Notices

Reality bites

Old 07-18-2010, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Reality bites

New'ish here and just starting to make life style changes. I had reality check this past week in a dressing room mirror and really saw my body for what it was. Painful, indeed. I also found out I had jumped up another size, even worse, and that pushed the meltdown buttons.

Anyway, jump forward a few days and I am working on making changes. I have really been paying attention to what I am eating for the past several days, journal restarted yesterday, just slowly easing into a new lifestyle. Exercise/activity seems to be the one I am having problems finding/making time for. My job is unpredictable, some days longer than others. Haven't quite got the come home do something in my mind yet. Walking outside is not an option at this time because it's in the late 90's in the evenings until much to late. I am going to try working out to some DVDs in the evenings, I have several of the WATP's, so that should be a good way to start.

Going on vacation the end of this week, that will also be a challenge. Staying with family and doing some mini road trips along the way. i believe I can get some walking in there daily as where we are going the temps are much more reasonalbe. Anyway, I am ready to get the excess weight off, I am ready to do it right. So here goes.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard sassychic, and good luck. Dieting is such a hard word to deal with, so I'm with you on saying that I'm making lifestyle changes. A friend of mine, who also happens to be skinny and a nutritionist, once said to me that being thin is all about having thin habits. So I raise my coffee cup up to you and your new thin habits. Here here. I've been thinking that when I reach my goal that I will buy myself a full length mirror so I can have a reality check everyday, rather than the occasional shocking dressing room experience.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Oh how I hate dressing rooms and their terrible mirrors! I, too, am stuck indoors due to the heat and I rely on my workout dvd's...I'm already counting down the days to cooler weather! Good luck on your weight loss journey!