Notices
Like Tree1Likes

The Healthy Community

Old 01-24-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hey All! Pizza ended up being dinner... because work called me in last minute and I didn't get to eat. I worked until ten last night and then ate (no lunch by the way) and we got a large thin crust pizza and bread sticks.... due to his request... and I hate HALF the stupid pizza! I was so mad at myself. My Calorie count was still under 2000, and my carbs were about 170. OH! And Due to plumbing issues that we were trying to fix we didn't work out yesterday at all. Grr. I am tempted to walk to publix and see my weight. Ya' know? <Sigh>

BUT I will pick back up again today and my goal is to only eat 150 calories today. No more. We shall see if I can do this. My average has been between 1700 and 1800 daily. I need to fix that.

Edit-- I walked to publix to get my snapple green tea stuff and sure enough I got on the scale! Guess what! In the past two days I still lost one pound! I am so proud of myself.

Last edited by JenniferAld; 01-24-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:35 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Bravo Jen, congrats on the loss! I think thin crust vs thick crust pizza makes a huge difference in calories, and carbs. Good choice! That was your treat meal for the week, so don't beat yourself up over it, K? You are doing great!

Hope that is a typo and you are eating more than 150 calories today! 1500 maybe?

I just had a healthy breakfast of 1/2 Kashi 1/2 All Bran, 1% milk, blueberries and flax seed. Yum. So delicious, and so satisfying. I felt like crap all day yesterday because of my Fri-night-slip-up. Feeling back on track today.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Shell, I know exactly how you feel. Went to a country concert at "Temecula Live" and blew it on foods too! Before the venue it was mexican food and after it was a lemon meringue pie! I don't know why I had to go so overboard. I was craving steak so bad last night and the pie ... well what can I say.
I still haven't been able to get down to 1200 calories a day! My lowest is 1500 and I've topped at 2000! I'm sure it's better than I was doing originally because i know I'm making changes I didn't give a care about before.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Your making good choices today and that is what really counts. We all fall off the wagon once in awhile.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jen, I know how hard it is to stay low in calories. I have a hard time staying below 2,000 cal. my goal is 1200 but it almost feels impossible. I'm more realistic really 1500 is a better goal for me right now. I think before I was eating over 3,000.

best wishes
Old 01-24-2010, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

Opps... I DID mean 1,500... which I think I can do pretty easily. I just have to TRY. Anyhow, I need to work out again. It's been two days of nothing and if I don't start back again tonight I will not wanna work out... ever.

My boyfriend is making lettuce wraps for dinner and I'm really excited. It consists of Seaoned chicken, cheese, and veggies all wrapped up in a leaf of lettuce. It's healthy and he is an amazing cook so I know it will be delicious.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JenniferAld
Opps... I DID mean 1,500... which I think I can do pretty easily. I just have to TRY. Anyhow, I need to work out again. It's been two days of nothing and if I don't start back again tonight I will not wanna work out... ever.

My boyfriend is making lettuce wraps for dinner and I'm really excited. It consists of Seaoned chicken, cheese, and veggies all wrapped up in a leaf of lettuce. It's healthy and he is an amazing cook so I know it will be delicious.
lol Oh good, if you meant 150...well, that would not be good healthy eating at all!! I have decided to aim for 1500-1800 per day right now. Still a good deficit for me, and seems reasonable for right now. Mmm, supper sounds good!
Old 01-24-2010, 02:18 PM
FitDay Member

Sounds like most of us survived the weekend without messing up too badly. I did really well this weekend. Kept my food intake in check, in fact today I am still 300 calories away from my daily target, so I get to have a snack tonight!

I got on the treadmill yesterday for 20 minutes and today for 27 minutes. It isn't much, but at least I have gotten started, now I will just have to up it day to day. I made a big pot of vegetable chicken soup today, very low in fat, calories, carbs...but high in nutriton...it was yummy!

I am going to aim for for 1400 calories, my nutritionist says 1600 but I feel that is too much, so I am going to compromise between my original target and hers! I was really tired this morning, but it passed after my time on the treadmill....go figure, exercise and get energized!....so the rest of the day was great.

Is everyone ready to start the new week tomorrow?
Old 01-24-2010, 02:51 PM
FitDay Member

Iwent to the store today and the muffin mixes are 2.99. I also got a box of the cornbread mix- it was 1.99. I can't recommend it since I haven't tried it yet but the muffins are excellent. The muffin mixes they had were blueberry, banana, cranberry, and apple cinnamon.

If anybody wants some, let me know and I will get them. I can probably ship a bunch of them fairly cheap by parcel post or a flat rate box.

Deanna
Old 01-24-2010, 03:12 PM
FitDay Member

Kathie- Are u kidding me? 27 minutes? If it is 27 minutes more exercise today then what you were doing before then it's a lot. (Just saying)

I accomplished my goal today. I stayed just under 1,500 calories and dinner tasted beyond good. And then we went to the fitness center and I did 35 minutes on the jogging machine (burned 370 calories on it) and then went back to the fitness center to do more when Johnny went back to work and did another 18 minutes on the treadmill (burning another 160ish calories) and then did some weights. I feel amazing! Seriously.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

Jen, you dropped another pound!!!!
You brat!! Weighing in again!! LOL!! GOOD JOB!! Seriously, I was joking, that is excellent and I weigh in often myself.

Your workout makes my little walk on the treadmill sound pretty pathetic! LOL!! But hey, it IS 27 more minutes than I did before, so it has to help. I will step it up as I go!

You are doing GREAT! Keep up the good work!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.