Notices

The hardest time of the day?

Old 01-21-2010, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default The hardest time of the day?

I have such a hard time every night when it comes to wanting to stick to this. I am not technically on a "diet" but am eating healthy.... Like, one desert once a week, one meal of pasta once a week, Red meat once a week... and then everyday eating whole grains and yogurt ect. Oh! And no Soda.

Anyhow, I find that at night I lose will power and am ready to eat late... and eat unhealthy crap. Does anyone else have like one time a day where they have a hard time staying strong?
Old 01-21-2010, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Me too...evening is the hardest time. Especially if I am watching TV; I seem to get ravenously hungry at about 10:00pm. For me, I think it is just a bad old habit. I have snacked late at night for as far back as I can remember. Sooo, I am going to bed a little earlier than usual and reading. I wake up feeling alot better when I don't eat too much in the evening. Hoping this will feel more natural in time, and the evening eating habit will subside! Right now, it is still a struggle. I have not had soda for 2 weeks now, a good feeling!
Old 01-21-2010, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

I have not had soda since Saturday (the day we started the whole weight loss thing.) and I agree! It's a wonderful feeling.

I don't know if what I am doing will help me lose weight tho. In theory it will... Cuz I'm excersizing A LOT MORE then before... plus I got a job so I'm on my feet more... plus I've cut back on my food intake a lot... No soda... sweets one time a week... and such but I am not on a technical diet.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:44 AM
FitDay Member

I am another that has a really hard time in the evenings. Is it true hunger, or just a habit? Not sure. Because of my prediabetic condition I try and eat 10 or 11 almonds at night, as I am not supposed to go without food for too many hours (it raises blood sugar) but it is HARD to stop there!!

Oh, and as for as the soda pop goes...none for me since Dec 31, 2009...and coming from a recovering coke (as in coca cola! LOL!!) addict, that is SOMETHING!!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

The hardest time for me is the "witching hour" right when I get home from work -- around 5:30-6pm -- and before/while I'm fixing dinner. I have found that when I don't skip meals, and especially if I've eaten a good breakfast, I'm able to avoid stuffing my face mindlessly when I get home.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

I agree with you. Nights are really hard for me. Especially like a few hours after dinner, I'll just start to get cravings and I'll be so tempted to just grab a bag of chips and lay down and watch tv. However, I've tried just chewing gum or drinking water when I get cravings and it really helps. Good Luck!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Later in the evenings, the battle is between my head and my stomach. My head says don't eat anything and my stomach says eat everything. I found a simple way to compromise. I make sure that I have 4 things on hand... a blender, 1 cup of rice milk (or hemp milk), 3 spoonfuls of frozen mixed berries and a clean 12oz glass. I take a sip, put the glass down, when I'm ready, I take another sip and put the glass down, ...etc.
The benefits: 1) I'm not putting food in my belly late at night, only liquids (thanks to the blender), 2) I put the glass down, wait a bit and then take another sip, wait a bit, repeat - this makes the smoothie last longer and in 5 or 10 minutes, my cravings go away and my stomach is happy. Hope this works for you!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jennifer;
Me too, & it was really bad last night. It was 10 days since I started my healthy eating program & had my last pepsi, till last night & the only reason I stopped at 1 was because it was the only 1 in the house. The first drink didn't even taste very good , but the last 1 sure did. Didn't stop there. The " HUNGRY MONSTER" was released & I don't mean the cute little monster that WW uses & mean the ravenous, huge one the devours every unhealthy , non-nutritional thing in it's path. Like 15 Tbs. of marshmallow creme right out of the jar, 2 oz. of pepperoni, ( yes I measured every worthless bite) , 3 cups of microwave popcorn, the unhealthy kind, when I had the healthy kind in the pantry. I just put all of this in my first journal entry , wasn't sure I was going to make it public. Then when I started to respond to your post it just all came out. The bad & the ugly. Perhaps the good is that I did log every bite & the non nutritional calorie total was 1020, making my total for the day 2247. What a way to start a Friday weigh-in. Well perhaps I can be the bad example of what not to do. Learn from the mistakes of others, be aware of the "HUNGRY MONSTER". I am back on track today. I DID NOT QUIT!! Sorry for the long post.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:02 AM
FitDay Member

WOW! I am so glad I found this site. I have been struggling to lose weight for a long time. I hope this will help keep me motivated and in control! Living in a rural place I dont have much support so this will work out well for me! Except I am my own worst enemy! I am an emotional eater and that is when the Hungry Monster shows itself. Happy to hear everyones stories hopefully this is the first day to many days of dropping pounds! Good Luck to all!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhm802
The hardest time for me is the "witching hour" right when I get home from work -- around 5:30-6pm -- and before/while I'm fixing dinner.
That's Beer:30 for me-I usually have to fight the urge to crack a cold one right after work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.