The Healthy Community >

The Healthy Community

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 01-25-2010, 05:42 AM
FitDay Member

Has anyone told you ladies lately how awesome you are?? If not, YOU'RE AWESOME!!! I don't really have too much new to report, I don't measure up until tomorrow, and while it hasn't been exactly a week, I was going to pop over to my mom's tomorrow, so I'll probably hop on her scale just to do a check on the weight.

I ended up not making it over to archery Sunday, it ended up not being as nice as it was supposed to be, and because I stayed up uber late Saturday, I ended up sleep later than I meant to, but I ended up doing an hour and a half of hardcore housecleaning, so I got my sweat-time in!

I was reading all the green tea comments from over the weekend. I knew it was good antioxidant wise, I didn't realize its weight properties. I love the stuff, and have a ton on it in the pantry. I'll have to start reigning my caffine habit under control and make some time for the tea! It would be a pleasant way to end the night, too.

You guys are making me laugh with the comments about being obsessive about the new regiems and being on here, I, too, am the same way! Obviously. I really like the support, and everyone here seem to have a great sense of humor, and I'm having fun getting to you know through our journies. We're doing well, my friends, and we're already successful!!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hhhuuunnnnngggrrryyy

I am SO hungry right now and thankfully Johnny is making dinner. Up until this point I have only eaten like 760 calories all day and so I can now eat another 720 tonight. I can't calculate my dinner calories because Johnny made a home made soup.... which has lots of kale in it, it also has beans, chicken sausage (apparently half the calories of pork sausage), tomatoes, and some other good stuff in it... But I guess I can endulge myself a little bit, right? I worked for 5 hours today (on my feet the whole time) and so I burned quite a few calories today doing that... and later Johnny and I are going to go hit the fitness center and I'll probably try to do 45 minutes of Cardio workout tonight. Who knows, It might be possible.

I am so excited to get on the scale on Friday and see if I lost any weight this week. I know, I know... It's still 4 days away! But I think I am dropping even a little more weight. I went to Old Navy today and the XL's actually fit! YAY!

How has everyone else done on the first day of this wonderful week?
Old 01-25-2010, 02:36 PM
FitDay Member

I have done well with the food so far today. I have eaten 1150 calories, which means I can have a small snack later. I know late night eating is discouraged, but when you are prediabetic you are supposed to have some food before bed to steady your blood sugar over night.

I did the treadmill again today, I went 22 minutes, but went faster, and had a higher incline. I was out of breath!! It was good. I even had some burning muscles. Then I cleaned house while dancing around to my iPod, boy that makes cleaning kinda fun!! LOL!!

Jen your husband's soup sounds yummy and healthy! I am sure it won't count against you at all! It is exciting when smaller sizes fit, isn't it!! You are doing so great!!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Gang,

I think you are all awesome too!

I had a good day!! Back in the oatmeal/fruit-for-breakfast-habit. It really fills me up and I am good until lunchtime. Working on my grocery list (still), and planning meals for the week. Going to pick up groceries tomorrow.

I have started eating dry curd cottage cheese, mixed with a little bit of low fat milk and a touch of sour cream. Apparently the creamed cottage cheese is extremely high in sodium; so I am mixing it up from the dry curd myself to avoid the sodium overload. Also adding some dried chives and pepper - yum!
Old 01-25-2010, 06:49 PM
FitDay Member

So, I was eleven minutes away from my 45 minute Cardio workout goal but my body did not want to push.. at all. BUT I did burn almost 400 calories. I feel good right now. It is SO hard for me to not walk to Publix and get on the scale. It becomes an addiction.

I looked up the calorie deficit thing and and only eating 1,500 puts me at over a 1000 calorie deficit daily. Like, it puts me at a 1,200 deficit. Plus I have to add in the calories I burn when I exercise. So that puts me at about a 1,500 calorie deficit a day. Is that even healthy? At the rate I'm going I should technically be losing 1lb every two days. Aka- 7 lbs every 14 days. Right? (It's something like 3,100 calories equals one pound.)

Last edited by JenniferAld; 01-25-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, everyone! I just finished measurements, and it comes to a total of 3.5 inches shrunk this past week. My friends, who are wonderful, wonderful people have invited me out to go catch Avatar in 3D on them tonight, so I'll have to run to mom's tomorrow to catch up with her and do a weight check. Since she normally works late, I wouldn't get to see her before I have to leave to set out across town to the theater. One of the nice things about being flat broke is I don't have a choice but to pass up the tempting yummies at the consession stand!

