Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by snafuken
This is my forth week and I'm:
1) Feeling Stronger.
2) Loosing weight (have dropped 13 lbs).
3) Walking 2 1/2 miles 5 X a week.
4) Recording everything I eat ( Even when I've gone over my self impossed caloric limit a few times, and felt like crap about it).
5) Becoming a lot more educated on nutrition, and understanding how to make proper choices.
6) Able to say that I've cut back my insulin requirements to 1/4 of what they were just a month ago.
So, I ask, with all the positives I just mentioned ,why is this so hard and such a daily struggle for me?
My life seems to be consumed with altering my lifestyle and I can't think of much else.
Does it ever get easier?
Well, I'm 16 months into it and I guess it's gotten easier. Though, my cals have gone up considerably so that might help ease the "pain" a bit. Even at an average of 1900 cals I'm still losing a pound or two a week on average. I plan to lose the last 30 lbs or so at a slow pace.

What aspect, exactly, is causing you angst? I do get the old urge once in a while to just eat everything in sight and the feeling that it's not "fair" that I can't. I doubt that little voice in my head will ever be extinguished entirely. It HAS, though, quieted to an occasional whisper that is generally pretty easily ignored.

Stay strong and keep to your plan, my friend!

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-20-2011, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Determination....and the happy dance...

Well, for those who are new, I thought I would recap my journey....I started as a retread on January 1st, 2011. I know, who really follows through with new year's resolutions. I didn't really think of it as a new year's resolution, but a new beginning...not that I hadn't tried and succeeded before (and bounced back to almost 300 lbs).

It is almost 9 months later and .....
....85lbs lighter;
....many sizes smaller;
....more active;
....walking 2.5 miles daily;
....tracking food daily;
....working out regularly (4-6 times a week on elliptical)
....feeling better

AND........for the last three weeks getting numerous compliments daily form family, friends and co-workers.

I still need to loose another 40 lbs. I am on a plateau right now, but am determined to stick to a lifestyle that I can maintain. So if I work out 4 times a week and eat regular, that is doable for the rest of my life. It is unrealistic to think I will have the time or energy to workout every day, eat perfect or to make all the right decisions. I love who I am becoming.

The last six months have been hell with work, family and other stresses. I can't imagine where I would be if I didn't take care of me. There is no way I would have been healthy, resilent, and managing....if I hadn't lost the weight and improved my fitness.

Love, Live, Laugh...take care and be true to you. Your journey is your own.
Old 09-20-2011, 12:44 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
Well, I'm 16 months into it and I guess it's gotten easier. Though, my cals have gone up considerably so that might help ease the "pain" a bit. Even at an average of 1900 cals I'm still losing a pound or two a week on average. I plan to lose the last 30 lbs or so at a slow pace.

What aspect, exactly, is causing you angst? I do get the old urge once in a while to just eat everything in sight and the feeling that it's not "fair" that I can't. I doubt that little voice in my head will ever be extinguished entirely. It HAS, though, quieted to an occasional whisper that is generally pretty easily ignored.

Stay strong and keep to your plan, my friend!

Regards,
Michael
Awesome Michael, a 16 month commitment is amazing. I hope you are doing the happy dance every day. You should be proud or your determination and 'just do it' attitude. The forum members are fortunate to have your support and inspiration. You are here almost every day with wisdom, hope and a positive attitude. BRAVO!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Bubbs21
Awesome Michael, a 16 month commitment is amazing. I hope you are doing the happy dance every day. You should be proud or your determination and 'just do it' attitude. The forum members are fortunate to have your support and inspiration. You are here almost every day with wisdom, hope and a positive attitude. BRAVO!
Jacqueline, thank you! I feel blessed that the switch in my head got turned on and got me back on the right track. I enjoy helping others and hope I'm helping balance the karma a bit by being here and trying to help others.

I hear ya' about stress--my friend/boss left for another job and we're currently waiting for his replacement--no telling how that will all play out. Lot's of other demands on my time as well, and I don't like "having" to do stuff I don't want to (does anyone ;-). Like we've been discussing, it sure makes me want to have a beer or three when I get home.

Anyway, you're so close to 199--I just know that plateau will break and you'll have a big loss soon.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-21-2011, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the weightloss so far. You are doing absolutely fantastic. You will definitely reach your goal. I am new to this forum. I have about 100 lbs to lose total but am taking it week by week. I just recently had a baby 7 weeks ago and am trying to get back in shape. I was never really in shape though. My smallest was last year at this time I weighed 200 lbs. I had worked so hard to lose the weight to get down to 200 and was excited that I was so close to getting under 200 and then I found out I was pregnant. So needless to say I am getting back on track. At my heaviest in the beginning of August I weighed 274 lbs. I am currently at 248 lbs. Hopefully I see the scale move this week. I just need some motivation and other people to share my journey with. You are all very inspiring to me. Thank you. Have a wonderful day.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Elizabeth22186
Congrats on the weightloss so far. You are doing absolutely fantastic. You will definitely reach your goal. I am new to this forum. I have about 100 lbs to lose total but am taking it week by week. I just recently had a baby 7 weeks ago and am trying to get back in shape. I was never really in shape though. My smallest was last year at this time I weighed 200 lbs. I had worked so hard to lose the weight to get down to 200 and was excited that I was so close to getting under 200 and then I found out I was pregnant. So needless to say I am getting back on track. At my heaviest in the beginning of August I weighed 274 lbs. I am currently at 248 lbs. Hopefully I see the scale move this week. I just need some motivation and other people to share my journey with. You are all very inspiring to me. Thank you. Have a wonderful day.
Elizabeth, welcome! It sounds like you've been doing pretty well--keep doin' what you're doin'! I know losing 100 lbs. can seem daunting but it really goes away pretty quickly if you stick with your commitment. If there's anything we can do to help, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-21-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Jacqueline...your accomplishments are amazing! You have to be so proud!!!
Old 09-22-2011, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Jacqueline...your accomplishments are amazing! You have to be so proud!!!

Thanks...I have to admit...I am feeling the best I can ever remember. I even feel better than when I was an athlete. It might have something to do with maturity and looking at health beyond just my weight and size.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Elizabeth22186

Good for you for being so focused and getting back at it. Some would say that it is a hard time to take on this challenge with a new baby. I errored in listening to people tell me that "it was hard enough to have a new born without putting extra pressure on myself". I unfortunately listened to them and let excuses of family first, add over 100 pounds to my weight since then (23 years). As an empty nester, the excuses are now gone....don't let others tell you to take it slow. Take care of you...your family will love you for it. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default mecompco breaks the 200 lbs barrier

Hey ,
Congradulations Michael !!
Just noticed your signature shows 199 Lbs .
Keep up the great work ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.