Notices

Retail Therapy or maybe Mirror Mirror

Old 09-22-2010, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Retail Therapy or maybe Mirror Mirror

I am very overweight. I don't shop much because I don't like to buy in my size, but today I stopped by a store on the way home and popped into a dressing room to try on a pair of pants and a sweater. I had no place to hide from the reality of my size. After I got over that shock I quickly realized that other than fixing my hair and putting on makeup I do not really look at myself in the mirror. I do not own a full length mirror at my house. While the bathrooms have large mirrors I am wrapped in a robe before stepping from the shower and I change clothes in our walk in closet which means I only need to give a passing glance at my outfit on my way out the door. I have been overweight for some time. I know that I am overweight, but really seeing the folds and bluges in that lovely fluorescent glow really woke me up. I didn't feel shame. Just reality. My retail therapy wound up being free today. I actually thought...maybe I need to make this part of my weight loss plan
Old 09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

I have had photos do the same for me. Hope we're both on the right paths.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:21 PM
FitDay Member

Usually the photos of when I used to be thin work for me. They made me think that I CAN go back to look like that and wear a size 4 (US). Just a matter of motivation!!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

I hear you loud and clear. I have decided that when I hit 100 pounds off, I'm going to have a small party and give myself a full length mirror.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:04 PM
FitDay Member

Ahhh dressing room mirrors.... That was where I decided it didn't matter what clothes I put on. It was the fat that was making me look fat. A bigger mirror was included in this summer's bathroom remodel, just so I could see my gut every morning. It's a lot easier to look at myself now than it was 30 pounds ago.