Notices

Nite Shift needs help!

Old 07-11-2010, 11:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Nite Shift needs help!

I work nights. Any advise on when to eat and when not to eat? I awake at 1:00 p.m. and I am up until 7:00 a.m.

PLEASE HELP!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 PM
FitDay Member

I worked a similar schedule for 13 years. In the end I wound up eating more than 3 meals per day, more like grazing, watching the caloric totals.

Sleep was the hardest, you won't be able to exercise or metabolize food while your exhausted. I wound up adopting a cat like sleeping pattern, biphasic or polyphasic, where you sleep a big chunk and then take a 2-3 hour nap before work.

Of course none of this works with a family schedule, so the balancing is tough.

Dave
Old 07-15-2010, 10:21 PM
FitDay Member

I also work graveyard (10pm to 6:30am). I usually get up about 4pm and go to bed at 8-9am. My eating patterns are usually breakfast at 6pm...snack at 9 or 10pm...lunch at midnight...snack at 2 or 3am...dinner at 5 or 6am. I plan ahead with my meals and I am blessed with a full kitchen (stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator) in my breakroom so I can actually cook my meals instead of just nuking them!