Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Preventing weight gain in adults cuts risk of diabetes >

Preventing weight gain in adults cuts risk of diabetes

Notices

Preventing weight gain in adults cuts risk of diabetes

Old 02-06-2017, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Preventing weight gain in adults cuts risk of diabetes

If middle-aged adults want to decrease their chances of being diagnosed with diabetes, then they should maintain or lose some weight, as a new study finds that weight gain of less than three over ten years may increase chances of getting Type-2 diabetes by 52 percent.
Researchers found that if everyone who gained weight and then maintained it, regardless of their starting weight, one in five of all Type-2 diabetes cases in the population could have been prevented.

The findings, appeared in the journal BMC Public Health, indicated that public health strategies that aim to prevent adult weight gain in the whole population have the potential to prevent twice as many cases of Type-2 diabetes.

Last edited by stewartdean98; 02-08-2017 at 08:42 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 02-07-2017, 06:55 PM
FitDay Member

that's an important observation
Old 02-12-2017, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

Type-2 Diabetes is such a preventable disease in most cases. Thanks for this post.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:16 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:23 PM
FitDay Member

If middle-aged adults want to decrease their chances of being diagnosed with diabetes, then they should maintain or lose some weight, as a new study finds that weight gain of less than three over ten years may increase chances of getting Type-2 diabetes by 52 percent.

Researchers found that if everyone who gained weight and then maintained it, regardless of their starting weight, one in five of all Type-2 diabetes cases in the population could have been prevented.

The findings, appeared in the journal BMC Public Health, indicated that public health strategies that aim to prevent adult weight gain in the whole population have the potential to prevent twice as many cases of Type-2 diabetes.

"We have shown that a population-based strategy that promotes prevention of weight gain in adulthood has the potential to prevent more than twice as many diabetes cases as a strategy that only promotes weight loss in obese individuals at high risk of diabetes," said first author of the study Dr. Adina Feldman from the University of Cambridge in England.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience about it.
I have been diabetic for over 5 years now. I was 30 when I was diagnosed so have experienced with the injections and so on.

For the most part my diabetes has been well controlled; my last HbA1c was 6.1. Things did get a little out of control between the ages of 34 and 36. I really let things get out of control and my HbA1c levels rose dramatically.I personally searched for a treatment and saw doxyva. It is a device which treats you with vaporized co2 to improve blood circulation.I saw positive feedbacks and reviews are overwhelming, I placed an order and I am using it right now. Based on my experience its worth it!
Old 08-24-2017, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

The sad truth is that most health problems are preventable... diabetes being one of them. A lot of the biggest killers in today's society are caused by poor diet and lack of physical activity.