PEDOMETER and StepS!! >

PEDOMETER and StepS!!

Community
Notices

PEDOMETER and StepS!!

Old 10-18-2010, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default PEDOMETER and StepS!!

Any one know how I can input the amount of steps I did with my pedometer into the system?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:31 AM
FitDay Member

You can convert the steps into a mile and input. 1 mile equals approximately 2,000 steps.
Old 02-12-2011, 05:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, I was wondering how exactly to put distances in.... When I put my distance in, the calories don't change.... It appears to only want to change with the time spent walking.... Can someone please help me?

Thank in advance

Shonz
Old 02-13-2011, 01:47 AM
FitDay Member

Default Activities application

Originally Posted by ShonzG
Hi, I was wondering how exactly to put distances in.... When I put my distance in, the calories don't change.... It appears to only want to change with the time spent walking.... Can someone please help me?

Thank in advance

Shonz
Hi Shonz..... I am not a programmer nor do I play one in a television sitcom. But, I probably could. I know a little, and maybe I can guess the rest, or at least speculate a bit. Here goes.....

It appears that the Distance column is what is called a "flat file" while the Time and Calories Burned columns are "relational" to each other and to the Specific Activity column, as well. Changing the Time = changing of the Calories Burned, based on the Specific Activity selected

What is a Flat File? is a good resource site to check out. There are additional links to tech terms there, as well

Regarding the Distance input: It can be left blank, no effect. If you put in a 12 digit number such as 444333222111 all that happens when you click save changes is the application inserts appropriate commas as delineators (444,333,222,111) Attempting to put text in there is a no no (you receive an error message)

I hope I helped a little. I know there are others on this board who can give a better explanation.

--------------------
Old 02-13-2011, 01:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ShonzG

Thank in advance

Shonz
Distance does not matter (it seems to be there purely for keeping "score"). As far as your calorie burn calculations are concerned, it is purely a function of the time spent.

Regards,
Michael