Notices

It Been 10 day and no result!

Old 09-17-2010, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Default It Been 10 day and no result!

Hello to All,

I am new to this website. I am 5'1 and weigh 168 lb. I have try loging my food intake for the past 10 day and I go to the gym and weight train for the last 5 weeks. I have not seen any result. Please help, if anyone out there have anything suggestion? Or may know why this happen....
Old 09-17-2010, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

Well, its hard to tell you since you dont tell how many calories or grams of fat/carbs/ protein you are eating per day. You also dont mention if you are retaining water or what kind of workout you do at the gym (or how long you have been doing the same routine).

It could be your calories or percentage of fat is too high ( or too low). If you have been doing the same workout for a while, then it might be time to change it up.

Are you drinking a lot of water? Some here have found if they dont, they just dont lose weight.

Also, dont just try to log your intact from memory at the end of the day *( or the next day) when you 1st start out, it is easy for our minds to play games with us and think ... welllll that 8oz steak was closer to 3 oz and those cookies had been sitting in the cupboard a long time and so they have lost calories... log it as you eat it. And get a kitchen scale and measure things, you will be surprised how small a cup serving really is!

good luck in your journey
Old 09-17-2010, 03:43 PM
FitDay Member

I agree with Pam, you haven't given us much to go on. Are your calories at a deficit (calories in vs calories burned)? What is your age? Perhaps you could share your food and activity logs. Lots of help and information available but you need to give us some data to start with.
Old 09-18-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Member

Weigh EVERY morsel of food that passes your lips. Weigh foods on food scale and write it down, as you put it on your plate at each meal. Then log it on FitDay, after each meal. Try for 1200 calories daily.

Stay off the white stuff!!! white bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, corn (ok it's a little yellow) Ha!

You'll be surprised and pleased to see the weight begin to come off. This is what I do...and have lost 36# since May---- and I generally lose SLOW.... I am SO tickled. Give it a try!!

Good luck!!
Old 09-18-2010, 07:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jomilt
Weigh EVERY morsel of food that passes your lips. Weigh foods on food scale and write it down, as you put it on your plate at each meal. Then log it on FitDay, after each meal. Try for 1200 calories daily.

Stay off the white stuff!!! white bread, potatoes, rice, pasta, corn (ok it's a little yellow) Ha!

You'll be surprised and pleased to see the weight begin to come off. This is what I do...and have lost 36# since May---- and I generally lose SLOW.... I am SO tickled. Give it a try!!

Good luck!!
Great advice, though the calorie level may differ for each person. I'm still losing 3lbs average per week on 1500 (some days 1600 and the occasional 2000 day) and no special exercise. Men, of course, often lose faster, and the heavier you are, the quicker you will lose and the more cals you can eat.

My advice is to pick a calorie level that you can be comfortable with--if you are "always" hungry, you will only last as long as your enthusiasm does. If you are comfortable, while still mainintain a calorie deficeit, you have a much better chance of sticking with it.

Best of luck!
Michael
Old 09-18-2010, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default careful

be careful first to not get discouraged. But, sometimes we over value our workout and eat more than we should by thinking we have earned it. And remember, not gaining any is also a victory. Getting into the habit of eating properly, measuring all portions, and getting into the habit of working out are each important victories. My fingers are crossed you!:
Old 09-18-2010, 12:10 PM
FitDay Member

Definitely take your measurements. If you are weight training, you are gaining muscle, and that will offset any weight loss at first. I've only been doing this about 2 weeks, and the first week I was discouraged that I only lost 0.6 pounds, but then I took my measurements, and realized I had lost 1 inch in my waist, my hips and 1/2 inch in my thighs! The next week I lost 3.4 pounds. I haven't measured myself this week, yet. I am not weight training yet, but am walking 2.5 miles some days, and doing aerobic/toning workouts other days.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

I was in the same boat. It took me 2 months to actually lose weight, but I lost quite a few inches. I started tracking my food intake about a month into this.

How are you judging your progress? Is it by weight alone? If you are weight training, you will be gaining muscle and losing fat. Have you had your body fat% measured?

After 6 months I reached my goal of 20lb weight lost. But, I chose to modify that goal because I also knew I was gaining muscle. Anyway, keep at it! You will be successful!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:20 AM
FitDay Member

I know the feeling.... I have not lost anything since my last weigh in on the 22nd

I know I need to up my calories and keep a positive attitude. Any suggestions welcome!
Old 09-29-2010, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Keep going...this is a lifestyle change.

I hear all of you and really can relate. I have been yoyo dieting forever but a couple of years ago I decided to take charge and realize that my overeating was an addiction. Not that I had a whole lot of weight to loose, 50lbs, but I truly believe weather you are trying to loose 5lbs or 150lbs, it is hard.

I fell a little of the wagon at the beginning of this year and I am trying to take control again...I really believe that my weight gain is solely from over eating. I run 3 times a week, work 4 days a week, run my hairsalon on the weekends and manage to have a active life with my kids and husband, with all this said I think we can agree that I am not lazy. I love to move..unfortunately, I love to eat more. :-) and this is why I get into trouble. Oh well, I have about 15 - 20lbs to lose and I would like to do it for Christmas...as my gift to myself.

Weight loss is actually pretty easy...calories in minus calories burned = weight gain/loss...God I wish it was that easy!!!

Good luck to all and if you have any tips I would really appreciate it.

Cooking to lose weight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.