A friend who doesn't gain weight >

A friend who doesn't gain weight

Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes

A friend who doesn't gain weight

Old 03-29-2017, 04:34 PM
FitDay Member

So, I have a friend I have been living with for the last 6 months. He eats everything, he has been thin all his life. Its not that he goes out and plays a lot , nor does he do anything that might burn all the fat he eats, yet for some reason he stays very slim . I am perplexed at how our bodies work to digest fat. He suggests that he has higher metabolism ? now is it a good thing or a bad thing , having higher metabolism?
Answer
Request
Old 05-30-2017, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

I am Fitness Trainer and I face these kinds of queries on regular basis. Even many of my clients are working on this problem (how to gain muscles mass) and their weight is improving.

It is very tough for a skinny person to build muscles or gain mass but it's not impossible. If he is doing right exercises and consuming right diet then it is possible.

I am researching on this from a very long time, and I found some valuable sources https://musclebuilding.pro/blog/best...n-muscle-mass/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR6ysjEeJvI and they actually work for my clients and they find it effective also. And I hope you also find it useful and it will also help you in gaining muscles mass.

Last edited by michealjones; 05-30-2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Probably working during the night will have something to do with metabolic rate, same thing happened with me, didn't have to diet while I worked then shifts.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:08 PM
FitDay Member

Tell him to have nutritional diet.
Old 06-29-2017, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Maybe your friend has slow metabolism and should get that checked, some people can lose weight quickly, others the complete opposite
Old 06-29-2017, 09:23 PM
FitDay Member

i need also tips ..
Old 07-13-2017, 05:46 PM
FitDay Member

You can try some weight gaining supplements it gives proper nutrition to body. Or consult to a dietitian.
Old 07-30-2017, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Your friend is burning more calories than he is taking in. People that seem to eat what you do but you gain and they don't is usually because of their higher NEAT (Non Exercise Activity Thermogenesis). These are calories you burn just getting through your day that don't include your exercise program. When people speak of slow metabolism it's generally just low NEAT

Last edited by Tommy W.; 07-30-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Old 08-24-2017, 03:18 PM
FitDay Member

The only way you can gain weight is by eating more. It sounds like your friend struggles to find time to eat enough. I would suggest he goes for calorie dense meals/snacks that are quick and easy. Some examples include:
-nuts
-avocado or peanut butter on high protein bread
-shakes! these are a super easy way to get in calories... 1-2 scoop protein, oats, milk of choice, peanut butter, banana- blend and enjoy
-whole eggs cooked in coconut oil, avocado, toast, spinach, tomato (can also make this into an omelette to take on the go)
-coconut yoghurt with granola, nuts and berries
-chia seed pudding, put in a jar to take to work- here's a recipe Link removed
-protein bars- these are often high in calories, just look for ones that have as natural ingredients as possible https://www.muscleforlife.com/health...n-bar-recipes/

Last edited by vabeachgirlNYC; 12-21-2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:15 PM
FitDay Member

For healthy gain, eat a lot of good fats, such as avocados, nuts and seeds, meat, bananas, eggs... and exercise a lot!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.