Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Why Do People Fail to Successfully Lose Weight? >

Why Do People Fail to Successfully Lose Weight?

Community
Notices
Like Tree3Likes

Why Do People Fail to Successfully Lose Weight?

Old 08-22-2017, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ruvvoy
Urban lifestyle and artificial food over-abundance is unsuitable for our species. You have to live with moderate scarcity and suffering to avoid having it too good. And this, in turn, is contrary to the obsession with happiness. Contentment and acceptance of suffering is not an easy skill to master, and so is control over one's emotions. Hence, the continuing weight gain as you age and the absence of lean periods accumulates. The more junk you allow to get into your body and your soul, the faster it happens.

Also, most people do not know how to eat, and substitute artificial mathematical constructs and absurd restrictions for a collaboration with one's body and patience, and then they demand results from it on schedule because they checked off some arbitrary checklists, and got numbers to back them up.
I agree sedentary lifestyle and sitting all day with job is the main reason of gaining weight.

I am also struggling with weight loss. My job requires me to sit in front of a computer and do journal entries all day long. The job is kinda boring and I don't get much time for physical exercise. I also eat junk food at least one time while I am at the job.

Currently, I am sitting at 260 lbs and desperately need to lose weight.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:30 AM
FitDay Member

Laziness, Improper diet are the reasons.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:22 PM
FitDay Member

Often times hormones can cause weight loss to become even more difficult than it already is. High cortisol (the stress hormone), elevated insulin, imbalanced reproductive hormones and low thyroid are a few you may wish to look into.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:59 PM
Banned

Weight loss is time taking process. with passing of time our enthusiasm became low due to lack of proper firm determination and confidence. It needs proper diet plan and exercise.
Kathy13118 and soccergirl484 like this.
Old 05-08-2018, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

I agree.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:05 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Good question, My opinion is that, the main reason behind this is that people don’t have patience nor they want to wait , they want result ASAP but this is not possible especially in case of losing weight.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:25 AM
FitDay Member

counting calories works..
Old 06-03-2018, 07:30 PM
Banned

People may have different opinion on fats, carbs, and everything in between, but everyone agrees that protein is important for health. Eating protein-rich foods helps in building muscle, promoting weight loss and feeling full after eating. It is quite beneficial to eat lots of proteins, but the crux is that you should eat a balanced diet to stay healthy. link removed

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 09-10-2018 at 06:56 AM.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

All of the above are perfectly valid reasons but I think it missed one of them - eating for emotional reasons, when upset.
That, combined with all of the above is a combination that leads to serious weight gain.
Old 07-21-2018, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Obesity has become a common problem among both male and female. Our modern way of living, consuming unhealthy foods and dependency on medicines for different health conditions are some of the factors that are the prime cause of overweight. No time to do exercise or go out in the open air to breath freely and take pure oxygen! Keeping all these and many allied factors in mind, there are many natural and effective weight loss supplements being formulated by a talented mind. The ingredients present in it inhibits the formation of fat cells and helps to melt down excess body fat. This helps to give you a slim and alluring look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.