FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Weight Loss Tips (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/)
-   -   Not losing any weight - Help (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/weight-loss-tips/1768-not-losing-any-weight-help.html)

TrainersRoom 09-18-2011 05:29 PM

not loosing weight

The few reasons for which might you are not loosing weight it must be due to some of the reasons such as you are under too much stress, you are not active enough, You haven’t overcome bad habits or developed good ones, you're not getting enough sleeps, these are some of the reasons due to which you are not loosing weight.

kepers 09-27-2011 01:35 AM

It is possible that you dont get enough calories. When that happens your body goes into a starvation mode and you are actually gaining weight. Dont go under 1200 a day.

jackdup 09-29-2011 04:05 PM

Stop eating cheeseburgers, they are not diet food.

AbelAbbot 12-04-2011 10:56 PM

A healthy weight of our body keeps us away from various health problems. Losing weight is not easy and requires too many efforts. Determination, regularity of exercises and healthy meal plans are some of the basic requirements for a successful weight loss plan. Physical exercises play an important role for proper weight loss. But, it is best to find the right balance between exercise and diet. Thanks.;)

volleyballgranny 12-05-2011 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by lemmondrops (Post 18617)
I am stuck and not losing any more weight. I lost 7 lbs the first week, and nothing since. Finishing up my third week. Not really losing inches either. My one fault is fast food (cheeseburgers with no bun - hardees and wendys). They say they are only 5 carbs, but not sure. What am I doing wrong or is that the problem. I just want to see 1 lb a week coming off. Something. I have heard to excercise and not to exercise. Really need to do this...:(

If you are doing low carb, cheeseburgers are fine (without the bun). The carbs come in on the vegetables and cheese. But, you can't just low carb and continue to lose weight. Low-carbing is fine to lose the first few pounds because you are losing the last gained and it's easier. To lose the next 10 lbs and the next...and the next, you need a plan.

For low-carbing, South Beach is good, Lindora Clinic is better, and Atkins is probably the best. South Beach allows too many grains from the beginning (in my opinion) and weight loss is slower. The Lindora Clinic allows too many carbs in the beginning (in my opinion) but is paired with exercise from the beginning, so you lose faster than on the South Beach Diet. Atkins (again, in my opinion) is the best--because you start out with only 20 net carbs per day and work up gradually until you find the maximum number of carbs your body can handle and still lose weight.

READ THE BOOK! My weight-loss group is re-reading The New Atkins for a New You. You'd be amazed at the most recent research.

I have tried each of these, starting with Atkins in 1978. I always end up back on Atkins because it works better. But, I was not always doing it for weight loss--I was hypoglycemic for 32 years and had to watch carbs in order to control my blood sugar. That's a little different than needing to lose weight--though I could and did lose the weight I needed to lose any time I went back to the specific plan instead of just 'low-carbing.'

If you want support, go to facebook and search "lo-carb, low carb, and Atkins." You will find support groups there. Remember that each person's body is different--do some research and find out what low-carb plan will be best for you.

Melvin125 04-26-2012 05:53 AM

For losing weight continuously you should do exercises regularly and avoid all type of fast foods and fatty foods. If you do exercise for some days and than leave it or don't avoid fast foods than you can't loss your fat. Do exercises daily for at least 30 minutes and focus on raw vegetarian foods.