FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   new member - yoyo dieter! Any students? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/2319-new-member-yoyo-dieter-any-students.html)

cubbyprincess 11-07-2010 01:56 AM

new member - yoyo dieter! Any students?

hello everyone! :) i just joined fit-day yesterday, looked for best ranked weight loss websites and viola! I am a 25 year old student in my final year of law school. Since I started school and even in undergrad, I always went on diets when I was "free" from school normally during summers, will lose a lot of weight, but once school stress started, would abandon my diet plans and would balloon, and gain more. I am just a lil under 5" 1 and my heaviest was 145 (yikes). I am also an hour glass, so I tend to gain the weight on my bum, thighs, hips and errrr "chest". At any rate I thought I was on a healthy track this year and joined a fitness club and started making lifestyle choice decisions as opposed to dieting. However I went on the scale yesterday and I was 130!! for a 5 foot woman that is a lot. So while I acknowledge I am not "obese" I do not feel sexy at this weight at all. I joined fit day so I could better track my calorie intake and also just be part of a weight loss community. Everyone around me are either naturally skinny or just do not have any weight to lose.

I would like to lose 12 pounds by New years (7 weeks) and I reckon that is a lot, but I am going on vacay with my partner and just want to feel good. My biggest challenge would be to stay within as dec exams approach. I am a stress eater for sure. So any students or anyone who tends to be really busy and eat more as a result of the stress, do you have any tips? Thanks:D

Sniperbaby 11-08-2010 03:30 PM

Hi! Welcome aboard! I'm a student, as well. Paralegal studies with a minor in English. Hoping to make it to law school one day *crosses fingers*

This is a very good website, great starting place!

I'm 5'4 and weigh 160 lbs. I'm down from 189 lbs (that was February 2, 2010). I need to get to 130 to be in "healthy weight".

Unfortunately, when I stress I practically starve. It's not on purpose, but when I'm stressed or experiencing anxiety I feel nauseated; and therefore cannot eat without feeling sick.

However, I eat when I'm bored. I've found a great way to help this! Drink lots of water and munch on healthy things! I prefer raw cauliflower or carrots. Usually I'm "bored" when I'm studying. And with finals creeping up, I feel like if I don't stick to veggies as my snack, I'll end up as big as a house!!
So, as for the stress eating, maybe you can do what I do, snack. Consciously think to yourself, "damn, I want a cookie. Oh well, too bad, broccoli it is!" or just pick other healthy snacks!

Good luck! Are you excited to be able to add "Esq." to the end of your name? =P

mugginskate 11-10-2010 09:41 AM

Hey! I am a student! I'm 19 and in my second year of Christian School Education with a minor in Music. So basically I'm gonna be a teacher - likely a music teacher in a elementary school!

Anyways! I currently weigh 145 lbs and I'm 5' 3". I have a problem with losing weight because I am so passionate about food. I love it. Especially ice cream. So delicious. My goal is 120 lbs by the end of January... and so far it's going alright. But it could be going better. I really need a support group to keep me motivated though because I don't have any diet buddies around here!

cjohnson728 11-10-2010 10:12 AM

mugginskate, I am totally sold on frozen yogurt and fat-free or lowfat ice cream. 100-120 calories per serving and watch the portion size and you can still have a treat and not feel deprived...though I know some folks have to give it up cold turkey. Comes in just as many flavors as regular ice cream, too; even the store brands are good, for the most part.

cubbyprincess 11-10-2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Sniperbaby (Post 24934)
Hi! Welcome aboard! I'm a student, as well. Paralegal studies with a minor in English. Hoping to make it to law school one day *crosses fingers*

This is a very good website, great starting place!

I'm 5'4 and weigh 160 lbs. I'm down from 189 lbs (that was February 2, 2010). I need to get to 130 to be in "healthy weight".

Unfortunately, when I stress I practically starve. It's not on purpose, but when I'm stressed or experiencing anxiety I feel nauseated; and therefore cannot eat without feeling sick.

However, I eat when I'm bored. I've found a great way to help this! Drink lots of water and munch on healthy things! I prefer raw cauliflower or carrots. Usually I'm "bored" when I'm studying. And with finals creeping up, I feel like if I don't stick to veggies as my snack, I'll end up as big as a house!!
So, as for the stress eating, maybe you can do what I do, snack. Consciously think to yourself, "damn, I want a cookie. Oh well, too bad, broccoli it is!" or just pick other healthy snacks!

Good luck! Are you excited to be able to add "Esq." to the end of your name? =P

hahaha at adding Esq. lol well I in a canadian law school so I dont know how that will work :) Thanks for the advice, I actually like broccoli so I can maybe sautee in some light sauce and snack on it? yum

cubbyprincess 11-10-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by mugginskate (Post 25109)
Hey! I am a student! I'm 19 and in my second year of Christian School Education with a minor in Music. So basically I'm gonna be a teacher - likely a music teacher in a elementary school!

Anyways! I currently weigh 145 lbs and I'm 5' 3". I have a problem with losing weight because I am so passionate about food. I love it. Especially ice cream. So delicious. My goal is 120 lbs by the end of January... and so far it's going alright. But it could be going better. I really need a support group to keep me motivated though because I don't have any diet buddies around here!

Cjohnson referred me to the women's only group, tons of support there!:D

mugginskate 11-10-2010 11:43 AM

Omigosh! Yeah, frozen yogurt is totally the way to go! I definitely have that sometimes. It's a great low cal low fat alternative AND it tastes practically the same as real ice cream