Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
Need some tips on getting back in shape? >

Need some tips on getting back in shape?

Community
Notices

Need some tips on getting back in shape?

Old 07-06-2016, 08:36 PM
FitDay Member

Red face Need some tips on getting back in shape?

I'm a 29 Male. 6'1" 228 lbs, with a gut :P
I need to get back in shape. I'm not highly overweight, but I'm starting to notice the lack of energy, etc, like I once had.

I was wondering what combination of exercise and walking, and time limit, I should be working up to to start loosing weight. Like doing stretches, crunches, push ups, walking, jogging, and some stationary cardio. All ideas I have, but I don't know much time in each, or how many times a week.

My goal is to lose 2 lb a week, as recommended by most. My overall goal is at most to get down to 170 lb.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Losing weight is really a matter of diet and calories. Exercise is healthy and it does contribute to weight loss. However, it takes a lot of exercise to work off what can be eaten in two minutes in a kitchen!

If there's a Y near you (or other gym), a personal trainer would probably give you good advice about exercise for your own program. I doubt he would disagree with the diet and weight loss emphasis, though.

Good luck to you!