've accomplished thus far--keep it up! And I agree that calorie control is the only thing that's ever worked for me in the long-term (and really is what every weight-loss plan/program/gimmick) relies upon, anyway, no matter how else they "package" it.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.