FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Need Strength and Energy (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/2058-need-strength-energy.html)

evilkitty1966 09-26-2010 12:02 PM

Need Strength and Energy

So I have decided to lose this unwanted weight that I got after doing IVF and then misscarrying (in 2006) I have gradually put on the weight as I have been unhappy. NOW I want to shed 15 lbs. I am tired all the time and I take Sublingual B-12, Vit.D and a Multiple Vit. daily and I am still tired. I need all your support and encouagement! I will gladly take any suggestions
Thanks for this wonder web site to help me reach my goal

almeeker 09-26-2010 12:04 PM

Do you exercise? I find that to be a great energizer.

Jimmidy 09-26-2010 01:01 PM

I agree with almeeker on the exercise and make sure you are getting enough rest, especially if you are already working out. You might want to try tracking what you are eating as well and see if any certain foods have more of a negative effect on you than others, ie. wheat products. Hope this helps.

brandismom1990 09-27-2010 02:33 AM

HI Evilk--

Lot's of support can be found on the "women's" or "men's" threads where regular postings happen. I'm in the 100+ club, even though I have less than that to lose, because they are very determined, supportive and nurturing. COme join us!

aarany 09-29-2010 05:21 AM

I can't talk in your shoes but maybe it's an avenue to look into - If you've had a full physical and all is ok, but you are always tired, then maybe talking to a doctor about depression might help.

P.S. I am in no means a doctor and this is of my own opinion and thought.

Just trying to help.

msmona1410 09-29-2010 12:46 PM

My job has been extremely stressful and uncertain for over a year now. More stress than I have ever experienced in my whole career. I knew that it was getting to me and I have put on extra weight because I wasn't exercising and I was eating poorly. I have only been tracking with FitDay for 1.5 weeks and I have noticed an amazing change in my energy level and attitude. I don't exercise intensely, but I walk everyday. I think that the combo of eating more healthy options and the regular walks have helped me greatly.
Hang in there and good luck!

midwestj 10-08-2010 12:31 PM

Hi,

I feel like resistance training, and healthy eating will do so much for you. Not only will it help you increase your energy but you will transform your body. Resistance training is highly underrated for fat loss, so think about it! Lifting weights is about as underrated as cardio is overrated. I prefer something called High Intensity Interval Training to cardio, but its not for everyone.

Eat clean, eat less, work hard, good luck!