Notices

Might be too much but...

Old 06-15-2010, 10:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Might be too much but...

I just realized that logging what I am ABOUT to eat is helpful. I can look at ratios and swap some things out.

For example, I just switched out a 60 cal sugar free pudding for a caramel greek yogurt. Even though it's more cals, my protein percentage (which I struggle with) just shot up!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

I don't log my foods early, but I definitely plan out food for an entire day ahead of time so I can look at portions of protein/carbs/veg to make sure I'm getting enough of everything, and so I can keep track of the calories.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

I agree %100.

usually, I've prepared my lunch and breakfast for work, and I have an idea of what i want for dinner. I enter all of this food ahead of time, plus my intended excercise, and get a look at what i can accomplish today. It helps both with sticking to the set meal plan, and with commiting to as much excercise as I envisioned. Of course, the nice part is you can tweak it if you do more or less eating or excercising. This is a helpful practice to me....
Old 06-15-2010, 01:12 PM
FitDay Member

I do much better if I log my entire day either first thing in the morning or the night before. Even if I'm not quite sure what's for dinner, knowing what I've "spent" in calories for the day already helps me to figure out what/how much to eat at night. If I have to go back and change things, I do, but it definitely helps to plan ahead.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator

Default Exactly!

As I get into the second half of the day, I like to put things in and take them out, switching them around till I get my ratios where I want them. That's one of my favorite things about this site.

Where do you find the caramel?? The closest I can find here is honey! Caramel sounds great!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Where do you find the caramel?? The closest I can find here is honey! Caramel sounds great!
Oikos has a caramel yogurt and a chocolate flavor with half-way decent nutrition facts. They're good as a treat sometimes, and I like the caramel better than the chocolate. I get them at Super Target if you have one of those around you...
Old 06-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

We do...thanks for the heads up!
Old 06-16-2010, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

oh! i want some of the caramel flavour yogurt too!!!! too bad we don't have them in Canada!!!!!
Old 06-16-2010, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

I'll have to look for them at Target. I found mine at Whole Foods so I'm sure I paid double for them.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'm just a beginner, I hope this helps, I have been trying and trying to get this weight off. I am hoping this site will help, I have read some of the quotes here and think they may help. gonna give it a try