I usually enjoy some yogurt and a banana, and sometimes a hard boiled egg or two (when calories permit and for some extra protein) for breakfast. I have this minor obsession with Stonyfield Farms organic yogurts. Even the fat free is delicious-it doesn't taste fat free! I also have a whole bunch of veggies I need to get prepped for my lunch time salads for today and the rest of the week. I usually just do it all at one time at the beginning of the week. I got a mandolin slicer for Christmas, and I love that thing, it makes life so much easier when it comes to slicing veggies!

Well, I'm gonna go munch an apple, workout and get lunch ready and eaten. Have a good morning, everyone!
Old 01-26-2010, 03:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JenniferAld
So, I was eleven minutes away from my 45 minute Cardio workout goal but my body did not want to push.. at all. BUT I did burn almost 400 calories. I feel good right now. It is SO hard for me to not walk to Publix and get on the scale. It becomes an addiction.

I looked up the calorie deficit thing and and only eating 1,500 puts me at over a 1000 calorie deficit daily. Like, it puts me at a 1,200 deficit. Plus I have to add in the calories I burn when I exercise. So that puts me at about a 1,500 calorie deficit a day. Is that even healthy? At the rate I'm going I should technically be losing 1lb every two days. Aka- 7 lbs every 14 days. Right? (It's something like 3,100 calories equals one pound.)
I have the same concern! I've noticed that I'm consuming 1500-1600 calories per day, but I don't worry too much if I go over that because fitday says I am burning about 3000 calories. I changed my profile from Seated All Day to Sedentary to lower my calories burned by about 350 calories per day. I'm still closer to a 1000 calorie deficit than 500. But I don't feel hungry and am eating healthy, so that's fine. I try to eat five small meals instead of three big ones, it keeps my appetite under control to know that I can snack whenever and just keep it a small portion and something healthy. My thought was to not go more than 2-3 hours without eating something, even something small. Plus, the lunch and dinner-time eating is usually a little bigger, out of habit I guess.

Jennifer, you are so obsessed with the scale, LOL! I too find myself getting on there daily, just cuz I want to know. But I really should wait and do it only once per week.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Hi FitDay Friends,

Jennifer, I know what you mean, now that I have lost a few pounds. I am finding myself on the scale just about everyday (even though I swore I would not do this!). It might have to go back into the closet for now, and out of the kitchen where I keep it at the moment. On that note.......it looks like I am down another 2 lb; but won't say that for sure until I weigh myeslf on my weigh in day which is Friday. But I am saying a pre-Yay!

I bumped down my base metabolism, 'calories burned', for the day. It was just over 3000, I custom set it to be 2500. I don't know, I'm a little skeptical of generalized calculations, and just don't think I burn 3000 (before exercise). I guess time will tell for all of us though, I think after awhile we'll get a feel for what is best for each of us as the pounds continue to drop!

Way to go Diane, excellent! I am down a couple inches;one inch off my waist, and one off my hips. Such a grand feeling. Enjoy Avatar, I heard it was excellent and want to see it myself soon!

Hi Doggie, That is what I am trying to do too; lots of small meals/snacks throughout the day. Keeps the blood sugar level steady, energy up, and metabolism on a good constant buuurrrnnnn! I feel so good.

I am so proud of the way I grocery shop now. Just got back, and have a lovely selection of food to work with this week. A little bit of processed food; but for the most part real, decent, healthy, unprocessed food.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Johnny doesn't wanna let me get on the scale until Friday! lol

Does anyone here calculate the calories in what they drink? Like, I drink green tea and this fruit juice that is high in tons of vitamins. I only drink so much of the juice because it's literally almost $8.00 for one bottle of this stuff (probably 3 cups of juice.) I dilute it with the green tea and it makes both of them taste better. Anyhow, should I count those in as calories consumed? Or just ignore them?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

I don't count water or coffee-since I drink it black- but I do with anything else. Especially fruit juice. I get that Simply Grapefruit, becuase I'm too lazy to deal with an actual grapefruit, and its got 90 calories for a cup, or 8oz. So depending on how closely you play it to your desired calorie intake, I would think its probably a good idea to account for them.

Last edited by dbrinkley80; 01-26-2010 at 07:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.