The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread >

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Community
Notices
Like Tree29Likes

The Official Unisex 100+ Pounds to Lose Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 12:27 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Moxy! Congrats on deciding to find the healthier you!! Jump on in anywhere, I agree that would be a lot to read!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the welcome, and encouragement. Going to spend some time exploring the forums and find some trouble to get into. Unless you guys can point me in a general direction >

Is there some sort of "check in" type thing? or common activity goals, etc that I can hop into? Does this group do anything along those lines?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't posted in ages again... but just had to share this little success story. I walked/ran my goal 5k in June and was only 2 mins slower than my time from 6 yrs ago when I was way lighter and (I thought) in better shape
Old 07-15-2011, 12:44 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Moxy12345
Thanks for the welcome, and encouragement. Going to spend some time exploring the forums and find some trouble to get into. Unless you guys can point me in a general direction >

Is there some sort of "check in" type thing? or common activity goals, etc that I can hop into? Does this group do anything along those lines?
Moxy (not Moxie?), welcome!

If you're serious, you can get rid of 150 faster than you might think. The great thing is everyone here is (or was) in a similar situation so we understand the challenges you face every day.

You might consider joining our Lose 10% by Columbus Day Challenge. While sort of arbitrary, a lose of 10% of your bodywight in 90 days is a great goal.

If you need any help or have any questions, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-16-2011, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats Dreamergirl! Almost feels like you're getting younger when you can do things you used to do, doesn't it? I sort of feel like that when I squeeze into smaller jeans.

mecompco, I was looking for a daily accountability sort of thing, I find it helps me keep on track. But can certainly try the columbus day challenge. October 10th, our thanksgiving day (canada). It fits with the goals I've made for myself (10 lbs a month). And yes, I was excited when I found this group of like minded (empathizing) people, and that the thread was very active. That in itself I find very encouraging...

Moxy vs Moxie? not sure what the difference is

Last edited by Moxy12345; 07-16-2011 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-16-2011, 11:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Moxy12345
Congrats Dreamergirl! Almost feels like you're getting younger when you can do things you used to do, doesn't it? I sort of feel like that when I squeeze into smaller jeans.

mecompco, I was looking for a daily accountability sort of thing, I find it helps me keep on track. But can certainly try the columbus day challenge. October 10th, our thanksgiving day (canada). It fits with the goals I've made for myself (10 lbs a month). And yes, I was excited when I found this group of like minded (empathizing) people, and that the thread was very active. That in itself I find very encouraging...

Moxy vs Moxie? not sure what the difference is
The Women's Only forum has a 7 day check-in thread you might check out.

"Moxie" is the Maine State drink (an old soft drink that some like and some think is nasty) that was invented by a fellow in Maine. It is one of the oldest soft drinks being invented in 1876.

In any event, keep us posted as to your progress!

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-17-2011, 06:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mecompco
"Moxie" is the Maine State drink (an old soft drink that some like and some think is nasty)
LOL!! Well that suits me. I'm old and soft and some people like me and some think I'm nasty.

Thanks for the lead, I'll go check out the women's section
Old 07-17-2011, 01:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hope everyone is doing well... Another week in the books and things are going really well. I actually ran/walked 4 miles today (which is really good). There is a backstory...

I actually love running and during the most healthy times in my life, I was running 2-3x a week. I actually ran the NYC marathon in 2009 (and found myself 18 months later up 100+ lbs...wow, did I just admit that to this forum, jeez). Also during that 18 months I herniated a disk in my back which put me out of commission for a couple of months. I have been eager to start again, but at almost 350 lbs, it is not really an option. So, once I broke 300, I decided it was time, and I ran/walk 3x in the last week (btw, run/walk just means I take turns between jogging and walking). My body and back honestly feel great.

Anyways, I continue to read all the posts (I'm so proud of the many of you that are killing it right now) and welcome the newbies to the boards... I look forward in cheering your accomplishments and picking you up when you are down... we are all in this together.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default day one of 130-lb journey

Hi everyone! Today is the first day of my journey to lose 130 pounds. I currently weigh 275 pounds and my first goal is to lose 20 pounds by August 30th (my birthday.) Any and all good vibes, positive thoughts and prayers sent my way are very welcome. Can't wait to get to know all of you.

xoxo
Old 07-19-2011, 11:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ChubbyBunny28
Hi everyone! Today is the first day of my journey to lose 130 pounds. I currently weigh 275 pounds and my first goal is to lose 20 pounds by August 30th (my birthday.) Any and all good vibes, positive thoughts and prayers sent my way are very welcome. Can't wait to get to know all of you.

xoxo
Welcome (soon to be less)ChubbyBunny!

If you make the commitment and stick with FitDay I know you can get rid of those extra 130 pounds faster than you might think. If you need help or advice, just ask.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.