Community
Notices

Guidance needed!

Old 10-05-2017, 04:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default Guidance needed!

Hello all,

I'm a 29yr old single mom and career woman who has gained serious weight since starting a new job and getting into a new relationship. I love food and eating with others. However, food and weight gain were never a huge issue for me. Perhaps because I wad younger, moved around more, etc. Regardless, I'm packing it on now. I weigh roughly 30lbs more today than I did at 9 months pregnant and I feel like proper crap. It's not about feeling fat and unattractive but I feel so unhealthy. I can't do things I once could. I want to make a change.

The hard part for me is, I simply don't know how to. I was raised in Texas by my great grandmother whom fried or sugared everything. It's going to take a lot more unlearning than anything. I realize there is a wealth of information online. However, its so much information I'm not sure which to believe. There is so much contradiction. Low carb high fat, low fat low cal, etc.

I would love it if someone can hold my hand at the grocery store. Tell me exactly what to buy, what to cook, what to do at the gym. I'm so lost! I don't want to live this way and I certainly don't want my son to face this in the future. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Lac1106; 10-05-2017 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator

You can lose that weight. It's calories, however you slice it... so measure what you eat and track it in the log here (or anywhere, even on paper). Keep adjusting down the daily calories at a rate that suits your changing habits. Have your goal in mind and track your progress.

Google 'Meal planning diet' and see what comes up. There are many blogs and websites of people who have dieted and share their tips, recipes, and shopping lists. I think the thing that works best is just fine-tuning what you have available, where you live, what's in your refrigerator and pantry. Reading low-fat cookbooks (which end up being low-calorie) helps too.

Good luck!
Old 10-05-2017, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Smile haloo

Originally Posted by Lac1106
Hello all,

I'm a 29yr old single mom and career woman who has gained serious weight since starting a new job and getting into a new relationship. I love food and eating with others. However, food and weight gain were never a huge issue for me. Perhaps because I wad younger, moved around more, etc. Regardless, I'm packing it on now. I weigh roughly 30lbs more today than I did at 9 months pregnant and I feel like proper crap. It's not about feeling fat and unattractive but I feel so unhealthy. I can't do things I once could. I want to make a change.

The hard part for me is, I simply don't know how to. I was raised in Texas by my great grandmother whom fried or sugared everything. It's going to take a lot more unlearning than anything. I realize there is a wealth of information online. However, its so much information I'm not sure which to believe. There is so much contradiction. Low carb high fat, low fat low cal, etc.

I would love it if someone can hold my hand at the grocery store. Tell me exactly what to buy, what to cook, what to do at the gym. I'm so lost! I don't want to live this way and I certainly don't want my son to face this in the future. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Lac! Kathy is right. If you want to lose weight, you need to burn more calories than you eat. It really is that simple. As far as food goes, don't worry about following some specific diet. If you want to lose weight and stay that way, you need to commit to a lifestyle change, not a temporary restrictive diet. Eat whole foods, like real food, not from a box or the freezer aisle. Learn to cook and meal prep. If you're not used to cooking, I'd recommend getting a crockpot to start. Connect with your food, enjoy it, be nourished by it. As far as exercise goes, start small if you are out of shape. Go for walks, get a fitbit if you can afford it. It makes working out like a video game with achievements and competitions. After you feel a little more confident, join a gym. I know it's scary, but is so much easier if you set the time aside for yourself to take care of your body. Ask for help, pay for some personal trainer sessions to start if you can afford it. Knowing how to exercise will give you the confidence to do it. I like the website fitbottomedgirls.com for motivation. They have really honest articles about weight loss, food issues and healthy living. You can do this! You do have to commit to yourself, be a little selfish and see it through. Good luck!
Old 01-24-2018, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

What worked for me was making a grocery list and going to the grocery store with CASH! If you don't have the money to buy unhealthy food, you won't buy it!
Old 02-05-2018, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hmmm
Old 03-22-2018, 07:00 PM
FitDay Member

Hi there, according to me, you need to eat a balanced diet, which includes green vegetables, fruits, fibers and fat burning food. You need to workout regularly and concentrate on fatty areas of your body. If you don't have enough time for a gym, you can give more time for walking. You should avoid eating junk food and alcohol which increases the content of toxins in your body. Drinking more water also helps to eliminate toxins from your body. I have heard good reviews about from my friend which helps to reduce fat.

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 03-23-2018 at 01:36 AM. Reason: link removed
Old 04-11-2018, 09:18 PM
FitDay Member

Commitment and action are the secret of success
if u want some advice send me msg .