FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   The Healthy Community (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/222-healthy-community.html)

kathietaylor 02-04-2010 09:52 PM

I had to go to a funeral today, and of course afterwards there was a little gathering with a luncheon served. There were no veggies served, or fruit....and I was pretty hungry by this time (I seem to always be hungry these days!! LOL!) So I settled for 2 half whole wheat buns, one with egg salad and one with tuna salad, a few small pieces of cheese and **GASP** one teeny tiny brownie topped with melted chocolate and marshmellows!!! Oh and a small glass of juice, no doubt full of sugar!! Darn it!! I have yet to enter it into my food log to see how much damage I may have done. Looks like its a vat of steamed veggies for dinner tonight! 8( And lots of water. I sure hope I didn't blow it for the weigh in!!

kathietaylor 02-05-2010 12:29 AM

Hey, its me again!! LOL!! Just wanted to report I did 30 minutes on the treadmill! I always feel so proud of myself when I accomplish that, I know, I am kind of an idiot...but it is still good to feel you have accomplished something positive!

I am already sitting at 1000 calories today, dinner really IS going to be veggies!

cjohnson728 02-05-2010 12:46 AM

Good for you, Kathie!

You show 'em, girl! I can hear all the little funeral food crying in desperation that it won't be stickin' to your thighs tonight :D

Shell250 02-05-2010 03:24 AM

Way to go Kathie! Hey all victories, no matter how small, are very exciting! :D

I walked today for 1/2 hour. Having a heck of a time getting my exercise ramped up. Need to get on that treadmill and power walk. Kicking myself in the butt (again).

Thanks for the reminder with getting the water in. I have not been drinking enough water this week. Really notice it with the condition of my skin (!) Anyways, more water is going to be a priority to flush all those nasties out!

I've been keeping off the scale this week, so not sure where I am at. Tomorrow will be a surprise! I am very much looking forward to crossing down into some new numbers - the 230's! Soon soon soon...

mandevil7 02-05-2010 02:29 PM

Had my weigh in yesterday lost 2lbs!! I'm very excited. I know I can do this. I can really relate to the funeral event Kathie, and proud of you for making the best choices you could. I bought myself a digital food scale from Good Grips - very cool you can zero out the container and only weigh the food item. I've dragged out the measuring cups and spoons. Portion control is a big issue for me. Still trying to get my calorie count lower. Yesterday was 1700, so still a long way to go to get to 1200.

JenniferAld 02-05-2010 02:57 PM

Hey guys! Starting a new Thread... "The Healthy Community 2" So that it's not as long... AND not as intimidating for new people... haha. :-)

daisynlily1432 02-05-2010 06:28 PM

Weighed in today, lost 4 lbs!! yay me! Im happy with that :D